QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's getting cold and i'm getting sad

me too thanks

QUESTION SEVEN HUNDRED AND THIRTY-SIX: Do or did you do webcomics?

I used to sort of...I loved looking at the StupidFox comics because they're adorable. I also tried reading homestuck, though I didn't make much progress with that

euklyd probably already mentioned it but paranatural is very good i heavily recommend it

[spoiler=sneak peek]654cdc6214.png

I didn't plug it very heavily because I knew you'd do that for me ヽ( ᐛ )ノ

i read one

QUESTION SEVEN HUNDRED AND THIRTY-SEVEN: Do you consider yourself a helpful person?

in general, like, do you actively look for ways to make other peoples' lives easier? is it just your friends, or does it pass to your acquaintances? strangers?

No, I'm probably the most self centered person that I know and don't hate.

Edited by Refa

It all depends on whether anxiety takes over or not

Whenever I'm not busy being afraid of any form of interaction with strangers or people who aren't strangers but I still feel a bit unfamiliar with, I will try to be helpful \o/

Naturally it doesn't always work out... but I do try

>"do you actively look for ways to make other peoples' lives easier?"
Manual labor? Kind of. I do all the chores around my house and sometimes other stuff but I don't usually go out of my way to do stuff and don't often do more than I'm told or expected to do.

If you mean something else by 'looking for ways to make people's lives easier' then yeah, I try to be a better person when someone hates me or something. Whether I do it well is up to whoever.

I can be helpful fairly often. But I'm somewhat mercurial. I often give beggars like a buck or two, but sometimes I refuse to give em anything...I'm just weird. Also, I have to admit that sometimes I agree to do something for someone and then forget :( I'm also usually more helpful when something is requested of me - I don't always like to try and be proactively helpful...if I think I'll just get underfoot and make things tougher, I won't even offer to help (like I won't always offer to help clean up in a crowded kitchen in someone else's house, because I know that sometimes it's easier to clean up on my own instead of trying to manage someone else who doesn't know where everything goes, etc).

QUESTION SEVEN HUNDRED AND THIRTY-SEVEN: Do you consider yourself a helpful person?

in general, like, do you actively look for ways to make other peoples' lives easier? is it just your friends, or does it pass to your acquaintances? strangers?

I don't generally try or look for way to make people's lives better. In fact i tend not to even for my friends. Unless I am asked I probably will not help (depends on the scenario). Although if i can help someone real quick without going too far out of my own way (like holding a door for someone that is carrying a shitton of things) I'll do it.

i'm willing to help in most situations, but rarely do i take the initiative for strangers. i'm not going to assume someone wants my help. if they ask, i'll do some simple task.

with friends, i ask and if they say yes, i do it.

I don't know if I am but I try to be. My friends come to me often for advice and I'd go out of my way for my friends even when I knew there might be a negative consequence for me (such as being late for a class because my friend needed medicine). I would try to help someone even if they were just an aquaintence unless it takes time away from me helping an actual friend of mine. The reason why I say I'm not sure if I'm really helpful is because I don't have much confidence in my advice and I'm worried about giving bad advice. Or it might just be the result of my last ex twisting anything I say to try to him when he needed help.

Hopefully, I guess.

I like to take an initiative when helping and offer aid as soon as I suspect they could use some, and don't mind taking detours (going out of my way like with the 'late to class as a result' example) in the name of assistance. Sometimes things aren't feasible though, so I'd find someone capable to help them instead, which in its own reactive way is still helping. Pleasing other people is the best thing, imo.