lol

I don't even play FF, but I don't have access to the newer ones? Should I play the older games from before their betrayal of Nintendo?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

2. 2. Which is better?

• FF10
    • FE10
  3. 3. Which is better?

4. 4. Which one is better?

5. 5. Which one is better?

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, the DS games were decent. I liked OoE the best out of the lot. Dawn of Sorrow was ok but not amazing. Portrait of Ruin was somewhere middle of the road.

Yeah I think they got better with each iteration I do still think Dawn of Sorrow was fun though.

Man, I wish I could get Kid Icarus: Uprising that cheap... But on Amazon it's really expensive and even used, it's almost $40 on GameStop.com... And that's without shipping costs. But I don't want to pay that much for a game that I could very well end up not liking...

I can't really buy anything right now though... I'm so poor... :(

I really want to try OoE...

Kid Icarus Uprising is a really fun game, one of the best on the 3DS, just prepare for the very awkward control scheme.

Maybe not the best place for this, but what are the Zelda games that are generally regarded as the best? I've really wanted to get into them, and I've played a few of the earlier ones some, but I didn't like them too much. Any that are good that I should try?

^Ocarina of Time, Link to the Past, Wind Waker Personal favorite, and Twilight Princess are considered among the best.

Majora's Mask is also really good, but its so different from the rest of the series I recommend playing one of the other mentioned ones first.

Maybe not the best place for this, but what are the Zelda games that are generally regarded as the best? I've really wanted to get into them, and I've played a few of the earlier ones some, but I didn't like them too much. Any that are good that I should try?

If you're looking into getting into the 2D ones, Link to the Past is often considered the best, but that's not to say that the others have no merit. The newest one, Link Between Worlds is also just as great as LttP in my opinion, and it experiments with much more openness.

With 3D Zeldas, the debate over which is the best is fierce, most can say that they're all good. The thing about the Zelda series is that they're all so diverse, it's hard to say which is the best for a newcomer to the series. It all really depends on what you want in a game. Do you want something explorative? Play Wind Waker. Something long and epic? Twilight Princess. Something unique and bizarre? Majora's Mask. Want something creative? Try Skyward Sword. Want something simple yet consistent? Ocarina of Time.

^Ocarina of Time, Link to the Past, Wind Waker Personal favorite, and Twilight Princess are considered among the best.

Majora's Mask is also really good, but its so different from the rest of the series I recommend playing one of the other mentioned ones first.

Thanks. I'm probably gonna buy Twilight Princess because I have a ton of extra birthday/Christmas money and it's the cheapest on Amazon.

Also @ Knight, that makes me want TP more. I love me my epic games.

Edited by Blaze The Great

Wouldn't say it's my all-time favorite, but here are a couple of songs that don't get much recognition. Fate/EXTRA's soundtrack in general is great but these two take the cake.

First:

While it's only called Battle Theme 5, it's actually more important than that in the story as it only plays on two occasions:

[spoiler=Spoilers for Fate/EXTRA]

The first time it plays is during the Week 6 boss battle against either Rin and Lancer (Cu Chullainn) or Rani and Berserker (Lu Bu) each being the girl that you didn't choose to save at the end of Week 3. The song gives the extra emotional weight to the battle as the person you're fighting is one whom you've previously considered a friend and now, due to the nature of the Moon Cell Holy Grail War, you have to kill each other.

The second time it plays is in the optional fight during Week 7 that only occurs if you have maxed out your affinity with your Servant. The SE.RA.PH comes down to break you two apart (as the Servant's first priority should be to the Moon Cell) but you stand up and fight against the SE.RA.PH to prove your bond. Really ties down how close you and your Servant have gotten. Even better is that after you beat the SE.RA.PH you get to listen to that song for the rest of your time in the Arena.

The second song is:

This song first plays when you first meet your Servant and later becomes the normal enemy theme starting from Week 4 onwards.

My reason for liking it: that freaking bass line.

Edited by The Geek

There are so many video games songs i like. My favorites are like 2D Field from Soul Hackers, Streamside from Ragnarok Online, Mechonis Field from Xenoblade, bike theme from Pokemon RSE, Conquest from Awakening and Liberation from New Mystery. Ragnarok Online has my favorite Sountrack ever and it drowns me with nostalgia. Next month it's been 10 years since I first played it, which is crazy!

IDK about favorite song ever, but recently I've discovered the Turrican games and holy crap, Chris Huelsbeck is an amazing composer!

My favorite song changes all the time, but this has gotta be mine right now.

Wow, someone else who plays the PCE Ys games! :o

Favorite video game characters? Hmm...

1. Sten. I love Sten from DA:O, and he will always hold a special place in my heart.

2. Rock Lobster. He was a monster I raised in Monster Rancher. Basically he was an evil lobster-ninja that was too rock stupid to hate me. I loved him dearly.

3. Merrill. Merrill from DA:2. Despite being crazy she was made of adorable, so I still really like her.

There's probably a few I'm forgetting, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

I have quite a list of favorite video game characters.

1. Ike from Fire Emblem. Favorite Lord in the series most down to earth and his development in PoR is awesome and he really comes into his own in RD as a leader and powerful enough to take down gods/goddesses.

2. Ryu from Street Fighter. Always fighting to get stronger goes through alot of challenges to do so in fighting off the temptation of the Satsui no Hado and as powerful as he is still loses from time to time to his rivals. Always cool to see him get to the next level of power (aka Power of Nothingness).

3. Samus from Metroid. Badass bounty hunter with a tragic childhood past. Always liked the lore both surrounding and about her character especially her time with the Chozo and interactions with Adam.

4. John 117 from Halo. If you read the Halo books you find out quite a bit about his character and it was a joy seeing into his thoughts and development in Fall of Reach. Plus you see a more human side to him in Halo 4.

I'm sure I'll think of more later on as always.

Edited by LordTaco42

Favorite Game Characters, When this inevitably transitions to least favorite characters, I won't make any friends

1. Crash Bandicoot, he was my favorite character as a kid, and still holds a place in my heart today

2. Lyn,Yes I'm that predictable.

3. Tiki,Waifu named

4. Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell

Thought of two more.

4. Cole from DA:I. He was so sweet, and wonderful. I don't care what anyone says, he's a person to me.

5. Clementine from The Walking Dead. Thinking of everything that happened in that game still makes me sad. I actually wish that they would have kept Clementine an NPC though. That way you could have better seen how Lee affected her, but what's done is done.

Edited by Honey Bunny

My favourite Video game character is Jill Fizzart from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

She is already pretty amazing if only because of how important she is in order to humanize the Daein people. And I think she is a lot more effective at it then most other characters of her kind.

The thing with Jill is that she isn't actually special in any way. She is just your average racist Daein asshole. She didn't change her outlook because she was better then her countrymen but because of an unique opportunity that her other countrymen never got, that allowed her to see the Laguz from an entirely different perspective. Most Daein people would never given the chance to see something that challenges their world view like this, Jill just got lucky. As a result, she beautifully illustrates the potential for good of the Daein people as a whole.

But her character goes a few steps further then others of her kind. Like, for someone like Zuko from Avatar, turning his back on his father is obviously the best decision he could make, so he didn't really leave anything valuable behind. Jill on the other hand loves her father and gets along just fine with her comrades and the people of Talrega. In order to do the good thing, she had to sacrifice everything she had and betray those she loved. She shows what us all the suffering one has to go through in order to do the right thing, so we can see that we ourselves may not have the strength of character to make the same sacrifices... and consequently we learn that we can't automatically condemn people just because they don't jump at the opportunity join up with us, the obvious good guys.

Edited by BrightBow

1. Ike from Fire Emblem. Favorite Lord in the series most down to earth and his development in PoR is awesome and he really comes into his own in RD as a leader and powerful enough to take down gods/goddesses.

Taco couldn't describe many of my reasons for loving Ike better! Although in addition, I think he has a badass look in RD and is sexy as hell. <3 He has to share the top spot on my list with a certain green plumber, though.

That's right, Luigi! He was the first character I grew fond of in a video game and I played as him in everything he was playable in. As a result, I grew up with him and saw his evolution to what he is today throughout the years. I played as him when he was still just a palette swap of Mario and I play as him now when he's his own full fledged character. :3 He is just so entertaining to me and he never stops making me laugh when he appears in a game. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is his most amusing adventure yet, imo.

Ezlo is my favorite Zelda character, because he's funny as all heck and I love his backstory. He knows that he's indirectly responsible for the troubles in Hyrule, yet despite that he's stuck in a hat form, he goes on a quest to stop Vaati anyway and joins forces with Link. He took full responsibility for everything that happened, and despite that he treats Link like a little kid on occasion, he has guts. His departure at the end of the game was so sad too. I nearly cried. :(

There are many other characters I really like, such as Frederick and Kieran for FE and Daisy for Mario, but I don't want to write an essay-length post, so I'll just end it here. :P

Fave game characters? Heee.

Magus from Chrono Trigger is probably my favorite game character ever. Hes just bomb and i lurves hims. All spoopy and bamf.

I really love Alucard from Castlevania. Hes just the best thing. Super hot vampire lord of GONNA END YOU.

Dunban from Xenoblade Chronicles is just probably the coolest RPG character in more recent years. Hes such a bamf, even with only the use of one arm. He also has a very interesting character arc. You first meet him in the prologue for the game and hes a big hothead. Then he learns he must cool his jets or hes gonna get boned and not in the fun way. Dude is all perseverance incarnate. plus hes hot.

Elly from Xenogears is awesome. The plot treats her like shit sometimes though. But shes actually really complex and emotional. Fights between her intuition and what she believes she's supposed to do.

I love Rose from Legend of Dragoon. Shes a badass who had to shoulder the entire world of hers all by herself.

Florina from FE7 is shy and stuff. But she also wants to stand on her own two feet and learns how to do this without sacrificing her identity. That she can be shy, but the battlefield and her friends depend on her.

Soren from Tellius games is just awesome. Little brooder who has a huge story to tell. Hes intelligent, but flawed. Oh so flawed.

Linebeck-He was so funny in the cutscenes and seeing him help Link by holding Bellum off despite his cowardice even further improved my opinion of him. His godly theme is amazing too, the best of any of Link's companions. When the game came out another show called The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack came out too. That show had a similar character called Captain Knuckles, he was self centered and cowardly like Linebeck, but still cared for Flapjack. If it weren't for that show I may have overlooked Linebeck. This is the type of character I like to see.

Ninten-No real reason other than I played Mother first. I really like Mother.

N-I like how he cares about the way Pokemon are treated by humans. At the time I was thinking similar things so I could actually relate to him.

Wolt-I don't know why I like him.

Link and Zelda (Spirit Tracks)-The only real duo in the series. Best OTP and ship in the series. Zelda is the only companion who isn't useless.

Edited by Rabbattack