Same-Sex Marriage Confirmed

Kirokan

Not sure if anyone else posted, but from NinEverything:

"“We can confirm that Fire Emblem Fates for Nintendo 3DS, which launches in Japan on June 25, 2015, and is coming to the U.S. and Europe in 2016, includes the possibility for a same-sex marriage to take place between the main character created by the gamer and another character in the game.”"

EDIT: Quoting Iron Griffin below as it may be helpful for people:

"Confirmed options from sources say the options are as followed.

Zero for Male characters available only in Conquest or in the Third Path.

Shara for Female characters available only in Birthright and the Third Path."

Edited by Kirokan

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When they say main character created by the gamer does that mean only Kamui can have that same sex marriage? Will those A+ support change to S in the NA and Europe version? What about the other characters?

Although this statement definitely alleviates some of those people concerned about Nintendo's inclusion, I personally could not care too much.

Didn't we have a topic this morning stating that Same sex marriage isnt in the game?

Only in Japan we don't know if this will change in the NA which a PR so far says it will but we don't really know yet.

OH MY GOD!!!!! OH YEAAH!!!

Huh, Zero and Shara? Never thought I'd marry a one-eyed guy. Hahahaha.

I am so happy now. This is so redeeming for this game! *squees*

Edited by Leif

Kinda word it's those two and just them. Silas would have been a cool gay option, same with a couple of the Hoshido females (since a few of them are a tad tomboyish). Heck, throw in Leo's kid too, considering what he looks like! XD

I would have liked if I could have married Nishiki, but Zero is my fifth favourite character from the games(And the third path will be my main file), so he will suffice.

Here's hoping the writing does NOT screw over the characters. The supports look promising so far (from what little I was able to read on the stream).

Unfortunately, Zero isn't my choice of couple material, orientation nonwithstanding. Can't say much about Shara, since I don't know enough about her. Looks like male Kamui in Hoshido's going to stay single.

EDIT: The supports I read on-stream had nothing to do with the characters mentioned. But it still looks better than Awakening.

Edited by eclipse

Sad that the choices are so fucking limited but I'm still super happy, especially knowing that it won't be erased in the English version of the game.

Kinda hilarious to see Nintendo talk as if they ever cared about diversity and didn't just start that now. Better late than never though! ^.^

#13…. no you cannot. Did you not read the rest of the topic? Only Zero, Shara, and Kamui/Corrin if you choose to play your character that way have gay/lesbian/bi options.

So you CANNOT possibly make everyone gay. At most three (3) characters are gay/lesbian/bi out of the entire cast.

#13…. no you cannot. Did you not read the rest of the topic? Only Zero, Shara, and Kamui/Corrin if you choose to play your character that way have gay/lesbian/bi options.

So you CANNOT possibly make everyone gay. At most three (3) characters are gay/lesbian/bi out of the entire cast.

protip:

JK=Just Kidding/Joking

Wow, I didn't know my voice could be so high pitched. Hope I didn't wake anyone up, haha. I haven't read any supports or anything (avoiding spoilers as much as I can), so I can only hope they're well written and all. I'm not unhappy (pretty obvious), although...I am disappointed with the limited options. At the very least they could add a fan favorite for each. Zero I can...kinda get (though I think Silas would make more sense), but Shara? That's just so...random. Add Silas and maybe Azura or Camilla and you make way more people happy. Also, version exclusive? Man...just cruel.

Over all, I'm very, very happy, but also pretty disappointed with the lack of choices. Oh well, that's life I guess.

I thought A+ was basically going to be the implied gay couple pairings, the "gal pal" support level if you will. And there's far more than 2 A+ pairings, from the looks of things.

So what will the mechanical difference be with same-sex S supports, when neither result in children? It's curious, but both features go beyond what my expectations were for Nintendo. So yay.

This isn't exactly my cup of tea, but I guess good for people who wanted it?

considering Shara is not!Tharja I'd suppose it makes sense, but I still have no idea why they picked Zero of all people as a bi option(you can still marry him as a girl), but then again people consider the best ones are the ones that they didn't expect?

also since he's implied to be a S, can 50 Shades of Zero be a thing

If she acts like Tharja does around the female Avatar in Awakening (the same way she acts around the male one)... oh my...

Yah, I think the fact that Tharja couldn't S support with Female Robin despite the fact that she was just as obsessed/in lust with her as with Male Robin probably has something to do with why Not!Tharja can support with Female Corrin. Though this does mean you have to go through the extra hassle of first pairing off what's his name to get Not!Tharja.

I'm pleased with how this was handled. I knew I would be fine with it so long as not a whole bunch of people were bisexual or whatever. It really would just be unrealistic and annoying, but this is fine.

Honstly, Silas DOES seem to be more of the better gay option because he literally goes out of his way to see the protagonist, but hey, I am just happy I am not forced to marry a woman as the male avatar.

Zero is attractive enough minus the eye-patch, but I hope he's not overly into torture and killing people. I think the writer will handle him well.

This now confirms that I WILL be starting with Nohr. Nohr for life man.

I'll definitely use a female avatar for Hoshido and have her marry Nishiki.

Edited by Leif