QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if it counts as coding but I've fiddled with Earthbound hacking and M.U.G.E.N. and general Action Replay/Gameshark code manipulation and other general ROMhacking before (replaced the protagonist's face sprite in Pokemon TCG with Julius from FE4 stands out the most mostly because of how random yet awesome it is).

Although I don't think that exactly constitutes "coding".

HTML, PHP, CSS, XML, XSL and Bash iirc. It was all school-related work but I ended up pursuing something different after all, so I haven't done any coding in my free time and probably couldn't remember much of the little I learnt.

Oh right, there was some SQL in there as well.

Edited by Topazd

C++, Python, a little C, Javascript, R, bash... oh and I LOVED ASM class in school.

Any language other than C++, was learned on the student programmer job or in spare time.

My full time job is mostly in C/C++.

What else.... I don't remember what interpretive language it was...

And then there's ROM and RAM hacking. The custom events and animation languages for those specific tool sets for GBA fire emblem games.... and making codes... like the "MU x MU S support code" for Awakening.

Coding does have some hilarious screwups though:

Edited by shadowofchaos

javascript, java, php, css, html, python, bash, c, c++, c#, prolog, sql, very little ruby

some more than others

my...... font colour? \o/

bbcode op Edited by Tryhard

I've worked with Javascript in the Unity engine before, but I'm no good at scripting. Simple changes here and there to already existing scripts in RPG Maker, but that's about it.

I'm learning though!

C++ and python were both instrumental for my dissertation. I still play around with python a lot for pet projects because I don't need to compile it. I've also dabbled in a lot of scripting and markup language but those shouldn't count.