QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Tolkien Elvish though. There's a proper name for it. Don't remember it.

there are several

Sindarin is the common one tho (in the 3rd age)

if I had to choose a language based on like, liking the language, it'd be one of those

Edited by Euklyd

Khuzdul (the Dwarvish language in Tolkien).

I would say Quenya, maybe Sindarin, but technically I could still learn those after becoming fluent in Khuzdul. However, if I chose to become fluent in Quenya or Sindarin, I wouldn't be able to learn Khuzdul later, since the Dwarves keep their language a secret to all outsiders.

Alternative in case this answer would be considered cheating: Quenya.

cool stuff y'all but the correct answer was klingon

QUESTION SIX HUNDRED AND TWENTY THREE: How do you commute? Comment on it!

if you drive: what kind of car do you drive? if you publicly transportate: how clean is the public transportation? if you walk: how far and on what kind of shoes? tell all~

future sight isn't perfect lads

I cannot drive! Public transport is great in the ACT but there aren't enough buses. I like steel-capped boots but need new, more casual, lighter-duty shoes tbh.

It depends on where I have to go.

If it takes less than 10 minutes to walk to, then I'll walk.

If it takes less than an hour to cycle to, then I'll cycle.

For longer distances I usually take the train, possibly with a combination of bus.

I don't have a driver's license, so no driving for me!

Traveling between my hometown and my place of residence in the city where I go to university means a two-hour train ride. How clean the train is depends on the train company. Veolia trains have a much cleaner outlook than NS trains. In my hometown, I walk between train station and home (about 10 minutes walking distance); in the city where I go to university, I cycle from the train station to my place of residence and vice versa - only when that's not an option, I take the bus.

For traveling between said place of residence and uni, I cycle, which takes about 20 minutes.

There isn't exactly much public transport around where I live, or around where I lived~

I usually get rides by others. If it's something real close I can walk, but there isn't much close to here either ^o^ Once upon a time specta and u and i walked about a mile for an ice cream shop which turned out to be closed in the end and we had to walk all the way back. But mile walks (well, two miles total), that's perfectly fine by me. If I wanted I could take longer. I haven't been able to test how much longer I'd be fine with though... 5 miles might be my limit.

Aaaaaaaand.... I usually wear comfy sandals for walks unless it's colder, then comfy boots (not always that common~) or tennis shoes. Man though I used to own a pair of tennis shoes (that my dad's girlfriend let me have) that turned out to actually murder my ankles after a hike (hey that was also with u too). I could hardly walk in them afterward. So for a while I didn't exactly want to walk in tennis shoes anymore >u> I have better ones now though.

Edited by Freohr Datia

Car. In 2012 and 2013 I used to take a bus and a subway, between my university and the place where i lived back then. After i got my car I never looked back lol

Edited by Nobody

I drive my car, a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I usually drive from home to my classes. Drivers and pedestrians in Jacksonville suck. The pedestrians just love to walk in the middle of the street and just absolutley love to ride their bikes in the middle of the road, far away from the bike lane/sidewalk. The drivers, UGH. What a sorry bunch of scrubs. They make turns without putting on their signal(I've seen a few police dudes do this, without their sirens sounding), they make illegal lane changes, they drive like senseless, backwards, slacked jawed, inbred idiots. I only have my permit and I drive better than 99% of my city! Oh, it's even worse when it rains!

Also, it takes me about 20-30 minutes to get to and from class.

a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse

i literally hate you

actually srs question do you also find that mitsubishi eclipse drivers suck? is it just an ohio thing?

i have no interest in driving

walk for ~20 minutes, train (as in aboveground subway) for ~7 minutes (moderately clean unless people drop liquids, kinda packed of people), walk for ~5 more minutes

when i come back home, the train is less packed, and i usually wait a little and take a bus instead of walking for 20 minutes again

i take around 45 minutes to get to work, and 30 or so to get back home

y'all are weak bitches except for the above like five people

mine is get the lead out

QUESTION SIX HUNDRED AND TWENTY TWO: If you could be fluent in a fictional language, what would it be?

and why would it be klingon?

High Valyrian is swag.

R'lyehian.

Yee. Nice.

cool stuff y'all but the correct answer was klingon

QUESTION SIX HUNDRED AND TWENTY THREE: How do you commute? Comment on it!

if you drive: what kind of car do you drive? if you publicly transportate: how clean is the public transportation? if you walk: how far and on what kind of shoes? tell all~

I have a Jeep Cherokee thats about 30 years old. Its my trusty steed. We are like two road warriors on the Fury Road, riding shiny and chrome.

The only time i use buses is when staying in San Francisco. Muni does well enough.

don't drive yet

for the college I just finished at, would cycle ~20 minutes or bus ~30 minutes if I was lazy

the buses are clean and my bike is green

walked the distance like three times it sucked with a heavy backpack full of books; if I walk (or do anything else, generally) I wear tennis shoes

in the fall, I'll be living in the campus apartments, so it'll be like a five minute walk to wherever

i literally hate you

actually srs question do you also find that mitsubishi eclipse drivers suck? is it just an ohio thing?

Bruh, cant be as bad as Subaru drivers/owners in California. My gods. Just...why~

*wrryys in the night*

In NYC, subway/trains (more like trains because underground I suppose) and walking on whatever shoes I had.

In LA, buses and walking as necessary on whatever shoes I have.

The trains were always dirty, smelly, crowded and just annoying in NYC. The buses can be a LITTLE better in LA but not always.

Edited by Espeon