New Arkham Mafia - SK wins - Gratz to everyone who had fun!

Balcerzak

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cult and maf can't join its not in their best interest. Cult doesn't want to kill town, they want to focus on removing maf as soon as possible. On the other hand maf wants to kill both cult and town, with the obvious kill priority being focused on town. In addition any attempts to joint would require open communications which would be absolute suicide on the part of mafia.

This is wrong. Mafia and cult are threats to the town, not each other. It's as simple as the cult and scum outing in the NIGHT PHASE and coordinating night kills/ cults to win the game. There's probably no kill power left in the game outside of maf and sk.

Here's how it could work out:

10 players left

4 town

3 mafia

2 cult

1 wolf

we lynch the wolf

mafia outs

cult outs

mafia kills a fool

cult brings another to the Great Pumpkin Festival

it is now

2 town

3 mafia

3 cult

The cult and the mafia lynch a fool

The cult idles or cults eclipse for the sheer irony.

The mafia kills the last townie.

It is now

3 mafia

3 cult.

Both factions win as they've achieved parity.

The town is Sad.

And we've all summoned the Great Pumpkin.

This is what will happen for sure if we smoke the wolf.

Now, that being said, If the cult would cult me, I wouldn't mind that.

However I'm going to play to my wincon for now. That's why I can't lynch Gaius right now.

If this were true they could just force a NL today

Can they? Remember, the big bad wolf has a doublevote apparently.

Also keep in mind that I was cult and mafia previously. We (SB and I) were intending on jointing with the mafia before the timeline frayed again.

Also that is parity in the scenario I just listed.

I mean we could ask Bal about it but I doubt he's going to unambiguously confirm or deny it in public.

This is wrong. Mafia and cult are threats to the town, not each other. It's as simple as the cult and scum outing in the NIGHT PHASE and coordinating night kills/ cults to win the game. There's probably no kill power left in the game outside of maf and sk.

Here's how it could work out:

10 players left

4 town

3 mafia

2 cult

1 wolf

we lynch the wolf

mafia outs

cult outs

mafia kills a fool

cult brings another to the Great Pumpkin Festival

it is now

2 town

3 mafia

3 cult

The cult and the mafia lynch a fool

The cult idles or cults eclipse for the sheer irony.

The mafia kills the last townie.

It is now

3 mafia

3 cult.

Both factions win as they've achieved parity.

The town is Sad.

And we've all summoned the Great Pumpkin.

This is what will happen for sure if we smoke the wolf.

Now, that being said, If the cult would cult me, I wouldn't mind that.

However I'm going to play to my wincon for now. That's why I can't lynch Gaius right now.

Nope maf wins in that situation. The point of a faction winning once they reach parity is so that we don't have to play out of the rest of the game as we already know what's gonna happen. In this situation the cult can't win. I have never heard of a cult that can recruit mafia, and maf has a kill, so once it reaches parity guess what, mafia shoots cult, then lynches cult, then shoots them again and wins the game. And if cult can recruit mafia, which bastard game so it might be possible, then cult wins. Maf shoots cult, cult recruits maf, cult lynches maf, maf shoots, cult recruits maf, game over cult wins.

It's fine to talk about cult and maf possibly jointing, if we had any indication in our role PM's that was possible. But as I'm sure you remember nothing in our pm says we could joint, nothing in the flavor indicates we could joint, and nothing that has occurred in this game up to this point indicates that mafia and cult or sk and town can't joint.

As the town crowded around the woman they'd decided to lynch, she shrugged and smiled. "Alright, alright, I get it. But let's follow protocol at least. You gents owe me a phone call and a last meal first." Her demeanor was entirely unafraid, almost playful, and one could have sworn her eyes were smiling. But it was impossible to deny her request. Midway through her last meal (fresh lobster, if you must know) the law enforcement office's phone rang with a call from the Mark Dayton. There was a bunch of weak explanations and poor excuses, but the long and short of it came down to the fact that New Arkham wasn't allowed to lynch anyone today.

The townsfolk were understandably furious, and quite probably would have disobeyed the governor's direct instructions, but when the police returned to the holding cell the prisoner had been being enjoying her meal in, she was nowhere to be found.

Nobody has been lynched: Today's executions were cancelled.

It is now Night 3.

Okay just a question was it you snike the governor or was it gaius ? Cause if it's you it was a dangerous move.

So gaius your life has been spared but that do not in any case cancel your oath, you shall concert with us on who you will kill tonight before doing anything. Ah and you still didn't tell us your wincon by the way.

Randa is a scum. Let him live because we need a lynch target tomorrow.

Gaius please shoot Crysta, Chen, Izuhark or Wen tonight. IMO they're more likely to be cult than not.

Speaking of cult, don't be a stranger. I want to join the Great Pumpkin Festival.

Which is a bad thing for the mafia I imagine, so they'll have to make a hard decision: Shoot for cult, or shoot the SK?

The choice is yours. In the meantime, I'm gonna popcorn.

Have fun!

Okay just a question was it you snike the governor or was it gaius ? Cause if it's you it was a dangerous move.

So gaius your life has been spared but that do not in any case cancel your oath, you shall concert with us on who you will kill tonight before doing anything. Ah and you still didn't tell us your wincon by the way.

That was gaius I imagine.