QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a reviser

my first drafts are just terribly casual, grammatically irresponsible attempts to get my thoughts down

and they usually start with the words "buckle up, bitches," so that is definitely not submittable

It depends. Maybe right now, I'd say... a second revision would be better? First draft would be to gather all my ideas and research and then after I can revise and edit and all that good stuff.

i am not sure you understand how to write

I know how to write. It's just that I choose to use a computer rather than pen and paper in most instances (especially given the fact that my handwriting can be hard to read at times).

EDIT:

Y'know it's just hit me that I may have interpreted the question incorrectly...

In that case, I do revise it if needed.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

First draft best draft, but I do spend some time thinking about what I should write next - I don't go on writing whatever comes on my head.

I'm too lazy to make revisions even if they'd make my work better. Too much effort.

I revise tons, I also have other people look over my work and notice things I don't. Even if I write fairly often I tend to miss the smallest things or make things sound awkward.

Edited by Jedi

I would like to say that I'm a reviser but if shit gets busy I just do the first draft and don't bother to revise it. Not because I think it's my best work but because I have a shit ton of other stuff to do.

I'm a reviser

my first drafts are just terribly casual, grammatically irresponsible attempts to get my thoughts down

and they usually start with the words "buckle up, bitches," so that is definitely not submittable

I would give that extra points tbh

Mostly edit as I go with one really thorough proofread at the end. I have a really bad tendency to leave a sentence unfinished because I'm struck by another thought and forget to . I don't think I've let it slip into any actual assessments though. The worst example though was this one time in the 9th grade where I submitted an essay which literally had PLACEHOLDER written in like, four different parts because I'd meant to do more research.

I did not do well in that class.

I used to revise almost everything in an essay, I have less time now and I tend to write an essay with the professionalism of a final draft. I'll make some slight grammar and sentence changes, but most of the time I'm happy

Mostly edit as I go with one really thorough proofread at the end.

i do this for assignments.

i'm more of a revisionist when it comes to things that matter (application essays)

i used to be first draft, but recently i've started to outline my papers first and fill in the bones, works much better

QUESTION SIX HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-SEVEN: Do you get the itch for spring cleaning? Does it actually correlate to the onset of spring at all?

One draft only, ain't got time to write papers

only code matters

haha i wish

my job is 30% coding and 70% writing about my code and the code of the rest of the people in my lab

not particularly

I clean bits at a time over the course of a year

(or when I am instructed to clean \o/)

Edited by Freohr Datia

I don't like cleaning

haha i wish

my job is 30% coding and 70% writing about my code and the code of the rest of the people in my lab

rip i would prolly die

Edited by Thor Odinson