Serenes Arena Cup II (QUINT WINS)

Espinosa

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My team is not. =(

I'll start making it once I see who I'll be fighting.

+I really need to look at more games to see how to build MU there. The more I look at my MU build, the more I think that was horrendous. The only thing Thwompolina would have been was a Crit-machine who was weak to tomebreaker. TT

Truly the ability not to move therefore not to dodge is a clear issue.

That and being absolute dead weight with no possible contributions.

Clearly this tournament has shown us that the most top tier team would consist of five Chroms.

Cordelia is the real top tier character.

Seriously, she did most of the kills in the fight between Jedi and I. :D

Cordelia has more options than Chrom, but cannot really hope to ORKO somebody while at full HP, which Chrom sometimes accomplishes with Aether procs.

It's probably futile to complain about anything Cordelia has done when the Avatar is capable of so much more, though (though we're all too busy running gimmick!MUs to realise that at the present stage of the meta, but it cannot be wrong).

this is completely true, chrom's aether activations have killed 3 of my units so far in my match with zerosaber. one was my own chrom at full health. even if he doesn't proc aether he still has a high chance to proc luna due to rightful king. those 3 skills kill just about everyone if chrom can get a brave attack in.

Cordelia has more options than Chrom, but cannot really hope to ORKO somebody while at full HP, which Chrom sometimes accomplishes with Aether procs.

It's probably futile to complain about anything Cordelia has done when the Avatar is capable of so much more, though (though we're all too busy running gimmick!MUs to realise that at the present stage of the meta, but it cannot be wrong).

Actually, that's pretty much that. Due to all of us running gimmicky MU, we're not doing that much. :D

Chrom has around 30% to proc Aether with rightful king. Else, he has 50% of procing Luna. Add on top of that he can get Bowbreaker, Charisma (it works for all units in the team as long as he's alive, correct?), Res+10, and Hitrate+20 (which could be useful due to his lack of breaker).

I think the best characters there are the versatile ones. Characters like Miriel, for example, are locked into only tomes (don't talk about getting her to bride with -Str modifier), meaning they're very weak to Tomebreaker, and almost any team there has a Gangrel/Henry/MU SorcererKiller.

The Chrom build is pretty much Aether/Luna/Rightful King/Aegis/Hit+20. I guess you could run Res+10 instead of Aegis.

You could run a gimmicky Bowknight with Bowfaire instead of Aegis or something too. Worse stats though, especially defensively.

The overused Chrom build everyone is using has Aether/Luna/Rightful King/Aegis/Hit Rate+20, and it's a little hard to justify the omission of any of it. Doesn't matter if he's Great Lord or Dread Fighter (DF seems a little bit more versatile since anyone with the Wyvern class set can break both of Great Lord's weapon types).

Getting into the 2nd Gen meta will open Pandora's box by providing access to Lucina with higher spd caps as Great Lord, and depend on mother access to Assassin, General, Bride (always), Galeforce...

I've been meaning to do some kids write-ups, but that'll wait until we've done more of the games.

Oh yeah, forgot about Aegis. That makes him then one of the most threatening characters to face, I guess. :D

The overused Chrom build everyone is using has Aether/Luna/Rightful King/Aegis/Hit Rate+20, and it's a little hard to justify the omission of any of it. Doesn't matter if he's Great Lord or Dread Fighter (DF seems a little bit more versatile since anyone with the Wyvern class set can break both of Great Lord's weapon types).

Getting into the 2nd Gen meta will open Pandora's box by providing access to Lucina with higher spd caps as Great Lord, and depend on mother access to Assassin, General, Bride (always), Galeforce...

I've been meaning to do some kids write-ups, but that'll wait until we've done more of the games.

PavGis + Renewal + Rightful King + Aether Sumia!Lucina is probably broken.

Edited by Nintales