General US Politics

Ansem

Trump called 9/11 7-Eleven... twice. I'm surprised that this doesn't bother all the gung-ho "anti-terrorism" people who love him.

I doubt they noticed.

Now I want a Big Gulp and hot dog.

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump called 9/11 7-Eleven... twice. I'm surprised that this doesn't bother all the gung-ho "anti-terrorism" people who love him.

Eh, he flubbed in the middle of an improv speech.

Trump "flubbed" the name of the most significant act of terrorism ever committed against America, but sure, it's Sanders who doesn't have a good head on his shoulders.

Yes, and in a moment of distraction it could've been an actual mistake on a name. Heck, he could've been thinking of September (Which stands for Seventh Month, as it used to be on the roman calendar before January and February got added), made a wrong word association and let out a seven instead of a nine. This is not a policy we are talking about, and this is not a rally that completely crashed and burned.

i refuse to believe he made that error twice unintentionally. im sure he knew that he'll get coverage on it, and hes the type of person that feeds off negative attention.

Edited by Sparks

Yeah, if his campaign could be derailed by something like that he wouldn't be the frontrunner.

Heck, he could've been thinking of September (Which stands for Seventh Month, as it used to be on the roman calendar before January and February got added),

That sounds perfectly reasonable. I regularly slip into Latin by accident, and say "Oh my Jupiter!" when excited.

Who you would consider to be the best candidate is subjective. At this point though, it's really shaping up to be Hillary Vs. Trump. I think the only way Sanders could be the democratic nominee is if Hillary gets indicted, which is unlikely.

To sum it up, the biggest problem with Trump is his complete lack of legislative experience, and people ultimately don't know what to expect with a Trump presidency. There's also a lot of people who feel his rhetoric is unbecoming for a Presidential candidate.

Who's the best canidate right now and what's wrong with Donald Trump? Sorry for the dumb questions, haven't been paying much attention to this.

everyone sucks

sanders keeps losing, hilary is trying really hard to lose the black vote and trump wants to fuck his daughter. but to be fair i'd also like to fuck trump's daughter so i see where he is coming from.

but serious answer please don't ever ask anyone to form an opinion for you. you've been graced with the ability to form rational thoughts on your own, so maybe you ought to do some readings to catch up rather than ask everyone in here who has a blatant bias towards one candidate over another.

also kek i have not seen any hilary supporters post in this thread. wut happened

Who's the best canidate right now and what's wrong with Donald Trump? Sorry for the dumb questions, haven't been paying much attention to this.

The best candidate for you depends on what issues you consider most important, though I’ll present one pragmatic argument (somewhat common in polisci circles, at least) especially relevant to income inequality and money in politics.

The president doesn't actually have that much power, especially if congress obstructs. However, the constitution does specifically mandate some duties. And so, the democratic candidate (almost certainly Clinton) if elected will nominate a liberal justice. A democratic majority Senate in our dreams will confirm (even a right-leaning Senate has to confirm a nominee eventually right? Right guys? plz). This is how, practically speaking, to get excessive money out of politics by overturning Citizens United, and advance other progressive agendas.

Losing the supreme court is not worth a “moral” vote for 3rd party/write-in/abstain/etc. That’s if you live in a swing state, if elsewhere it realistically doesn’t matter, as sad as that is. Vote 3rd party as a protest or whatever (though none of the minor parties are even that good imo).

Anyways, this is why the “electability” point is so prominent. Many are convinced Clinton has the strongest chance in the general election, of those who would nominate a left-leaning justice. (note general election polls at this time generally have poor predictive value).

I think past posts itt cover many of the common points wrt to Trump, though yeah read from both sides and decide for yourself.

Personally, I’m at the stage where I often can’t tell if he’s trolling or not. But considering it’s translating into a lot of (primary) votes...well eh. I’m vaguely curious what the general is going to look like but pretty much in the trainwreck sense.

...hilary is trying really hard to lose the black vote ...

Considering this was in Jan and Clinton has demolished Sanders in the African-American vote everywhere even since, I don’t think that’s the right narrative here, even in a joking sense. Besides, stuff like this probably doesn’t move the needle when people compare her to Republicans in the general.

btw all of you who actually think Trump will win could stand to make a good bit of money. Though you really should have bet before New York. >_>

Also I skimmed the topic, but as a side note, that one of the most socially conservative candidates (just try to get an abortion in Ohio) is somehow considered the moderate option says a lot about the electorate.

Edited by XeKr

also kek i have not seen any hilary supporters post in this thread. wut happened

I suppose I'd fall under Hillary supporters, but I don't really have any interest in debating Bernie supporters because I think he's a fine candidate too.

Between this, Bill Clinton and BLM, the email scandal, and the accusations of rigged elections, Hillary should be flopping by now. But she's still going pretty strong. I don't know if she's just that strong a candidate compared to Sanders, or if the media's just not showcasing the dems enough.

Between this, Bill Clinton and BLM, the email scandal, and the accusations of rigged elections, Hillary should be flopping by now. But she's still going pretty strong. I don't know if she's just that strong a candidate compared to Sanders, or if the media's just not showcasing the dems enough.

To be fair, they've already made the Trump circus; I don't see the general media shifting focus to Clinton more when Trump already rakes in the clicks and is an even more obvious target.