lol

I don't even play FF, but I don't have access to the newer ones? Should I play the older games from before their betrayal of Nintendo?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

2. 2. Which is better?

• FF10
    • FE10
  3. 3. Which is better?

4. 4. Which one is better?

5. 5. Which one is better?

Physical all the way. PC games I mostly get through Steam though.

Songs boy I'm gonna make a list because there are so many I like

1. The Devoted from FE RD

2. Eternal Bond from FE PoR/RD

3. Song of Time from OOT

4. Bloody Tears from Castlevania

5. Id Purpose from FE Awakening

6. Dragon Roost Island from WW

7. Halo 2 Mjolnir Theme

8. Street Fighter IV Second Intro theme

9. Street Fighter Ken's theme

10. Street Fighter Ryu's theme

11. Megaman 2 Dr. Wily's Castle Stage 1

12. Skyward Sword Goddess Theme

13. Metroid Prime's Phendora Drifts

14. Chrono Trigger Theme

And I could go on and on.

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favorite Video Game song

Melancholy of Elder Shroob, the final boss theme of Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. Not only is it an awesome song, but it's packed with craptons of symbolism and really lets you this is the end friend.

Close second is Legend of the Divine Dragon from multiple FE games.

Physical copies, since they both A. look nicer, and B. have resell value.

Also, I can show of my glorified bootlegs English copies of FE 3 and 6 I got off Ebay.

Edited by MCProductions

TWW's Dragon Roost Island... There's another popular thing that I never understood the appeal of. I mean, it's an okay track to me, not bad at all, but not anything amazing. Imo, the best track in TWW is Sage Laruto. Guess that's another unpopular opinion. :P

TWW's Dragon Roost Island... There's another popular thing that I never understood the appeal of. I mean, it's an okay track to me, not bad at all, but not anything amazing. Imo, the best track in TWW is Sage Laruto. Guess that's another unpopular opinion. :P

My favorite WW theme was the sailing theme so :P:

Unfortunately, I hated that one... I just got so tired of hearing it though, for the most part. xP

Oh, there is another track from TWW that I love though, besides Sage Laruto. Molgera Battle, yo. This was in Brawl too, hell yes!

[spoiler=Epic mixtape]-Final Battle Against Malladus

-Spirit Tracks Main Theme/Overworld

-Linebecks Theme

-Shieks Theme

-Ballad of the Windfish

-Wind God's Aria/Earth God's Lyric

-Smiles and Tears

-8 Melodies

-Pollyanna

-Mother 3 Love Theme

-Join Us/Fellow People

-Together We Ride

-Comrades

-Uprising in Agustria

-Battle Against Champion Cynthia

-Battle Against Red

-Theme of Sakura

-Plantation/Cave Story Title Theme

Chrono Trigger Theme

A pretty generic list, but I can't help it.

I prefer physical copies because I want to collect, even if I don't get many games.

Edited by Rabbattack

What do you all think of the DS games? I liked Order of Ecclessia the best although I think all three were great.

I don't think I've played them.

My sister owns OoE and I meant to get it from her but never did.

Only ones I played were Lament of Innocence*, Symphony of the Night**, Circle of the Moon***, Harmony of Dissonance*, and Aria of Sorrow****, in that approximate order.

* = I own the original disc/cartridge form of it, at this moment.

** = It's downloaded on PSN.

*** = I used to own the cartridge when I was much younger but I lost it. I finally got to play more of it when I downloaded it on emulator in 2014.

**** = I played it only on emulator.

I technically prefer physical copies when it's just one or the other but digital has a lot of convenience that I am very happy for.

I have too many favorite video game songs to list.

Physical copies, hands down.

As for songs (oh god there's so many), time for along list of songs I love in general:

- Hyrule Field (Twilight Princess)

- Sacred Duet/Malladus Final Boss

- Ballad of the Goddess

- Professor Layton's Theme

- Iris (Music Box Version)

- A Maiden's Illusionary Funeral ~ Necro-Fantasy

- Last Remote

- The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field)

- The Serpent That Devours the Horizon / Serpent Devouring the Horizon

- That Person's Name Is / He of the Name

- Gourmet Race (Specifically Kirby's Epic Yarn is my favorite version but the others are great too)

- C-R-O-W-N-E-D

- 02 Battle

- Id ~ Purpose

- Map A4

yeah they were better than the originals they put in. Big Blue F-Zero GX was unrecognizable at all for me. For the original mute city, I can definitely distinguish the melody in the later half but the rest no so much but they weren't bad just not as memorable.

I still love the original names though.

Mute City = Endless Challenge

Big Blue = Decide in the Eyes

I prefer physical copies but I don't mind getting a digital if needed.

Favorite video game song is "Don't speak her name!" from FE:Awakening. At leats right now it will change sonner or later.

Edited by Yari

Physical copies. Property should not be dependent on some online service that will eventually shut down sooner or later.

Favorite video game song is "A Hero's Destiny" from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon.

The song is basically the pre-NewMystery era of Fire Emblem in a nutshell. And I absolutely love how it integrates a triumphal variation of the FE1 map theme as a conclusion to the song. The effect is incredible.

Edited by BrightBow

Physical copies. Property should not be dependent on some online service that will eventually shut down sooner or later.

I see this argument a bunch, but it tends to overlook that physical copies seldom last forever, either. The liability of maintaining the copy falls squarely on the owner, and should that copy become lost or broken, the "owner" owns nothing anymore.

These are all downsides that digital merchandise mitigates. It minimizes the need to ever re-buy, as all purchases are tied to your records, as opposed to a tiny piece of plastic.

I see this argument a bunch, but it tends to overlook that physical copies seldom last forever, either. The liability of maintaining the copy falls squarely on the owner, and should that copy become lost or broken, the "owner" owns nothing anymore.

Sure, but I would rather maintain my property myself instead of leaving it's fate to a company that stopped caring the moment they received my money.

Physical copies, for reasons stated by Brightbow.

As for music? Oh gosh. This is going to take a while. Better spoil it for length.

(In no particular order)

1. Lust SIN II (Blazblue: Chronophantasma): That violin intro... then the crazy synth build-up to the main part of the song, before going into the original Lust SIN (which was already pretty good). I swear this shows Jin's development as a character up to that point: a (slightly) less-jerkish, grimly determined swordsman who is willing to embrace his destiny as a hero.

2. Prelude (Halo): Short and sweet. Gives me goosebumps everytime. Even if you haven't played Halo, you've heard this.

3. One Final Effort (Halo 3): A faster-paced, more determined arrangement of the main theme that fits the sequence perfectly: trying to escape the new Halo (and by extensions, The Ark) while battling through hordes of flood.

4. Mute City (Brawl remix) (F-Zero): The buildup is great, and the steady piano throughout that underlies all that electric guitar brings a slightly otherworldly and serene mood to an already awesome song for fighting at 2000KPH.

5. Fire Emblem: Main Theme (every Fire Emblem game): Whenever this plays, you know you are about to partake/just did in something epic. Every version of this is good, be it the original 8-bit theme from Dark Dragon, the Smash Bros. arrangement with all those cheesy Latin lyrics, Radiant Dawn's triumphant, almost orchestral-sounding take on it, or the reprise at the end of Id: Purpose.

6. Monster Hunter: Title Theme (every game): Tell me that you aren't pumped up for an epic hunt after listening to this.

7. Monster Hunter: To One with Life (Monster Hunter Tri/3G): The main theme of the 3rd generation games on Nintendo consoles, and the first time a games' title theme wasn't, well, the Title Theme. Starts out with a violin buildup before going into a nice, almost epic sounding melody, before becoming much more serene and tranquil; this song feels like it was dedicated to the beauty of nature. Just beautiful.

8. Monster Hunter: Zinogre's Theme (Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/3G): The battle theme of my favorite monster. Favorite version is the 10th anniversary one: has a very savage, tribal sound to it, while still keeping the hint of electric guitar (the only mainline song in the series to use it) throughout.

9. Guilty Gear: Magnolia Eclair (Guilty Gear Xrd): Ky's new theme. While some complained about how each character got a new theme that replaced their old ones, Ky's not a common target. Not only does it reflect how he's become more mature and determined since the start of the series, but it just sounds freaking awesome. Only problem is that it's a bit repetitive.

10. Metroid: Phendrana Drifts (Metroid Prime): Serene, atmospheric music for the polar region of Talos, containing the ruins of the Chozos that once inhabited there. I can't give it enough praise.

I prefer physical copies, for collection value.

Favorite song? Oh boy.

- Eternal Bond (Radiant Dawn)

- Stalking Menace (Radiant Dawn)

- Unstoppable Destiny (Radiant Dawn)

- Zelgius the Brave (Radiant Dawn)

- Skrimir's Pride (Radiant Dawn)

- March of the Lion King (Radiant Dawn)

- Lion King Caineghis (Path of Radiance)

- With Us (Path of Radiance)

- Comrades (Sacred Stones)

- The Prince's Despair (Sacred Stones)

- Conquest (Ablaze) [Awakening]

- Destiny (Ablaze) [Awakening]

- Id ~ Purpose (Awakening)

- Together We Ride (My favorite version is the Project M Roy one, but I like CSGuitar89's and DjtheSdotcom's too.)

- Magnus's Theme (Kid Icarus Uprising)

- Boss Battle 2 (Kid Icarus Uprising)

- Battle! Champion Lance / Red (Pokemon HGSS)

- Battle! Champion Cynthia (Pokemon DPP)

- Battle! N Final (Pokemon BW)

- Battle! Zinnia (Pokemon ORAS)

- Mechanical Rhythm (Xenoblade Chronicles)

- You Will Know Our Names (Xenoblade Chronicles)

- Unfinished Battle (Xenoblade Chronicles)

- Ryu Stage (Smash Bros. Remix)

- Meeting Series Medley (Smash Bros. Remix)

- Gerudo Valley (Smash Bros. Remix)

- Gerudo Valley (Zelda - Ocarina of Time)

- Song of Storms (Zelda - Ocarina of Time)

- Molgera Battle (Zelda - Wind Waker)

- Lorule Field Theme (Zelda - A Link Between Worlds)

- Main Theme (Zelda - Four Swords Anniversary is my favorite version.)

Almost the entire RD music collection. As you can see, I don't really have a "favorite" song, heh.

I play Bemani games, which are dedicated to music. Don't make me choose!

For example. . .

(I'd put this in spoilers, but YouTube videos in spoilers don't load for me)

I dunno if the Hotline Miami songs count since they're technically real songs by real artists, but:

NARC and Slum Lord from Hotline Miami 2
A few from the MMZ games, like Silver Wolf: Yggr-drasill
A Thousand Leagues Below from Shovel Knight

The Final Battle and Dark Messenger from FF9

Birth of a God and One Winged Angel from FF7

EDIT: One Who Gets in Our Way, Engage the Enemy, and Time to Fight! All from Xenoblade Chronicles

MORE EDIT: Sinister Shadows, and Struggle Away from Kingdom Hearts

Accidentally closed the tab while filling this out a few times, so that was a lot of fun. But I like these all a lot, so give 'em a listen if you can.

Oh, and on poll, I prefer physical. It feels really nice to look at how many I have on a shelf and you don't have to worry about losing the game on the system you downloaded them on.

Edited by Draco

I don't really have a preference, but I tend to buy digital more than physical. Mostly because I just can't be bothered to actually go out and buy games much these days.

I've been buying digital a lot more recently, but I prefer physical.

It's hard to pick my favourite video game song, but I think Castlevania definitely has the best soundtrack of any game series. It's hard to choose.

I was out of town for the last gaming question, but my favourite game series are Metroid, Batman Arkham, Zelda, Ico and Castlevania. I love a ton of others, but I think these are my mains, each of these series have an installment in my top 5 games ever.

My favorite series besides Fire Emblem are

Smash Brothers

Ogre Battle

Final Fantasy

Sonic

Shin Megami Tensei

Castlevania

Megaman X

and various others.

Also for unpopular opinion I think Legend of Dragoon is an overlooked classic PS1 RPG with a very unique battle system.

MINE BROTHER, JEDI!!! COME HITHER! LET US CELEBRATE THE MAJESTY OF LEGEND OF DRAGOON HENCEFORTH! And it needs a remake badly.

What do you all think of the DS games? I liked Order of Ecclessia the best although I think all three were great.

Dude, the DS games were decent. I liked OoE the best out of the lot. Dawn of Sorrow was ok but not amazing. Portrait of Ruin was somewhere middle of the road.

I technically prefer physical copies when it's just one or the other but digital has a lot of convenience that I am very happy for.

I have too many favorite video game songs to list.

My opinion of the last two questions in a nutshell.