"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

I've seen Midoriko's animations for Herb/Great Merchant with a bow. And I want to know if males units have the same (specifically the victory pose) ? Because if they have, well, I'll not be doing any male H/G Merchant.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure the males and females usually have different victory animations.

There are some exceptions like Samurai/Trueblade (and Weapon Master with Sword. Not too sure about the others)

I think alot of the sword animatiosn are the same perhaps. And things like Strategist, Dark Knight, Maid/Butler have the same victory animation.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Ok thanks, one more question : Does the blacksmith skill "smithy skill" always grants you the same quality of weapons or not ? Bronze / Iron / Steel / Silver ? (I suppose it always awards bronze stuff but I want to be sure)

Ok thanks, one more question : Does the blacksmith skill "smithy skill" always grants you the same quality of weapons or not ? Bronze / Iron / Steel / Silver ? (I suppose it always awards bronze stuff but I want to be sure)

I've only seen up to Irons though....

Not that I've seen that much.

Does Devilish Wind work the magic weapons like Shining Bow and Shinrai Pike?

Anything that affects magic attacks (as opposed to tome attacks) will affect magic-based weapons.

As the skill's description says, you get only iron weapons.

So, after the war do Inigo, Owain, and Severa return to their truer realm, abandoning their spouse and children or do they stay in Nohr, abandoning their mothers/fathers/younger-selves? Honestly , that would make me hesitant marry them off at all.

Is it the same for Nohr and IK?

Edited by Respite&Nepenthe

So, after the war do Inigo, Owain, and Severa return to their truer realm, abandoning their spouse and children or do they stay in Nohr, abandoning their mothers/fathers/younger-selves? Honestly , that would make me hesitant marry them off at all.

Is it the same for Nohr and IK?

I am not sure about their married endings but I know in their single endings that it mentions they were never heard of again.Also if Luna marries Lazward or Odin, they get a special ending.This happens regardless of route.

Kind of. There are 3 options for M!Kamui and F!Kamui both. They'll all say the same thing but the words they use make them sound older/younger or more formal/informal.

PCM1 = More boyish. Uses 'boku', no honorifics for peers+subordinates. Kind of similar to how Leon and Takumi speak.

PCM2 = Sounds older and tougher. Uses 'ore', more informal, no honorifics for peers+subordinates. More like Ryouma and Zero.

PMC3 = More formal. Uses 'watashi', speaks identically to PCF1, uses honorifics with everyone. Speaks more like Marx and Suzukaze.

PCF1 = Standard politeness. Uses 'watashi', honorifics for everyone. Calls their older siblings 'nii-san' and 'nee-san'.

PCF2 = Younger, more girly. Uses 'atashi', no honorifics for peers+subordinates. Uses '-chan' with older siblings (e.g. onii-chan, onee-chan). Similar to Elise.

PCF3 = More feminine. Uses 'atashi', no honorifics for peers+subordinates, but more mature sounding than 2.

Also there are slight differences between M!Kamui and F!Kamui no matter which voice option you choose. M!Kamui calls Mikoto 'haha-ue' while F!Kamui calls her 'okaa-sama'. It's the same for Garon (chichi-ue vs. otou-sama).

OMG Thank you wvype and gayserbeam for your answers! I'm sooo sorry I hadn't thanked you two earlier. OTL I'd been meaning to post the question for so long but kept putting it off and when I actually did, I kept thinking I hadn't yet. Dx I really wanted to pick the voice with the "personality" I wanted in Awakening but since it was taken out of the NA version, I super wanted to be able to in this one and I guess I luckily picked the one I would have picked had I known.

What determines which of your units are available in the card shop?

EDIT: To be more specific, I created a new Nohr file with an Oni Savage secondary, so I could give Charlotte the skill Counter in my current playthrough. How do I get the card shop to show Charlotte instead of, say, Luna?

EDIT 2: Never mind, I figured it out. It's your streetpass / My Castle team.

Edited by Carter

There are 22 paralogues, if i recall correctly, and they should all be unique.

For main story maps, aside from the Prologue + Chap 1-6

Hoshido: 14 (1 Disputable)

Nohr: 13 (1 Disputable)

Invisible Kingdom: 16

Hoshido 20 and Nohr 9 take place in the same location, with a similar layout. The map is still kind of different though.

Hoshido 7 is shared with Invisible Kingdom 8

Hoshido 9 is shared with Nohr 18

Hoshido 10 is shared with Invisible Kingdom 11

Hoshido 11 is shared with Nohr 16

Hoshido 12 is shared with Nohr 14

Hoshido 13 is shared with Nohr 13

Hoshido 17 is shared with Nohr 8

Hoshido 19 is shared with Nohr 11 is shared with Invisible Kingdom 15

Nohr 10 is shared with Invisible Kingdom 14

Nohr 15 is shared with Invisible Kingdom 19

Nohr 20 is shared with Invisible Kingdom 9

So basically, between Nohr and Hoshido and discounting paralogues, around half the chapters are the same maps with different gimmicks and positioning?

I'm starting to feel the fact that you strictly can grind in Hoshido/Invisible and you can't in Nohr was to make the games feel more different to make the re-selling of assets like this so blatant.

Ahh well I just hope it's cheaper than 80 usd total when it comes over here.

So basically, between Nohr and Hoshido and discounting paralogues, around half the chapters are the same maps with different gimmicks and positioning?

I'm starting to feel the fact that you strictly can grind in Hoshido/Invisible and you can't in Nohr was to make the games feel more different to make the re-selling of assets like this so blatant.

Ahh well I just hope it's cheaper than 80 usd total when it comes over here.

Not quite.

Hoshido and Nohr share six maps between them.

Hoshido shares three maps with IK.

Nohr shares four maps with IK.

Each route has 28 chapters.

Thus, Hoshido and Nohr share less than a quarter of their maps with each other, while IK shares less than a quarter of its maps with the other two routes (since IK9 is in both Nohr and Hoshido).

Edited by Gomez_Addams

Not quite.

Hoshido and Nohr share six maps between them.

Hoshido shares three maps with IK.

Nohr shares four maps with IK.

Each route has 28 chapters.

Thus, Hoshido and Nohr share less than a quarter of their maps with each other, while IK shares less than a quarter of its maps with the other two routes (since IK9 is in both Nohr and Hoshido).

if you're counting 28 chapters then you must also count chapter 1-6 plus paralogue, which ends up being around 12-13 chapters shared with Hoshido only, which already is a quarter of the game. Count the Invisible Kingdom too and only around 10 maps are strictly Nohr exclusive.

Slightly less than half the game. And that's only maps, don't forget Characters, Classes and Skills, Models, etc. aren't exclusive either, since you can get them through visiting other people's My Castles, capturing and other means, only supports are exclusive to each version. Hell not even the My Castle thing looks all that different between versions other than the hue and a few colors.

This worries me, the game is great and gameplay impeccable (the story is garbage, though), but is this going to become a thing? A thing where we're asked to pay this much more, potentially 80 dollars, twice the game's base value, for Nintendo or Intelligent Systems to actually put effort into making the best they can?

...but is this going to become a thing? A thing where we're asked to pay this much more, potentially 80 dollars, twice the game's base value, for Nintendo or Intelligent Systems to actually put effort into making the best they can?

Honestly, I'd give them all the money I can every time, LOL

But seriously, I don't think this will happen again. The whole "multiple paths" gimmick was meant for Fates specifically. IDK if they'd reuse it.

Honestly, I'd give them all the money I can every time, LOL

But seriously, I don't think this will happen again. The whole "multiple paths" gimmick was meant for Fates specifically. IDK if they'd reuse it.

You never know, but I hope not.

You see, I'm a big fan of the Shin Megami Tensei series and to me this almost felt like they split the Lawful, and Chaos path into two versions and sold you the Neutral/Canon ending path as DLC. The direct and promo said that Nohr and Hoshido would be different enough for a player to be satisfied with just one version and I honestly don't see that happening from what I've seen. Nohr or Hoshido as standalone games feel more shallow than Awakening from what I've seen. If they at least sold the Limited Edition as a standalone, even as a 50 bucks game, then I wouldn't mind it at all.

Do buildings have different upgrade times depending on version, or is there another reason why you can recruit Izana and Fuuga past chapter 19 of Hoshido and Invisible Kingdom, but in Nohr, the site lists it as 23~ for Izana...

despite you passing by Izumo on chapter 18? If it's story details, you can spoil me the whole reason.

Very important question for me.

If you parallel seal from Dread/Dark Flier/Lodestar/GLord at level 21 do you parallel into a promoted class or back into a base class at 20?

Very important question for me.

If you parallel seal from Dread/Dark Flier/Lodestar/GLord at level 21 do you parallel into a promoted class or back into a base class at 20?

If you reclass from a class that can level up to level 40 without the need of Eternal Seals, their level will drop by 20 if it is over 20.

Example, Kamui is a Lv.25 Dread Fighter, uses a Parallel Seal, reclasses into a Light Blood, Kamui will be Lv.5.Once a class like that is over 20, they cannot reclass to tier 1 classes.The exceptions are Felicia and Jakob who naturally go to Lv.40 in an class.

Can they parallel into a promoted class even if they never used a master seal from their base?

Example. Kaze goes from Ninja to Dread at lv 10. When he reaches level 25 as a dread and uses a parallel, does he now parallel into a level 5 Elite Ninja/Pupeteer or back into Ninja 20 since he never master sealed from Ninja?

Can they parallel into a promoted class even if they never used a master seal from their base?

Example. Kaze goes from Ninja to Dread at lv 10. When he reaches level 25 as a dread and uses a parallel, does he now parallel into a level 5 Elite Ninja/Pupeteer or back into Ninja 20 since he never master sealed from Ninja?

Into the promoted class.

if you're counting 28 chapters then you must also count chapter 1-6 plus paralogue, which ends up being around 12-13 chapters shared with Hoshido only, which already is a quarter of the game. Count the Invisible Kingdom too and only around 10 maps are strictly Nohr exclusive.

Chapter 1-6 being shared between both is fine (well, technically, Chapter 6 isn't really shared beyond the start since that's where you make the choice and how the units are used for the three are different), since they're meant to introduce you to both Kingdoms and give you reasons for picking between them (or none of them). Chapter 1-5 are also all supposed to get you familiar with the mechanics if it's your first FE game. Other than that, only four paralogues are shared between Hoshido and Nohr. It also makes sense for paralogues to be shared maps between versions as well, since they're side stories that are meant to be focusing on a particular character and they can only appear on a route if that character can normally appear on that route. Also, all shared maps tend to be different in unit placement or unit amount, and who you actually have available for those shared maps can affect your strategy.

The shared maps also tend to get different objectives and even different features (like how one map have you summon enemy reinforcements if you visit the houses on one version and thus discouraging you from visiting them, while on the other version you instead want to visit them to prevent reinforcements instead. Both encourage different strategies, and both are actually somewhat fitting gimmicks for the point you get to the map on (since the former is midgame and the latter is earlygame, yet the latter can be hard to eal with for the point where it comes since it's part of the more complex Nohr campaign. Of course, the gimmicks themselves also make sense in being different since you visit that map at vastly different points in time, which happened as a result of your choice).

Slightly less than half the game. And that's only maps, don't forget Characters, Classes and Skills, Models, etc. aren't exclusive either, since you can get them through visiting other people's My Castles, capturing and other means,

Only picking the character through winning My Castle battles allows you to use characters you normally can't, capturing characters is only for specific bosses, and some of them are route-exclusive to boot. You also can't buy skills for that character which limits them even more. It's alright if you want to use a watered-down character, but the other route will nonetheless give you the full package instead. There's also the fact that getting Hoshido skills on Nohr units and vice versa are limited and pretty difficult unless it's the Invisible Kingdom.

only supports are exclusive to each version. Hell not even the My Castle thing looks all that different between versions other than the hue and a few colors.

As said above, route-exclusive capturable characters exist and you also can't buy skills for a character you buy from the other team. Also, there's notable aesthetic differences for My Castle depending on the kingdoms you side with (unless you're going for the Invisible Kingdom anyways, though Invisible Kingdom was never meant to be part of the main package).

This worries me, the game is great and gameplay impeccable (the story is garbage, though), but is this going to become a thing? A thing where we're asked to pay this much more, potentially 80 dollars, twice the game's base value, for Nintendo or Intelligent Systems to actually put effort into making the best they can?

Now here's the thing: If this game was released with all the content on one package, it'd probably cost 80 dollars. For the whole thing. Content-wise, each version actually has enough content for one game, which is why it was set up in this way. Notably, the units from Hoshido and the units from Nohr tend to share certain elements with each other in general which will affect your tactics (like most of Hoshido's units being fast, yet weak, and most of Nohr's units being durable, yet slow, and you rarely get units of the other kind if you side with the kingdom that the units hail from) while having the choice of grinding in Hoshido and more complex maps of Nohr affecting the core difficulty of the game. The games were also partially done this way by Intelligent Systems to determine which direction they'll take the gameplay of the Fire Emblem series; whether they'll take it down the path of Awakening or the path of the more classic games. (The other reason was because they wanted to theme the games around the Arran and Samson choice.)

I know this is the one thing topic, but I'm gonna ask two questions

1) During gameplay, I noticed that the weapon called the Assassination Shuriken had the icon for a Shuriken but looked like a Kunai, can someone clear this up?

2) Can someone give me the answer on "WHAT IS UP WITH THE LEVEL CAPS???"

I already asked this question, but didn't get a response.

Can weapons that "~ can't activate skills or critical" still activate Pavise and Aegis? I ask this cause the fine print on the website says only "offensive proc skills" are affected.

Edited by Psyruby

I already asked this question, but didn't get a response.

Can weapons that "~ can't activate skills or critical" still activate Pavise and Aegis? I ask this cause the fine print on the website says only "offensive proc skills" are affected.

I believe so.They just cannot activate offensive skills such as Astra and Luna but I would assume passive battle skills are able to proc such as Aegis, Pavise and Miracle.

I know this is the one thing topic, but I'm gonna ask two questions

1) During gameplay, I noticed that the weapon called the Assassination Shuriken had the icon for a Shuriken but looked like a Kunai, can someone clear this up?

2) Can someone give me the answer on "WHAT IS UP WITH THE LEVEL CAPS???"

there are no unique weapon icons. that's just generic Hidden Weapon icon rather than Shuriken icon. as for in-battle model *shrug*

it's been answered in this thread before but no actual lvl cap with Eternal Seals but there's a visual one at 99

Edited by GoXDS