General US Politics

Ansem

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sanders keeps losing, hilary is trying really hard to lose the black vote and trump wants to fuck his daughter. but to be fair i'd also like to fuck trump's daughter so i see where he is coming from.

I was so sure that link was going to be about the CP time "joke". I hadn't realized there was an earlier gaffe.

Presidential-Election-2016-With-Game-Of-

I love/hate how this is more accurate a summary of the candidates than anything you'll hear in the mainstream media.

Eh, Trump is more like the Dothraki. Violent, no respect for the rights of women, etc. Joffrey is just too young.

• 2 weeks later...

mega bump

trump's tweets are so funny "Wow, Lyin' Ted Cruz really went wacko today. Made all sorts of crazy charges. Can't function under pressure - not very presidential. Sad!"

"not very presidential" killed me omg. Also Indiana went to Trump and its looking like an upset so far for Clinton. But we'll see since its still early.

Also news outlets suck, they are all like "Cruz explodes on Trump!" but he just said shit like Trump is a liar which we've heard so many times.

Sanders got Indiana, not sure how much this helps tho. If he could get bag California then he might get this. Those superdelegates on Clinton's side are kinda scary.

Yeah I see. Also it doesnt help that delegates are not winner take all. Sanders winning more states a big if and even if he does, Clinton trails him around 40% and delegates are not winner take all. So she still gets some too.

So as an Australian with minimal understanding of American politics who's been lurking for awhile, could anyone give me a rundown on Sanders' chances of winning? It seems to me like between the differences in support (Hillary beats him in every demographic other than young voters if I remember correctly) and number of superdelegates, it looks like he has no chance at this point barring the email indictment.

So as an Australian with minimal understanding of American politics who's been lurking for awhile, could anyone give me a rundown on Sanders' chances of winning? It seems to me like between the differences in support (Hillary beats him in every demographic other than young voters if I remember correctly) and number of superdelegates, it looks like he has no chance at this point barring the email indictment.

That's an accurate assessment, yes.

That's pretty much the gist of it.

But when you have that much support it's kind of hard to just bow out all of a sudden.

That's an accurate assessment, yes.

Dang.

At the very least, Hillary vs. Trump will be funny as hell to watch, although I imagine that's little comfort for you guys.

Dang.

At the very least, Hillary vs. Trump will be funny as hell to watch, although I imagine that's little comfort for you guys.

Yeah, it will be amusing, as long as the resulting train wreck doesn't pollute your shores. I, for one, won't be happy about it, and will vote third party if that happens.

If you don't mind listening to certain American bellyache about the race, feel free to come here, and bring some fries, 'cause there'll be a lot of salt to go around. :P:

Yeah, it will be amusing, as long as the resulting train wreck doesn't pollute your shores. I, for one, won't be happy about it, and will vote third party if that happens.

If you don't mind listening to certain American bellyache about the race, feel free to come here, and bring some fries, 'cause there'll be a lot of salt to go around. :P:

Well I have to care a little bit. As Neel Kolhatkar once said, if America is the jerk jock, Australia is the dumb best friend that tells him to fuck everyone up :D:

epic memes friend

america has been a two horse race for years and if the america people actually cared over their majority apathy to politics they would have already done something

Edited by Tryhard

epic memes friend

america has been a two horse race for years and if the america people actually cared over their majority apathy to politics they would have already done something

Mhmm. It looks like the current American politcal system is seven different kinds of fucked.

Ah well, not like I can judge American politics considering that with election coming up the party currently in power is doing it's best to devour their own feet. Hey guys, I think that the politics of most countries aren't that good!

Sanders is most likely staying in since he wants to influence the platform of the Democrat party, and he believes he'd have a better chance at doing so if he performs well enough in the primary.

He probably knows his chances of actually winning at this point are pretty slim. If not, he's holding out for news on the looming indictment possibility, or for a meteorite to strike Hillary, which is about as likely as her being indicted. Granted, this election season has been pretty strange, so I could very well be proven wrong.

Edited by General Ciraxis

Sanders is still something of an outsider to the Democratic party, while the GOP is starting to embrace Trump more and more. Plus, we've got a Republican-controlled Congress and Senate; if Sanders somehow did get through despite all that, he wouldn't be able to do much of anything (whatever it is exactly that he plans on doing) for at least two years, quite possibly longer.

I think that a large part of that apathy comes from the sheer amount of drama and intolerance on both sides that's grown over the years. When people are busy violently insulting each other over political beliefs, why even get involved or care about it?

Edited by The DanMan

Sanders is still something of an outsider to the Democratic party, while the GOP is starting to embrace Trump more and more. Plus, we've got a Republican-controlled Congress and Senate; if Sanders somehow did get through despite all that, he wouldn't be able to do much of anything (whatever it is exactly that he plans on doing) for at least two years, quite possibly longer.

So is Trump going to suffer from gridlock? Even if the GOP are embracing him somewhat, I've been led to believe the GOP despised him and wanted nothing to do with him. Hell, I was under the impression that the only reason Cruz stayed in so long was because even if Trump is leading in the polls, that they'd nominate him anyway because they don't like Trump.

So is Trump going to suffer from gridlock? Even if the GOP are embracing him somewhat, I've been led to believe the GOP despised him and wanted nothing to do with him. Hell, I was under the impression that the only reason Cruz stayed in so long was because even if Trump is leading in the polls, that they'd nominate him anyway because they don't like Trump.

The GOP is still split on him, yes; however, several party leaders have come out and said he's their best shot. Considering Kasich (whose pretty much a nobody in the face of everything else) is the only guy left, it would take a miracle for Trump to not be the Republican nominee.

Edited by The DanMan

The GOP is still split on him, yes; however, several party leaders have come out and said he's their best shot. Considering Kasich (whose pretty much a nobody in the face of everything else) is the only guy left, it would take a miracle for Trump to not be the Republican nominee.

Whelp, looks like it'll be worst-case scenario then.