New Arkham Mafia - SK wins - Gratz to everyone who had fun!

Balcerzak

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first death of the night was rather a mundane one, which is not meant in any manner to belittle the crime or the victim. In any other situation, how the killer had managed to get their victim to drop their guard, invite them into their home, and then proceed to dispatch their target would have provided the media ample opportunity to lap up the story like rabid jackals. But it was all perfectly within the spectrum of things that are, if not expected to occur, at least able to be explained.

...Unlike, for instance, the following scene which played out to an audience of one:

Two figures surrounded an array of magical implements, carefully arranged and positioned. Sticks of incense smouldered aromatically, and the ticking of the old grandfather clock on the far wall provided a comforting normality in contrast to the occult atmosphere exuded by everything else. The door to the arcane atelier creaked as it opened, and a third guest, unexpected and uninivited, made their entrance.

"Ah, you've arrived? I was hoping to go and meet with you later tonight," began the person who was clearly in charge of the affairs taking place. "But of course there was the Great Ritual to take care of first... Wait, please don't touch that,"

"Oh, and why not?" cooed, the interloper. "Is it going to interfere with your little ritual, mmm, dear?"

"Oh no, nothing of the sort, everything is already well underway and at this point cannot be stopped. And honestly, you, of all people, ought know enough to refer to it properly. It is the Great Ritual." An exasperated sigh made plain the speaker's displeasure at having to harp on the issue. "Back to your question though, it's not that you'd cause any problems, it's just that if you knock that urn over, there will be a dreadful mess to clean up."

"A dreadful mess? I think I can manage that without this silly urn!" A laugh like pealing bells preceded a horrid wrenching sound, that was then followed by soft, wet gurgles and a sharp gasp.

"No! Whatever did Minion 2 do to deserve that? And just look at all the blood!"

"Pffhht, you brought this on yourself, really. And to repay your arrogance, as long as I'm here I might as well finish the job..."

Before the figure could act, however, the clock struck the hour, and time seemed to freeze. A rend opened in the floor, seemingly reaching leagues below the ground, and unnatural colors swirled up and out from its depths like an unhealthy vapor.

"Ah, and it is completed," breathed the leader triumphantly, ecstatically... madly and turned to behold the outcome.

"Inconceivable!" hissed the other, before following with a shout. "You have no real idea what you've just done, do you?" Real terror could be heard present in their voice for perhaps the first time in ages.

But that was the end of any dialogue, as a snaking tendril reached up through the rent earth, coiled around the ritual leader's ankles and dragged them to an indescribable doom. As for what happened after, well that's a story for another day...

There has been an eclipse.

The full moon turned blood red as shadows quickly stole across it. A curious sound, as if the atmosphere were suddenly rushing into a vacuum--or maybe like that of highly pressurized gases escaping from confinement--coursed through the town, though no actual passing of the air could be felt. Indeed, there was an absolute stillness to the atmosphere, as if everything were balanced on the edge of a knife. Strange colours appeared to boil up from the sewers, reaching up towards the sky, like a many-tentacled being trying to grab hold of a long-awaited prize. Then a loud crack, like a mirror being shattered echoed across the town, and the vapors tinkled to the ground and melted away. The strange shadow retreated from the moon, and the dawn proceeded as normal, with (almost) nobody the wiser.

Paperblade was killed. He was Nicolas, the Town Ascetic Nurse Voyeur.

Wen Yang was killed. He was Michael, the Cult Role Cop.

Izhuark was killed. He was Alison, the Cult Recruiter.

I advise you check your role PMs before posting.

Okay, I'd posted a little prematurely, so I had to hide and unhide it, but I think I've remembered everything now. You are free to start lynching each other again. Only four of you remain, how will things play out?

THIS ISNT FUNNY ANY MORE BAL

Randa was a Mason with me. I was convinced that there were still 3 scum and that Weapons/Crysta/Wen were the full team but apparently Wen just sucks.

I'm assuming there's still one mafia out there so we have to ##Vote: No Lynch and pray for crossfire at this point.

hahahaha you still need me. This is the funniest game ever. Wait it has to be two mafia left so SB I'm assuming you're the last townie. So I have to decide to shoot Randa or Crysta and then you lynch the other with me so I win right :D

I'm not maf I'm cult, which shouldn't exist by all laws of common sense. Which is why I want to know if town even exists anymore. Anyways I'm not even the recruited in the freaking martyr. Like I lost already.

I am still town, sadly.

Cult shouldn't be alive. I'm assuming the last reset was caused by the death of the CL, because there's no other explanation.

It could be 2/1/1 because Crysta said that she and Weapons were the only mafia last reset(?) but it's also possible that she and Randa are both maf together and are lying about it so idk. NL is the best option regardless.

If Randa IS telling the truth, we should lynch him and get him out of the way, but if he's mafia gambitting for some reason (it's possible, considering he's Randa) then we would probably lose unless it's 1/2/1. Decisions are hard.

Cult can't be alive now that I look at it. Based on number of recruitments, they shouldn't have had enough to still be in the game. I think Randa is mafia trying to shoot me and not getting me to shoot him.