Release hype thread

VincentASM

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, killing off playable characters is, while not something I like, still understandable. It's the killing off of marriage candidates, that have in built children, like Kaze that kind of annoys me. Hopefully he at least isn't really dead and will return later on.

I'm sadistic enough to be okay with story killing off marriage candidates =P

BTW I wasn't aware of kaze. When did that happen?

What's the 12000 gold item in his item shop?!

Edit: The item in question, under the spoiler

zzDemcq.png

Eternal Proof(/Seal), according to Vincent it increases max lvl by 5

THAT NOHR STREAM IS SHOWING ALL CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS YIPPEE! #hypereborn

Probably obvious from that, but he's just starting so anyone who missed early game can check those (also he's apparently going to Norh and not on Lunatic, so we hopefully won't see 20 resets per map)

Edited by Sylphid

I admit, I'm actually extremely upset about this. One of the driving things about Awakening was that there were no 'canon' pairings. There was a lot of flexibility for headcanons in general, which made it fun for me, since I write fanfiction.

I finally started on my own novelization of Awakening (a dime a dozen I know) and F!RobinxInigo was the planned Avatar paired. The last thing I expected was for the 'happy ending' implied for the pairing (and other Avatar pairing) to be near-debunked by the new FE game. And it just…Really, really hurts. And sapped almost all motivation for the fic in one swoop, which is an awful feeling in of itself.

I was willing to accept them being AU versions of the kids. This I am *far* less willing to accept. There's probably more to this that we're not seeing, but until the situation is clarified, I'm now thinking of not buying FE14 at all. New information might change my mind, but that Odin/Lazward support frankly doesn't give me much hope.

I have similar issues, as in my playthrough I had F!Morgan marry Inigo, but this throws a wrench in that.

On the bright side, there his one bit of hope. Fire Emblem Awakening already operates on multiverse theory, to the point that you can say that every single playthrough is canon, just all in different universe. So say, in one universe Robin is female and hooked up with Inigo. Meanwhile there is an equally canon alternate universe in which Robin is male and married Lucina, aka, my playthrough/fanfic (A Future Disowned, shameless plug).

Simply pretend that the Inigo in fates is from some other timeline/playthrough. Specifically an timeline he, Owain, and Severa where unpaired. I mean, you already have M!Robin popping up due to amiibos, so say that they are from a timeline with M!Robin. Problem solved, has no baring on your story.

As a fellow fanfiction writer, I completely understand how this just messes with everything you are writing. However, in the end of the day canon is what you choose to make of it, and something as silly as that has never kept a good fanficiton writer down. Believe in the you that believes in the canon that you choose to take!

Side note: Do we know how picking up skills is going to work when there is no level reset? Do you still get skills at specific levels of a class, or is it based on how many levels you spend in a certain class. And what is the level cap? Is there a way to pick up skills you missed? I am really curious now.

Edited by TheWerdna

Do we know how picking up skills is going to work when there is no level reset? Do you still get skills at specific levels of a class, or is it based on how many levels you spend in a certain class. And what is the level cap?

That's dependent on how much gold you're willing to fork over, which is nice, as you can get all the class skills available to a unit without fear of over leveling.

I have similar issues, as in my playthrough I had F!Morgan marry Inigo, but this throws a wrench in that.

On the bright side, there his one bit of hope. Fire Emblem Awakening already operates on multiverse theory, to the point that you can say that every single playthrough is canon, just all in different universe. So say, in one universe Robin is female and hooked up with Inigo. Meanwhile there is an equally canon alternate universe in which Robin is male and married Lucina, aka, my playthrough/fanfic (A Future Disowned, shameless plug).

Simply pretend that the Inigo in fates is from some other timeline/playthrough. Specifically an timeline he, Owain, and Severa where unpaired. I mean, you already have M!Robin popping up due to amiibos, so say that they are from a timeline with M!Robin. Problem solved, has no baring on your story.

As a fellow fanfiction writer, I completely understand how this just messes with everything you are writing. However, in the end of the day canon is what you choose to make of it, and something as silly as that has never kept a good fanficiton writer down. Believe in the you that believes in the canon that you choose to take!

I remember reading somewhere that IF was supposedly in a different universe all together. Coupled with some of the S rank spoilers,either they are completely from a different plain of existence (which they're not) or have some ability to move through space and time.

Ugh, my brain hurts...

Just throwing my 2 cents on the Awakening canon topic:

based on the Lazwald/Odin support, the expies in fates gen 1 are more like reincarnations than the actual characters from Awakening, if that helps at all.

The other option is amnesiacs I guess, but something about the word choices there just screamed reincarnation (with vague memories) to me.

Hopefully someone can give links to that

Fates gen 2 kids are reincarnations at best, and that's based on not!Tharja's dark magic lunacy talk anyways which I have hard time taking at face value

Edited by Sylphid

Do we have confirmation that they are the same Inigo/Severa/owain from Awakening, or just that that's what their names used to be? In that case, it's possible they are just the good timeline children.

Edited by MajorMajora

Do we have confirmation that they are the same Inigo/Severa/owain from Awakening, or just that that's what their names used to be? In that case, it's possible they are just the good timeline children.

they mention events from one of the scramble Dlcs, as well as one of the CDs, and fighting a Dragon, so odds are they are the kids we know[/spoilers]

Just throwing my 2 cents on the Awakening canon topic:

based on the Lazwald/Odin support, the expies in fates gen 1 are more like reincarnations than the actual characters from Awakening, if that helps at all.

The other option is amnesiacs I guess, but something about the word choices there just screamed reincarnation (with vague memories) to me.

Hopefully someone can give links to that

Fates gen 2 kids are reincarnations at best, and that's based on not!Tharja's dark magic lunacy talk anyways which I have hard time taking at face value

They specifically mention both their doomed future and the Awakening timeline where they defeated Grima. So they are from some version of Awakening's timeline at any rate

I remember reading somewhere that IF was supposedly in a different universe all together. Coupled with some of the S rank spoilers,either they are completely from a different plain of existence (which they're not) or have some ability to move through space and time.

Ugh, my brain hurts...

Outrealm gate is a thing. The support has them refer to Awakening as being another world, and that once their duty in Fates is done, they will need to go back (isn't clear if they are referring to Awakening's timeline or their doomed future on where they need to return to)

Edited by TheWerdna

but...but if they are the same versions from Awakening, then does this canonize pairings then? I mean, I paired F!Morgan with Ingio, this means I can't get Lazward's child without rendering that non-canon (or making the negative outlook that Inigo would totally cheat on whoever he hooks up with true)

Question: Do we have translations for all of the amiibo lines Robin and Lucina have? I am curious, since I wonder if they reference this at all. Also, does the game explain if the Amiibos are the actual versions of the characters or not?

According to the script dump, the 3 Awakening kids do have quotes in Lucina's and Robin's chapters. Lucina and the kids recognize and interact with each other. Robin...seems to have amnesia again though. The kids recognize him, but he can't remember his own past well.

You probably can't get any interaction between them in the My Castle itself though, since the Amiibo/Streetpass characters seem to be blocked from support raising events and facilities in there (So, you can get Robin managing the acessory shop, but he won't appear for the hot batch - at the very least, he doesn't seem to have any script for it).

Edited by NeonZ

I'm sadistic enough to be okay with story killing off marriage candidates =P

BTW I wasn't aware of kaze. When did that happen?

It was ages ago and I'm not entirely clear on exactly what happened. Kamui was about to die and he basically took her place, then he fell off a cliff to his 'death'. No body though, so he could easily return later on in the story.

They specifically mention both their doomed future and the Awakening timeline where they defeated Grima. So they are from some version of Awakening's timeline at any rate

they talk about them as vague memories afaik though.

That's why I'm interpreting them as reincarnations with vague memories of their past life

English speaking Nohr guy is going FemuixLeon supposedly

OMG so much yes, -immediately flops to that stream-

by the way, the hoshido one seems to be in trouble. The lava is screwing him over o.o

Felicia just healed Hinoka (I think) with her staff, and got healed herself at the same time. Anyone know what happened there? I know Nishiki's personal skill would cause that, but he was miles away.

And what exactly is happening here anyway? They seem to be in a volcano or something? I went to look after my nephew for a moment or two while my dad watered the garden and seem to have missed a lot.

Edited by capmalachi

According to the script dump, the 3 Awakening kids do have quotes in Lucina's and Robin's chapters. Lucina and the kids recognize and interact with each other. Robin...seems to have amnesia again though. The kids recognize him, but he can't remember his own past well.

You probably can't get any interaction between them in the My Castle itself though, since the Amiibo/Streetpass characters seem to be blocked from support raising events and facilities in there (So, you can get Robin managing the acessory shop, but he won't appear for the hot batch - at the very least, he doesn't seem to have any script for it).

Can you link me the script? I want to see this...

I am now terrified they are going to be further canonizing things and further ruining my headcanon/the personal canon my fanficiton is based on.

Edited by TheWerdna

I still don't get how Awakening lookalikes can really be the same characters in Awakening. The lookalikes clearly have different parents than the Awakening characters.

Doesn't make sense. Probably you guys are all understanding the text wrong.

Didn't someone mention they're incarnations or something?

Didn't someone mention they're incarnations or something?

The children might be the ones from awakening due to the support from Odin and Lazward, not!parents could be reincarnations.

You know, I don't think I mind too much since it's not too hard to write it off as other timelines and stuff. Not to mention I didn't care too much about my ships for Severa or Inigo. I really did like F!MorganxOwain, but if I can find an Odin one to surpass it I'll be happy. I already like LazwaldxCharlotte a whole lot more than InigoxLucina. Oh my god, the 2 of them keep hitting on other people after they get married and they're both perfectly fine with it. It's perfect.