Confirmed as two separate versions in the west

Kirokan

I posted another thread about same-sex marriage being confirmed. From the same source comes a statement that finally answers the vagueness of whether or not it is coming in the west as one or two versions.

"“Fire Emblem Fates comes in two different versions, called the Conquest and Birthright editions. In the U.S., Conquest and Birthright will both be sold separately, as is already the case in Japan. For those who have purchased either the Conquest or Birthright edition, a third edition will be made available as downloadable content at a later stage. Details on how the three storylines will be made available in other regions will be announced at a later date."

So they did it after all.

Well, it'll be curious to see the sales figures once it comes over. A lot of us don't think Fire Emblem has the mainstream appeal to pull off two versions like Pokemon. Guess it'll be put to the test.

I am actually kinda glad they stuck to their guns, they made 2 and 64/100 (or maybe 70/100 since i believe chapter 6 is different on each route) different games around the length of awakening. They should be able to sell it as such. And with the digital numbers from japan, they sell the opposing route and the third path for i believe 40% of a physical copy, So 180% price of a game for 2 and 7/10 games. I don't get the hate for dual versions when done like this, the numbers are quite favourable.

I also don't get this apparent love and need for the special edition, it is good for having the special edition, and the art-book, but price-wise i think it is slightly more expensive than going Digital by the Japan numbers,

I am actually kinda glad they stuck to their guns, they made 2 and 64/100 (or maybe 70/100 since i believe chapter 6 is different on each route) different games around the length of awakening. They should be able to sell it as such. And with the digital numbers from japan, they sell the opposing route and the third path for i believe 40% of a physical copy, So 180% price of a game for 2 and 7/10 games. I don't get the hate for dual versions when done like this, the numbers are quite favourable.

I also don't get this apparent love and need for the special edition, it is good for having the special edition, and the art-book, but price-wise i think it is slightly more expensive than going Digital by the Japan numbers,

It's just more convenient for me, and I'm a sucker for art books and the like. I won't be upset if it's not coming here... Just a bit disappointed. Still going to get everything I can, nonetheless.

Edited by Nakaion

^ oh i definitely get buying it to get the perks that it comes with and the connivence factor and i also know that a lot people prefer buying physical versions which it is cheaper than buying two physical versions, plus you get the third path as well (but i think you still need to download it) but it just seems to me people seem to think it is better money wise than buying the other paths digitally.

Hmm. If theres no special edition does that mean we will get the deals like Japan got? IE

You buy Hoshido digitally, you can now buy Nohr for $15 digitally instead of the standard $40?

Gaah I really hope a limited edition releases.

^ oh i definitely get buying it to get the perks that it comes with and the connivence factor and i also know that a lot people prefer buying physical versions which it is cheaper than buying two physical versions, plus you get the third path as well (but i think you still need to download it) but it just seems to me people seem to think it is better money wise than buying the other paths digitally.

Oh, well in that case, I agree. I prefer physical editions personally (plus the less memory taken up on my SD card the better xD), but money wise, both ways are pretty much the same.

^^ uh has there been any reason to doubt we won't get that sale model? I see no reason why we wouldn't unless they overhauled the sale model entirely which they don't appear to have done as it seems the exact same so far, expect for announcing the limited edition, (which is more expensive than digital in Japan anyway, well minus Sd card costs of course)

Edited by goodperson707

I'd really like it if both versions were on a single cart (and I'd gladly pay extra for this). That way, I don't have to physically switch them. Otherwise, I'll have to figure out how I'm going to make everything fit with 16 GB total.

Hoping for that special edition as well, or I'm going to need a new SD Card. Why couldn't the original 3DS's have come with a 4 gb SD card as well?

Edit: 16 GB total? Well, I have a 2 GB card if you want to switch... I think it's a very good deal :)

Edited by Vineron

I don't know why people think there isn't going to be a special edition. The release of two versions does not preclude the release of a special edition.

This is also how I feel about it. People should just be happy that we are getting two (and eventually a third) FE games. And we'll likely get the second (and the third) for a reduced price. Sweet. I see no reason to be upset.

^ yeah we probably will get a special edition like Japan, it might sellout pretty fast though.

Though part of me feels that some people think we won't get the special edition because they thought/hoped/wanted it to be the only version so if there are 2 versions there will be no special edition, Or they think the special edition is meant to be the best deal for everyone which isn't the special edition at all imo.

Edit: 16 GB total? Well, I have a 2 GB card if you want to switch... I think it's a very good deal :)

I bought the 16 GB card to replace the default card, which was way too small. I really wish there was a way to partition a bigger card for the 3DS, because I really want a 64 GB card in there! It would mean that a game like this wouldn't require *logistics* to fit.

I bought the 16 GB card to replace the default card, which was way too small. I really wish there was a way to partition a bigger card for the 3DS, because I really want a 64 GB card in there! It would mean that a game like this wouldn't require *logistics* to fit.

Do you download all your games? I have Pokemon X and Sapphire along with all the DLC and a couple of VC games and DLC for Smash I still have over 2/3rds left.