Generic Portrait Compilation and Capture Info) Edit: Updated with Possessed Versions and Info on Generic Capture

IGdood

My favorite are probably the General and Adventurer (that hat!). I still don't like the Dark Mage/Sorcerer outfit though.

So I take it there'll be enemy Garous and Fox Spirits. It won't just be like the Taguel, and to a lesser extent, the Manaketes (apart from 1/11, 3/12, and 6 of course), where there was really only one (well, two and three respectively, discounting Morgan, but still limited and "unique").

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The greatknight went from having one of the dorkiest designs to one of the best. Like I have never seen better designed generic units. I want all of them. WHELP TIME TO CATCH THEM ALL HELLO THRACIA MY OLD FRIEND!

Wait...

What's the difference between Weapon Artists and Weapon Masters? Presumably one is the promoted villager and the other the promoted samurai, but I thought that those were both the same class. Is one of those generics a beta portrait?

Must remember to capture all of the maids on Hoshido route

Wait...

What's the difference between Weapon Artists and Weapon Masters? Presumably one is the promoted villager and the other the promoted samurai, but I thought that those were both the same class. Is one of those generics a beta portrait?

Must remember to capture all of the maids on Hoshido route

I wondered about this myself for a while until I realized that the second Oni promotion was missing. hence I think Weapon Artist is what's called Blacksmith on the main site.

All Generic Enemy Units

They all have the symbol "囚" which apparently means "prisoner" (they're basically Invisible Risen/Risen 2.0) displayed after their names (except for the shapeshifters), all read from Left->Right and Top->Bottom:

Birthright:

0yj1LTy.jpg

Trueblade<-Samurai->Weapon Master<-Villager->Great Merchant<-Herb Merchant->Puppeteer<-Ninja->Elite Ninja

Shura<-Oni Savage->Blacksmith

Holy Lancer->Lance Fighter->Basara<-Spellcaster->Exorcist<-Priestess->Mountain Priest/War Priestess

Falcon Warrior<-Pegasus Warrior->Golden-Kite Warrior<-Bowman->Holy Bowman

Fox Spirit->Nine-Tailed Fox

Conquest:

MsPT6ia.jpg

Paladin<-Cavalier->Great Knight<-Knight->General

Berserker<-Fighter->Brave Hero<-Mercenary->Bow Knight<-Outlaw->Adventurer

Sorcerer<-Dark Mage->Dark Knight

Wyvern Lord<-Wyvern Knight->Revenant Knight

Strategist<-Rod Knight->Maid

Garou->Managarmr

Lancer

* Notes:

Interestingly, there's both a male and female villager portrait whereas no other class has this trait despite being the same class with no differences aside of sex and maybe battle animations, and the beastial shapeshifters have slightly different facial expressions across each tier, likely due to sharing the same posture with each other (this only applies to their normal facial expressions though).#FabulousDarkMageLineHatersGonnaHate

Edited by BlueSunStudios

Wait, Oboro hates Nohr. Weapon Master, and Kite Warrrior both wield lances. Oboro is a Lancer. Both Weapon Master, and Kite Warrior are smug. Oboro is smugness incarnate. So, obviously Oboro's parents were a Kite Warrior, and a Weapon Master that died fighting Nohr, and that's the reason Oboro hates Nohr! :P

More seriously though it seems like smugness is a running theme amongst most Hoshidans, and I think that's great. Hell, even the doll looks a little smug.

Oboro: I didn't choose the smug-life, the smug-life chose me.

Oh my god, that shady Nohr Maid XD

I know, right? Looking pretty evil there in a sweet way.

So if you capture generics and train them, can they reclass or are they stuck to their class original?

No clue as of right now. I'm willing to bet that they're stuck in their original class line. I also heard that they gain names after you capture them.

All Generic Enemy Units

They all have the symbol "囚" which apparently means "prisoner" (they're basically Invisible Risen/Risen 2.0) displayed after their names (except for the shapeshifters), all read from Left->Right and Top->Bottom:

Birthright:

http://.imgur.com/2Fi7fop

Trueblade<-Samurai->Weapon Master<-Villager->Great Merchant<-Herb Merchant->Puppeteer<-Ninja->Elite Ninja

Shura<-Oni Savage->Blacksmith

Holy Lancer->Lance Fighter->Basara<-Spellcaster->Exorcist<-Priestess->Mountain Priest/War Priestess

Falcon Warrior<-Pegasus Warrior->Golden-Kite Warrior<-Bowman->Holy Bowman

Fox Spirit->Nine-Tailed Fox

Conquest:

http://.imgur.com/gdyao6d

Paladin<-Cavalier->Great Knight<-Knight->General

Berserker<-Fighter->Brave Hero<-Mercenary->Bow Knight<-Outlaw->Adventurer

Sorcerer<-Dark Mage->Dark Knight

Wyvern Lord<-Wyvern Knight->Revenant Knight

Strategist<-Rod Knight->Maid

Garou->Managarmr

Lancer

* Notes:

Interestingly, there's both a male and female villager portrait whereas no other class has this trait despite being the same class with no differences aside of sex and maybe battle animations, and the beastial shapeshifters have different facial expressions across each tier, likely due to sharing the same posture with each other (this only applies to their normal facial expressions though). Also, I don't know how to get Imgur images to actually display themselves instead of having the link there.#FabulousDarkMageLineHatersGonnaHate

You can copy Link Location and then paste it in the section after you click on the Image option when posting. It's right next to the "<>" symbol.

Also, great work! May I ask for permission to update the first post with pics of the possessed generics? I saw those portraits before but I was sleepy and only wanted to do the normal ones.

You can copy Link Location and then paste it in the section after you click on the Image option when posting. It's right next to the "<>" symbol.

Also, great work! May I ask for permission to update the first post with pics of the possessed generics? I saw those portraits before but I was sleepy and only wanted to do the normal ones.

Thanks, and sure! I don't necessarily own the images nor did I rip them, I simply downloaded them and uploaded them for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Edit: Updated my post. Run wild.

Edited by BlueSunStudios

Thanks, and sure! I don't necessarily own the images nor did I rip them, I simply downloaded them and uploaded them for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Edit: Updated my post. Run wild.

Will do, thank you!

Here's some answers regarding generics based on my current playthrough:

- You can promote a generic character: they have the regular two options of their class. If you promote them, they keep their original portrait and do not get the generic portrait for the new class.

- You cannot class change a non-promoted generic. You can class change a promoted generic only to the other class from the class tree. For example, I have a generic Revenant Knight, and I can class change him to Wyvern Lord only.

- You can only capture regular humans. This means no monster, and no phantom or "glowy purple eyes" units.

- You cannot capture generic garous. I assume the same applies for the foxes.

- You can promote a generic character: they have the regular two options of their class. If you promote them, they keep their original portrait and do not get the generic portrait for the new class.

- You cannot class change a non-promoted generic. You can class change a promoted generic only to the other class from the class tree. For example, I have a generic Revenant Knight, and I can class change him to Wyvern Lord only.

- You can only capture regular humans. This means no monster, and no phantom or "glowy purple eyes" units.

Thanks so much for the answers! Sorta disappointing regarding the shapeshifters though.

How are their growths, assuming they level up?

Thank you very much for this info. But just a question do they have class skills? And a slightly harder one, for promoted units do you know which base class a class runs off of? Ie if a brave hero class changes into a berserker or a bow knight, or if a bowkight changes into a brave hero or an adventurer

Thanks so much for the answers! Sorta disappointing regarding the shapeshifters though.

How are their growths, assuming they level up?

They probably level up the same as regular units, just with no unique growth rates and no unique stat modifiers.

Thank you very much for this info. But just a question do they have class skills? And a slightly harder one, for promoted units do you know which base class a class runs off of? Ie if a brave hero class changes into a berserker or a bow knight, or if a bowkight changes into a brave hero or an adventurer

They did say that a promoted generic keeps their first tier portrait even after they promote, so I assume this also applies to promoted classes where they keep the portrait they had when you recruited them. I personally wonder if their emotions change whenever they had an advantage, disadvantage, or if they can even function in My Castle. Also, I do believe that they function like every other character in that they learn class skills and all that other jazz.

Edited by BlueSunStudios

They did say that a promoted generic keeps their first tier portrait even after they promote, so I assume this also applies to promoted classes where they keep the portrait they had when you recruited them. I personally wonder if their emotions change whenever they had an advantage, disadvantage, or if they can even function in My Castle.

In the ripped game files I do see that they have smiling, hurt, angry, and neutral faces. I also recall that they will man shops in My Castle if recruited.

I also recall that they will man shops in My Castle if recruited.

Aren't those lines actually for "villagers", rather than generic soldiers?

Curiously, there are generic epilogue endings too in the game data, although I guess they're just dummy data and aren't actually shown when you finish the game,since it'd be kind of odd to have a bunch of extra endings all identical to each other, if you have more than one generic.

Edited by NeonZ

They probably level up the same as regular units, just with no unique growth rates and no unique stat modifiers.

They did say that a promoted generic keeps their first tier portrait even after they promote, so I assume this also applies to promoted classes where they keep the portrait they had when you recruited them. I personally wonder if their emotions change whenever they had an advantage, disadvantage, or if they can even function in My Castle. Also, I do believe that they function like every other character in that they learn class skills and all that other jazz.

i mean if you capture a brave hero as a brave hero, is it a fighter brave hero or a mercenary brave hero, and is it constant or is it variable which one it is.