"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Odin work better as a samauri or dark mage?

He's pretty shitty at both, tbh. He's outclassed as a Dark Mage by Nyx and if he reclasses to Samurai, he will start at E-rank swords and have low strength and defense.

If you want to use him at all, I'd say Dark Mage. He has an existing weapon rank, higher skill than Nyx and an ability which is easy to activate.

The Map where you can get one witch or ballistician class change item

Unfortunately Anna's Gift isn't even a map. You just talk to Anna and she gives you one of the two items. So EwA is the only free map, unlike the various Spotpass paralogues in Awakening.

Edited by gayserbeam

Are the bad or mediocre units still usable if you really like them? Specifically in the nohr route. I heard that magic units got a major nerf but I still want to use nyx and Odin.

Nyx is usable, good speed and magic growths but she's as durable as a wet paper towel. Odin is pretty bad for the reasons I stated above. Personally, I find Ophelia and Leon are superior choices. Elise also has high magic growth.

Edited by NekoKnight

Nyx is usable, good speed and magic growths but she's as durable as a wet paper towel. Odin is pretty bad for the reasons I stated above. Personally, I find Ophelia and Leon are superior choices. Elise also has high magic growth.

Oh. But doesn't getting ophelia require you to use Odin?

To be fair, recruiting Ophelia does require you to use Odin at least a bit?

EDIT: ninja'd

Edited by Skarthe

Oh. But doesn't getting ophelia require you to use Odin?

Well, yes, technically, but you can just pair him up (Guard Stance) with his wife until you get Ophelia. Ophelia wants a magic using mom anyway so the boosts Odin gives as a Dark Mage will be helpful to the mother to be. Nyx and Elise, for example.

Well, yes, technically, but you can just pair him up (Guard Stance) with his wife until you get Ophelia. Ophelia wants a magic using mom anyway so the boosts Odin gives as a Dark Mage will be helpful to the mother to be. Nyx and Elise, for example.

ok. That's good to know. While I'm on the topic of nohr units may I ask how good are Zero and Benoit. I heard that Benoit becomes redundant as you already have effie and that the outlaw class line isn't very good but I still really want to use these units.

ok. That's good to know. While I'm on the topic of nohr units may I ask how good are Zero and Benoit. I heard that Benoit becomes redundant as you already have effie and that the outlaw class line isn't very good but I still really want to use these units.

Zero is pretty good, from my experience. There will be a few maps where his ability to shoot down fliers is really helpful. Because he attacks at range, it's also easy to set up Attack Stances. He also has hi-res so he can tank mage attacks, although he'll have a WTD.

Benoit is... eh. Like you said, Elfie is already so amazing that Benoit is redundant. Looking at average growths, by the time Elfie reaches Benoit's level, Benoit will likely have slightly better stats than Elfie in several categories but Elfie will have like 5 more strength plus an ability that often increases her damage even more so. You also get Elfie super early on so she likely has a good support rank with someone by then.

Zero is pretty good, from my experience. There will be a few maps where his ability to shoot down fliers is really helpful. Because he attacks at range, it's also easy to set up Attack Stances. He also has hi-res so he can tank mage attacks, although he'll have a WTD.

Um sorry but what does WTD mean?

If a Kunai or Shruiken is used from the back of Attack Stance, will it still debuff the target?

I'm pretty sure as long as it hits it will debuff.

I know this was likely asked already, but I don't feel like searching through 99 pages for this question. I know Hoshido is much more like awakening in terms of grinding and ease. But the one thing I really enjoyed about awakening was the fact that there was more to do once the game ended. DLC, spot pass, etc. what are conquest and revelation like with this? Do they just end? Is there at least a lot to do outside main battles, if not how much replay ability is there. Also how does this affect multiplayer? Do Hoshido players get an outright advantage with grinding or is it more equal and balanced? Finally can I choose a Hoshido/Nohr class for mu as the secondary class. As in if I wanted to be a Lancer or weapons master on Nohr side.

Zero Niles is great for a while because the high might of bows and passable starting STR, but eventually damage output becomes pretty low. However, Locktouch, Capture, staves, huge RES and good pair-up bonuses from his class mean that he is always useful for something.

As for Benoit... I wrote this a few months ago for the "Worst Units" thread:

(In spoiler tags because it's long)

You hit the nail there. Flannel and Leo are Benoit's biggest problems:

1) They join right after Benoit does

2) They both have only 3 less base DEF than Benoit, and Flannel comes with a weapon that gives DEF +4

3) They both have more than double Benoit's base SPD and more MOV

4) Leo comes with twice as much RES and Flannel gets a massive RES boost from his Guard Beaststone

5) Flannel and Leo both have higher offenses than Benoit both at base and with growths

6) Leo and Flannel have higher base HP

7) Both Leo and Flannel will naturally learn healing skills; Benoit can get Sol but Flannel can get it too along with Odd Cry

Now if you were to immediately promote Benoit, he'd have more MOV and DEF than Flannel, and some more DEF that he didn't really need. Yet he'd be outclassed the chapter after that by Xander. Instead of using Benoit, you're better served by pairing Benoit to one of your other tanks, like Effie or Flannel, and improving their capabilities.

Benoit's problem isn't that he's a bad tank, it's that he joins right when three other tanky units join who are all faster, stronger, have more HP and have significantly better haircuts.

Other question:

I know this was likely asked already, but I don't feel like searching through 99 pages for this question. I know Hoshido is much more like awakening in terms of grinding and ease. But the one thing I really enjoyed about awakening was the fact that there was more to do once the game ended. DLC, spot pass, etc. what are conquest and revelation like with this? Do they just end? Is there at least a lot to do outside main battles, if not how much replay ability is there. Also how does this affect multiplayer? Do Hoshido players get an outright advantage with grinding or is it more equal and balanced? Finally can I choose a Hoshido/Nohr class for mu as the secondary class. As in if I wanted to be a Lancer or weapons master on Nohr side.

The only paralogues are the DLC, Mozume and the kids, so no, there isn't really a ton to do outside of the story and the My Castle battles right now. This doesn't really affect PVP because everyone uses DLC to max their stats for PVP anyway.

Revelations game saves have the obvious advantage in PVP, because access to more ultimate weapons (including one vital one) and twice as many class options for most characters.

As for Kamui, you can make your Secondary Class any of the following, regardless of your route:

Samurai

Herb Merchant

Ninja

Oni

Lance Fighter

Spellcaster

Priest

Pegasus Warrior

Bowman

Cavalier

Knight

Outlaw

Mercenary

Dark Mage

Fighter

Rod Knight

Wyvern Rider

Edited by gayserbeam

I asked this earlier, but can't be bothered to dig...

Does the enemy use rallies more intelligently in this game than they did in Awakening (where they only used rallies at the end of the turn)?

Unfortunately Anna's Gift isn't even a map. You just talk to Anna and she gives you one of the two items. So EwA is the only free map, unlike the various Spotpass paralogues in Awakening.

Really? That's nasty man.

I asked this earlier, but can't be bothered to dig...

Does the enemy use rallies more intelligently in this game than they did in Awakening (where they only used rallies at the end of the turn)?

They use rallies at the beginning.

Yes they have! *screens from miiverse*

* https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69iqL6Mo7qJG_lF

Talk to them when they have the little cake over their heads.

* https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69iqJV4MFXeKZxk

* https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/WVW69iqJSCoUyKJdBx

And I think you can give them items as gifts too... Oh and yeah, the dialogue change if you are married to them, take Takumi here as an example, you can check a translation of his My Castle dialogues Here

Thank you!