QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently, I stress a lot, but its not like anyone is ever aware that I do, until they notice the grey strands I have, for better or worse (assuming thats what causes it, which I'm mixed on). Regardless of what it is (which varies) my mind's always on something, and the only thing that prevents that is my need for music. Then there's the gym (or Nanything phsical, really, such as dancing) as well, but I'd say its more secondary.

There was a time I had to deal with so much stress daily that I didn't even have the energy to undertake things to reduce it.

But I deal with stress by doing things I really enjoy doing, regularly taking 5-10 minutes to take a break and doing nothing but having a drink or something, and things that are easy to do that make me feel good about myself. Things like cooking a nice meal, jogging for half an hour, etc.

I've come to realize just how important taking five and doing fuck all is over the last year.

v e R y p O o r L y

yep I came here to post this exact thing

really though, the way I understand it stress is just your CPU overheating. kill some unnecessary processes or shut it down for a couple of hours.

more like the question was inspired by my version of the question ^o^

I think it really varies... Trust is a huge thing with people. If they manage to find out about the white lie, they won't care if you were trying to do something to protect them they want to always know the truth. Meanwhile, other people appreciate being protected and wouldn't mind so much if they found out somebody gave them a white lie. So I guess it could be hit or miss.

But if not taking that into consideration... sometimes not knowing information can harm somebody else too when you wouldn't think it would. It may be better off letting them know what you think would hurt them and giving them the opportunity to deal with the situation themselves. And you could even help them if it makes them/you feel better about it.