QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

trust me, you ain't alone. i was a grown-ass adult and made myself get it this year, despite my fear !!!

QUESTION SEVEN HUNDRED AND SIX: Do you ski?

question courtesy floki

Loki in the streets, Skaði on the slopes!

Well, at least thats how it was for a while in the 90s. Tbh, it has been a number of years since i got on skis. And i was going to go this year but we didnt get any snow, and Dodge Ridge (the resort pretty close by) was only open for like two weeks. This drought is murder. Hopefully, El Nino will hit and snow will come (maybe) and i can actually try to do it again.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should clarify that it's cross country skiing which I've been subject to for much of my youth and find repulsive, and the manner of skiing most people here seem to associate the word with is something I can see myself trying out at some point in the future.

Edited by Topazd

probably the worst thing to do but keep it all in til it's too much and have the occasional breakdown ha

A Priest actually told me an interesting analogy of this.

He said stress is a part of life, and it's just like breathing.

Holding in your stress is like holding you breath, it's not good for you in the long term. So you should probably regulate it in and out.

Funnily enough, I do this too ha. Sleeping as well helps me cope with stress.

Edited by ~Summer~

probably the worst thing to do but keep it all in til it's too much and have the occasional breakdown ha

Pretty much this.

Like, weekly.

But I know the signs, so I can kinda control my breakdowns now. When one comes, I just talk to some friends, write down some thoughts, play some FE, and then after a few hours, I'm all good to go again.

If my anxiety levels aren't too bad, then I kinda just listen to some music or sleep it off, drink some tea~

If they're up, well... I kinda isolate myself and sleep that off

i dont really get stressed

im not sure why, everyone else seems to

when you are a kirby that sleeps all the time you probably don't have to worry about getting that stressed~!

I just deal with the source of stress, no "hey I'm stressed" discussion necessary.

Communicating stress with friends really isn't helpful imo, and I feel it only serves to bother them if they actually do care about you, so I'd rather not put them through that.