Fire Emblem Fates Classes Thread

Sky Soldier

^ No biggie. I more or less guessed that that was the case from the start but I wanted some solid confirmation. Thanks anyways. Also, does anyone have a comprehensive understanding of how the Child Seal works? And for other characters who are not the Avatar, they can reach A+ support with only one same-sex person correct? Lastly, anyone married to Azura gets her Pegasus Warrior class tree instead of her Songstress class if they use a Marriage Seal right?

Edited by BlueSunStudios

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ No biggie. I more or less guessed that that was the case from the start but I wanted some solid confirmation. Thanks anyways. Also, does anyone have a comprehensive understanding of how the Child Seal works? And for other characters who are not the Avatar, they can reach A+ support with only one same-sex person correct? Lastly, anyone married to Azura gets her Pegasus Warrior class tree instead of her Songstress class if they use a Marriage Seal right?

Child Seals - It all depends on how far you are into the game. In this game, the levels of the children when they join you (and the levels of the enemies in their recruitment chapters) scale depending on which chapter you are in the main story. While the child will always join as an unpromoted unit, you can use the child seal to promote them and get them to automatically gain levels depending on how far into the story you are. If you recruit the child early enough (before Ch. 18 I believe, but don't quote me), then they do not get a child seal since their level should be roughly equivalent to your team without promoting. So, for example, if you decide to recruit a child on the Final Chapter, they will join as a lv. 20 unpromoted unit with a class seal in their inventory. Use the class seal, and they will promote and automatically jump to lv. 18 promoted, while gaining all the skills and stats they would have gotten had you trained them up normally. If however, you had recruited them on Ch.14, then they would join, I think, as a lv. 12 unpromoted unit with no child seal since they don't need to promote to get to the "average level" specified for that chapter.

A+ support - Yes, each character can only have one A+ support. They don't have to be reciprocal (E.g. Kaze's A+ support could be Saizou whereas Saizou's A+ support could be Ryouma).

Azura - As far as I'm aware.

Child Seals - It all depends on how far you are into the game. In this game, the levels of the children when they join you (and the levels of the enemies in their recruitment chapters) scale depending on which chapter you are in the main story. While the child will always join as an unpromoted unit, you can use the child seal to promote them and get them to automatically gain levels depending on how far into the story you are. If you recruit the child early enough (before Ch. 18 I believe, but don't quote me), then they do not get a child seal since their level should be roughly equivalent to your team without promoting. So, for example, if you decide to recruit a child on the Final Chapter, they will join as a lv. 20 unpromoted unit with a class seal in their inventory. Use the class seal, and they will promote and automatically jump to lv. 18 promoted, while gaining all the skills and stats they would have gotten had you trained them up normally. If however, you had recruited them on Ch.14, then they would join, I think, as a lv. 12 unpromoted unit with no child seal since they don't need to promote to get to the "average level" specified for that chapter.

Ahh, thank you! I was wondering what those were. I had seen a few instances of people talking about them on the forum, and since I had received none in my playthrough I thought that maybe they were Nohr-exclusive. I got all my children early (I literally only used the skirmishes to some people to S rank before benching all the people I didn't like).

Edit: Regarding the golden coins, they are quite common. You get one coin for about every 4 times you feed Lilith, and if you have Midoriko as a Great Merchant, with her unique bonus she gets about one every two turns. I have 38 coins stashed at endgame and Midoriko never even reached level 15 yet to start using them: you have ten levels of Great Merchant to accumulate them so you should have a nice stockpile when you get the skill. One negative thing though is that they don't stack in your inventory.

Edited by Ayra

When a Child Seal is used, does the user get random stat boosts as the game randomly checked for stat increases on every level-up? Or is it fixed and connected with the estimated averages/some other kind of logic?

I'm guessing the maximum level of 18 from a Child Seal is so the child has room to go into a different class for two extra skills?

Yeah, that'd fit.

When a Child Seal is used, does the user get random stat boosts as the game randomly checked for stat increases on every level-up? Or is it fixed and connected with the estimated averages/some other kind of logic?

It's fixed; the game just lists off the stat boosts you're set to receive just like any other promotion only they're really big. I assume it's based on average gains.

Edited by Othin

Since most special "seal" classes aren't gender locked, I'm just wondering if Dark Flier is locked, I would assume it wasn't though

Gosh, I hope not. I really really want a female Dread Knight. They were one of my favorite classes and I couldn't even get them in FEA!

Thanks to a GameFAQs post I just noticed that Trueblades/Swordmaster's actually dual-wield (non S, non PRF) Katanas now. WOAH. See Hana being a boss next to Ryouma below:

I'm fairly sure that that's actually due to a specific weapon. It should be the "Blessed Katana/Sword", the one that's effective on monsters.

I'm fairly sure that that's actually due to a specific weapon. It should be the "Blessed Katana/Sword", the one that's effective on monsters.

Kinda sucks that the only way to get your trueblade to dual wield is to use one of the overall crummiest swords in the game. Still gonna do it though, forge that thing as much as I can and give it to Hana.

Edited by capmalachi

Kinda sucks that the only way to get your trueblade to dual wield is to use one of the overall crummiest swords in the game. Still gonna do it though, forge that thing as much as I can and give it to Hana.

I think I prefer the normal animation though, the dual style seems a little...too many swords? They are full sized swords so yeah..

Update for Wiki Shenanigans:

So, I'm not sure if we've done a list of all the classes yet, which classes should be linked to which page, and which classes need new pages.

For example, Lancer (the tier 1 class) now links to..you guessed it, Sentinel.

I don't mind Holy Lancer linking to Sentinel, though does this mean Holy Bowman should be linked to Marksman? I currently linked them to Sniper though, how problematic, problems, etc.

Creating new pages is another thing though, though I suppose it's not nearly as problematic

The "other" problem is how to differentiate Lance Fighter (the Hoshido class) vs the enemy only Lancer class. Or do we just stash them in the same page? (Whatever that is, soldier?)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Crummiest? I haven't tried that one, but effective weapons seem really good in this game.

Crummiest? I haven't tried that one, but effective weapons seem really good in this game.

I should clarify, the spirit katana is really good against faceless, and since you don't need to worry about durability it's more viable to just keep one in your inventory to switch to when faceless pop up. However, it's base stats make it very bad as a main weapon, with -1 might and -10 hit over even an iron katana, and it has a -4 to your def and res (an iron katana also has a -1 to those stats, but it gives you a +1 to speed which I don't think the spirit katana does). What I was saying was that it's not really viable to use the spirit katana all the time to get the cool animation, because outside of specific situations it's just not very good. Which, to be fair, makes perfect sense from a gameplay perspective, I just wish there were other ways to get the dual wielding animation. Ideally it'd just be a toggle or something so you can choose whether to use it with any weapon.

Edit- To be fair, I haven't seen a trueblade wielding every katana/sword, so there may be other, more viable weapons that also use this animation.

Edited by capmalachi

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere before, but here we have the Merchant and Great Merchant. I really wanted to see them in battle but I couldn't find any image until now...

Merchant:

Merchant_zps9l9qhpnd.png

Great Merchant:

Great%20Merchant_zpskpltg8ox.png

I guess one of the "good things" about being a Weapon + Magic class is that you can use "Silver" weapons with less of a penalty, since they only penalize either Strength or Magic.

Skill procs can help to alleviate it as well though, though not sure how many skills are accessible.

Thing is, it doesn't solve the fact that most characters don't have balanced Strength + Magic to use both sides.

In any case, you don't start at B Rank, so you're gonna have to reach it slowly so, I think it's not really that much of a good thing

Edited by CocoaGalaxy