SFMafia's Greatest Hits - Day 6

charlie_

Gorf is the player that is closest to being cleared, there is nothing that Weapons did that can top someone shooting scum.

Also the existence of a roleblocker is unlikely, given that Shinori was a roleblocker himself, and Gilgamesh had a Jail and SG.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBM why do you want to lynch Omega because of Elie's claim? who's supposed to be his buddy from your PoV if not Elie? if Elie is scum then his claim literally does not matter when doing set-up spec.

Gilgamesh having a safeguard actually might as well clear YOLO because what else is that supposed to be for. speaking of YOLO he should explain that vote on me, nobody else suspects me but there's no attempt to convince them so what are you even trying to do

Marf, who are you thinking the scumteam is?

It's incredibly difficult to believe BBM isn't scum trying to claw his way out of a loss here because seriously, the set-up has two potential kill sources and one of them is totally immune to investigation, how does a bunch of gimmicky protection unlikely to stop a kill (or incapable of doing so number-wise) make up for this? Nevermind that we have a flipped scum role that outright looks designed to be a 1-shot strongman. Then what pushes him over the edge about wanting to lynch Omega is his other suspect claiming a potential protective role? Why isn't Elie just scum?

Omega's claim fits into the set-up perfectly. You know what doesn't fit into the set-up? A fucking delayed motivator. Or a JoAT who was mysteriously on two early lynches before claiming flavor from a game notorious for a quickhammer, but I digress. (To be fair, the early hammers could easily just be a hated-maker and bad luck, but Elie is still scum regardless.)

I think that the scumteam is Elie/Omega. I realize that Elie's claim doesn't matter if he's scum, but notice that I also thought that there were too many protective roleclaims and flipped roles at the end of last phase. I mentioned Elie's claim to appeal to other people, namely you.

Elie's turnaround on Omega is BS. Let's read a timeline of Elie's posts about Omega and protective role claims:

prior to Doc-claim: Omega is scum

#669: wrt Omega/Marth protective roleclaims- a bunch of small protective role variants makes more sense than one big protective role + a bunch-1 of small protective role variants; Omega could be fakeclaiming

#731: Marth's claim is really weird but it's so weird it's believable

#732: Omega is second-towniest player in the game and Marth is also still townie

this is not a natural progression. I don't know why Omega isn't voting me either; the only explanation for the Prims vote is that he realized he was getting lynched today and decided to troll the game.

what the hell is wrong with a delayed motivator? why is it so unbelievable in this setup? it's a meh role but people in the thread seem to be cycling between calling it useless and calling it OP. the truth is that motivator is a really good role so if it works out then no shit it's OP. But the delay nerfs it so it's not very good anymore. W

Prims why is Omega voting you?

that's more likely just scum!Elie having chronic non-opinions

really Marf makes more sense as mafia than Omega to me right now just because why the hell would there be a mafia safeguard without a doc? Unless SB took set-up design notes from me or something. and I don't even think Marf makes sense as mafia for the record.

also yes the game has two potential kill-sources but the SK is only even-night and I have no idea what you mean by "immune to investigation" when there's an ITP-CHECKER claim

are you forgetting that scum safeguard can make buddies untrackable and unfollowable? It's a better Sneak

what the hell is wrong with a delayed motivator? why is it so unbelievable in this setup? it's a meh role but people in the thread seem to be cycling between calling it useless and calling it OP. the truth is that motivator is a really good role so if it works out then no shit it's OP. But the delay nerfs it so it's not very good anymore.

more accurately, the delay nerfs it so that it's absurd and situational. it's also something you don't have to prove as long as you have the right targets.

what's your flavor anyway?

Prims why is Omega voting you?

I dunno dude he's seemed to have me as a secondary suspect all game.

also yes the game has two potential kill-sources but the SK is only even-night and I have no idea what you mean by "immune to investigation" when there's an ITP-CHECKER claim

are you forgetting that scum safeguard can make buddies untrackable and unfollowable? It's a better Sneak

rather, ITP Checker is our only investigation for the SK since the SK is totally immune to the tracker/follower.

fair point on the safeguard but my immediate thought when I'm given a 1-shot safeguard as scum is "cool we have a strongman".

yeah except when I questioned him about dropping you as a scumread after making one good post he was like THAT POST WAS REALLY GOOD and he's spent the last two days calling me scum over you.

my flavour is Rapier encouraging SB to not give up and avenge the rest of their scumteam in C9++ after SB had already been lynched.

omega has spent the entire game jumping on people who jumped on him. First me of course, but yesterday he threatened GORF in #687 about being scum because gorf thought he was more likely to be scum than me.

even if he thinks the scumteam is you and me, which let's be serious doesn't make any sense for multiple reasons, there's no reason for voting you rather than me.

my flavour is Rapier encouraging SB to not give up and avenge the rest of their scumteam in C9++ after SB had already been lynched.

lmao

given what you said about the safeguard I... GUESS I can maybe see a set-up without a doc if you take J's role as a super bodyguard capable of stopping an excess kill? but even then I think Omega's flavor is too good for SB to pass up as a town role and I don't think it's nearly as likely as just you/Elie. is there a reason you'd rather lynch YOLO today than Elie?

actually it was Gorf who said that your one post was really good, but the fact is that other than asking you why you voted Gaius over me, he hasn't pushed you since ED3.

I considered the possibility of Omega/you briefly because your role is kind of scummy but that's probably just me overthinking it.

I'm basically just typing this post so that if dead people yell at town in postgame for completely overlooking you I can say that I at least thought about it.

I'm not scum

Town not having a full time doc of any kind implies that towns protection lies with 4? gimmick roles (me, marth, Dan and J, of which J is still gonna die by being potentially doubleshot). Omega!Doc just makes sense even if he's hated.

If he isn't hated doc then that essentially verifies hated maker, otherwise its still in the air

Omega ain't scum I'm so positive of it. Snike!ITP checker cant function as scum unless it's scum rolecop or something (scum itp checker would he so bad). Also going back I can't quote on my phone but didn't Prims claim that he gained a role each time scum died? 2 scum died and he now claims to have no additional role. Prims please

Marth I really don't know but BBM is just throwing every idea out there to get me lynched and imo it's super scummy because he's dead set on calling both me and Omega scum even though we are both protection claims and that means he is trying to convince everyone that town has J, Dan and Prims as their only NK protection which is so so bad

##Vote BBM

Too distracted today with moving furniture forgot that

If I die and BBM isnt scum I'll be super surprised

Also going back I can't quote on my phone but didn't Prims claim that he gained a role each time scum died? 2 scum died and he now claims to have no additional role. Prims please

I become lynchproof for a day each time we lynch non-town. This doesn't work in *YLO.

it only works on lynch so I wouldn't have gotten anything from Gilgamesh's death, mind you. It just didn't matter because we lynched Shinori D2.

I'm not throwing out every idea to get you lynched. If I was I wouldn't have said that you being on both the early lynch wagons wasn't a definitive reason for you being scum. The fact that you went from pushing Omega over play and too many protective role claims to being so positive he isn't scum is what's making me suspect you.

Elie, who do you think is my buddy? You don't think Omega is scum and you don't think Snike is scum. Do you even have a case on Prims?

even if Omega IS town, there still has to be some sort of hatedmaker or anonymous mayor in the game or something, as proved by two early lynches. So there's no reason for Omega being town based on Gaius' flip (which mentioned Mayor, hated, and loved).