Fire Emblem Fates Weapons/Items Thread

Bovinian

I don't think that is correct, whenever I've used them the Kunai and Shuriken debuffs recover one point at a time.

Oh dear, do I need to edit all the item pages again? DX

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How easy is it to get Elixirs in this game? The fact that Herb Merchant has a skill that lets you act immediately after consuming a HP recovery item has gotten me curious about that.

They also have a skill that makes elixirs act more like elixirs for most classes as 40 hp doesn't even fully heal exorcists. Vs the 60 hp it would heal with the skill still doesn't fully heal all classes though. Though the hp growths are lower i admit.

That's a Secret Book

Wait really?

Well back to the drawing board

I'm now completely stumped as to what's going on, I don't think there's any like buffing staff, there were no units in range that could have done anything and I'm like...

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

I was wondering what was "wrong" with this image, but I figured it out

Thankfully Vincent added the items, and I recalled that there were items that were "Carry this to increase your stats", and there is exactly one item that fits in the category

http://i.imgur.com/TY56DtN.png

Hmm, the Strength and Speed are from the Raijin Katana.

The other boosts could be anything really. The Canteen or Tonics.

That said, I do feel like it's hiding something simple XD

Hmm, the Strength and Speed are from the Raijin Katana.

The other boosts could be anything really. The Canteen or Tonics.

That said, I do feel like it's hiding something simple XD

He's an enemy in that image though...

The reason why I thought it was the Visitor Emblem was because the boosts correspond to Luck, Defence, and Res. I may have missed some information, but I don't think enemies can buff each other aside from maybe skills (do they even show up in the stat screen?), and he's not in Guard Stance, maybe terrain? (what? oh my)

In any case I'm currently going through omega's Nohr Hard run, so that's why. Digging stat screens up is much, much easier compared to..some other stuff, even if I have to stare at the kanji for "Steel Throwing Naginata" or what not. It's not easy to tell though, since the screens are small and all.

I'm sure there's going to be more stuff that I have no idea about.

Maurice has (or I think he has anyway) the Nohr Normal Run, Hoshido Normal is easy enough, though I will have to find a Hoshido Hard and Hoshido Lunatic run.

As well as actually adding some other stuff I missed (Cough Hoshido Endgame)

Like, nobody "ever" gets to Takumi in Nohr 10, so I doubt I'll be seeing those for awhile..

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

On the 3rd route, do you suppose we'll be able to access the weaponry/weapon types from both factions?

You know, stuff like the Reverse Katana (i.e. Hoshido's Lancereaver equivalent) alongside the Brave Sword (Nohr) and the Levin Sword (Nohr)?

Hmm, so I came across this picture, it seems like Excalibur may debuff Defence and Resistance? Hmm

Good catch. I forgot to scroll down.

It's Defence -5 and Resistance -5. I should double check the other items too, especially the ones I added recently.

Good catch. I forgot to scroll down.

It's Defence -5 and Resistance -5. I should double check the other items too, especially the ones I added recently.

Well that further solidifies it, basically

1 Range S Ranks: Hagakure, Suisha, Aurgelmir - No defensive drawbacks

Hagakure: +20 Avoid

Suisha: +20 Critical Evade (wat)

Aurgelmir: + 15 Crit

Ranged S Ranks: Excalibur, Zanshin, Oboro - Reduces Def/Res, user and enemy's ability to double + 5, bonus crit, reduced avoid

Oboro has some pretty nice debuffs though, and the main point of the ranged ones is to not get countered anyway

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Zanshin has 10 more might than Excalibur does…. its drawbacks are being limited to exactly 2 range.

Excalibur has 10 less might (12 instead of 22) but has 10 more hit and 15 more crit. It can also be used at 1 range if needed (preferably against a Bow user at 1 range to avoid being countered).

I guess its so much weaker in might in exchange for the greater versatility in range and the elevated crit chance (which triples damage when it occurs).

That and Holy Bowman also has only 31 str while Sorcerers have 35 magic, so that erodes some of the might advantage when it comes to damage… except in the case of effective damage, its more like Zanshin only gets 6 more damage than Excalibur, assuming both the users are capped out, as Sorcerers have 4 more magic than Holy Bowman have strength.

The effective damage formula is a bit wonky, or something is up.

I would gather more information for that except it's a bit sparse.

I think Chapter 5 would be easy enough, though it might not be enough data sets.

14 Str, 9MT , +2 from B Rank, 19 Damage, 24 Defense, seems like it's the old formula though

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Highest staff using class mag stat cap is 33. Best case scenario, Kanna can have a mag cap of +10. That's 43 mag, which means those staves would heal a grand total of 16 hp.

Edited because I brain farted.

I'm pretty sure that the formula goes like this as far as I know: Staff Might + (Magic Stat/3) (I'm currently unsure if there is some weapon rank bonus system like there was in Awakening)

You might get 16 HP for the Autumn/Great Festival if Kanna's Magic Stat is a 43.

Also, on some weapon pages I see that there is the usual "after battle, stats reduced (stats recover by 1 each turn)", but that not only doesn't tell us what gets reduced, it also doesn't tell us by how much the stat gets reduced. Unless that means that all stats are reduced by one and that they're decreased by 2, then for those who don't have the game yet (like me who's waiting for the official English release) we'll have somewhat of a harder time deciding which equipment we'll use for each character.

After looking at some stats, while it's not "undisputed" proof, it seems that the Guard Naginata (+5 Def/Res) does not add the normal Naginata +1 Def/Res bonus.

Presumably this applies to the Mirror Yumi and the Quick-Draw Katana as well

Also, on some weapon pages I see that there is the usual "after battle, stats reduced (stats recover by 1 each turn)", but that not only doesn't tell us what gets reduced, it also doesn't tell us by how much the stat gets reduced. Unless that means that all stats are reduced by one and that they're decreased by 2, then for those who don't have the game yet (like me who's waiting for the official English release) we'll have somewhat of a harder time deciding which equipment we'll use for each character.

Unfortunately the descriptions of those weapons literally only say "stats are reduced" without going into detail, likely to save space. They'll probably need to be manually tested by people who have the game.

Should we call "Yumi" as Wakyu instead.

Because:

Tetsu no Yumi translates to Iron Bow, already

Tetsu no Wakyu would translate to Iron Wakyu

Wakyuu is the term Japanese people use for Japanese-style bows, since their regular word for bow (yumi) refers to the western kind. In English though, the word Yumi is used to describe Japanese bows. It's weird but that was probably the intention behind the translation choice. For what it's worth, the English Wikipedia page for Yumi has the title 和弓 when viewed in Japanese

After looking at some stats, while it's not "undisputed" proof, it seems that the Guard Naginata (+5 Def/Res) does not add the normal Naginata +1 Def/Res bonus.

Presumably this applies to the Mirror Yumi and the Quick-Draw Katana as well

Yup, that's why on the top of the weapon pages there are notes that say things like "Naginatas grant +1 Def/Res unless noted", the "unless noted" part referring to if the weapon already affects those stats in some way

Edited by Bovinian

Anyway one "problem" with the translation patch is that it makes me go "what the heck is a "all the world's sin" "

Not much else to say though, still adding pages like crazy on the wiki, I'm done with most (read: the non joke/name weapons/etc) of the standard weapons for katanas, swords, naginatas, lances, clubs, axes, bows, tomes, though the tome section has a bunch of extra that have yet to be dealt with, like lightning and mjollnr.

For the most part, I added everything as

Iron Throwing Katana

Iron Proximity Bow

Warrior Katana

Brigand Katana

Axeslayer Katana

Reverse Katana

Bloom Festal

Vanished Disaster

Wind Summon

Misfortune and Sin

Freeze Staff

Weakness Staff

Draw Staff

For now anyway, not that I support it, but there is "room for debate" that a lot of the pages I created could be merged.

I.E, Bloom Festal with Heal, Wind Summon with Rescue, Iron Throwing Katana with Iron Katana, Iron Katana with Iron Sword, Reverse Katana with Lancereaver, etc

Update:

Additional comments is that, Setsuna uses a Steel Proximity Bow, rather than a Yumi, which I find a bit odd (in a certain chapter anyway), since Hoshidans pretty much exclusively use Yumi. I think anyway...

Regarding the Proximity Bows, you'd think they'd just slap Proximity shot on the users and be done with it but nooo they had to make 6 new weapons

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Anyway one "problem" with the translation patch is that it makes me go "what the heck is a "all the world's sin" "

Not much else to say though, still adding pages like crazy on the wiki, I'm done with most (read: the non joke/name weapons/etc) of the standard weapons for katanas, swords, naginatas, lances, clubs, axes, bows, tomes, though the tome section has a bunch of extra that have yet to be dealt with, like lightning and mjollnr.

For the most part, I added everything as

Iron Throwing Katana

Iron Proximity Bow

Warrior Katana

Brigand Katana

Axeslayer Katana

Reverse Katana

Bloom Festal

Vanished Disaster

Wind Summon

Misfortune and Sin

Freeze Staff

Weakness Staff

Draw Staff

For now anyway, not that I support it, but there is "room for debate" that a lot of the pages I created could be merged.

I.E, Bloom Festal with Heal, Wind Summon with Rescue, Iron Throwing Katana with Iron Katana, Iron Katana with Iron Sword, Reverse Katana with Lancereaver, etc

Lol some of the batons have really trippy names that can't be properly translated, especially not within the English character limit. I kinda expect the localization to just overhaul those names completely.

Regarding the merging, the only one that makes sense is Rescue (which corresponds to "Vanished Disaster" btw. Summon Wind corresponds to Silence), and the throwing versions of iron/steel/silver weapons probably also don't deserve their own page. But Bloom Festal is not the same thing as Heal, and Iron Katana is certainly not the same as Iron Sword. Merging Reverse Katana with Lancereaver is iffy for the same reason as Katana-->Sword, but it could contain a link to the Lancereaver page for comparison.