SFMafia's Greatest Hits - Day 6

SB.

Ok. First off, Hammerer automatically moves my vote to any wagon at L-1 while not accounting for any other roles affecting votes. This ability deactivates in lylo situations. I don't really see a way to avoid claiming if I'm won of the leading wagons. My night action is a Follow. Mancer Idled Night 1, Hannah Idled Night 2, and I got J-rodded Night 3. Also, I have not been notified of any motivation, so I'm assuming it's going to be triggered tonight.

Rolespec reasons I think I'm town: I'm the only investigative role that has a chance of catching mafia other than eclipse, and my role is supported of being town by gilgamesh's flip. He has both tracker and follower as part of his JOAT abilities. Also, one of the reasons I was worried of a Hannah lynch until near the end of the phase is I was paranoid of her idling being indicative of town, considering there were only two mafiosos left after Gorf shot Gilgamesh.

Content reasons I think I'm town: My play was getting pretty universally town read until D3 where I started playing more spammy and less content, but the cases on me are mainly because of one vote I made that has both town and scum intentions, with neither overshadowing the other. I mean, I understand that nobody in here is super scummy, but it seems like a quick turnaround for some people.

@Marth: I don't think who pushed Gil on D2 is really super indicative of alignment rather than what interactions Gil had with people. He was literally the easiest possible bus, and while some went over the possibility of bus (gorf), that wagon isn't really too important imo.

Prims point about Gilgamesh not knowing that zero sabers had even replaced is pretty telling to me. I'll iust go with him on the meta read for how Marth claims, since I've only played two or three games with him.

BBM what do you think about my slot other than asking for my role? I don't think that's scummy because there's like 2 people left unclaimed when you asked this, but would you loch me over Elie or no?

Also, why the fuck is BBM calling me a mayor a scum slip? Like, he's not paying attention? How is that even remotely alignment telling?

Elie you weren't really ignoring me, you had a strong townread on me D2, pointing out how I handled Dandragon and my J case, and pretty much nothing about me D3. Also, isn't Gilgamesh new? You say "they aren't mafia noobs", but I'm pretty sure it was Gil's first game.

Gahhhh idfk who to vote. Weapons had good interactions with Gil... But that Snike vote was super awful. It called out BBM on something worthless for scumhunting, and he had other reasons to vote BBM, but chose this instead. Seems bad to me. Also looking at Snike's ISO, we have, 3 posts over 6 days that all say basically nothing. He says Hi, then ha Sasha to hammer hannah, then he says he's busy. Over 6 days. Then he sheeps Prims on glorious host meta, and makes a terribad BBM vote. Like ??? Not really auto town. Also MISREP ALERT. Mayor has been brought up multiple times when me and Elie were discussing what the hell happened to that hannah lynch. This is where I'm assuming BBM messed up.

Looking at it I don't know why people are writing Snike off as town because of Weapons interactions with Gilgamesh, and not doing the same to me when we arguably have equal level of town cred from those interactions.

##Vote: Snike

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eli and Prims should probably fullclaim anyway but the spec struggle is real gais.

@Prims: Omega being the only doc in the setup feels iffy as I mentioned earlier since we have many other roles that are anti-kill like stump/rogue/bpv/ynchproof. Motivated doc seems really off. I have no idea how flavourspec is going to work here and I haven't really taken flavour into account. The doc claim is one of the easiest things to fake at this stage given the targets mentioned especially, and noting how he's pushing bbm immediately after claiming without really saying anything else about anyone in the game is WTF.

The gaius case is more PoE because I found him scummier than Eli but like WTF is this game I guess I'll need to read Eli again since I haven't actually read any of your ISOs since D3 and I mean I guess the follow thing is easier to fake but like... I'm tearing my hair out now because no one feels like obv scum ugh.

Yes much of what I'm saying right now is from memory and what I've been seeing D4

I'm sorry but keeping up has been pretty hard since I subbed in and I don't think it'll be getting better anytime soon unfortunately.

@Snike

a) I haven't been playing the entire game; I subbed in halfway through D2.

b) I'm not the first person to refer to Gaius as a mayor.

c) this is the first time I'm mentioning Gaius's rolename directly so it's not like I suddenly did something out of the ordinary.

d) why would Gaius call his role Mayor among his buddies but not in the thread? It's not like Mayor is a scummy role.

e) Successfully motivating the Doc would require either luck on my part, or the Doc to survive for several night phases after they claimed.

f) Doc and other strong roles being motivated is like... why motivator is a good role, and why it was nerfed to be delayed.

@Gorf- I don't think anyone was suggesting he was a mayor/doublevoter AND a hammerer. Anonymous mayor (used before on this site) and hammerer are essentially the same role though, so I was just using them interchangeably in my head.

Also, you can tell me who to target but I'm not really sure what difference it would make? You don't have a night action, Marth doesn't have a night action, Snike doesn't have a useful night action, I don't think Prims and Gaius have night actions, and Omega has one but he's not going to survive long enough to confirm. That leaves maybe Elie, whom I could target but I don't think he's town anymore (coming up next post).

A)Ok, point there, but that's still a decent length of time. My point about Mayor Still stands in that it hasn't been spoken about before Today (Day 4).

B) This is not true. Go search Mayor on this thread.

C) Given it's been said as hammerer and explicitly stated to you as such, referring to it as Mayor is strange.

D) It's scummy in this situation when we had the mysterious hannah lynch. It's also scummy when not disclosed.

e) Yes, it's a slim chance, but it's still incredibly powerful late. And the risks of motivating the mafia/wolf don't seem to be there, from what we see so far.

f)Yes, but even still given our limited information you would think it was nerfed enough. With the +2 it's a useless ability on n1 and n2, and on N3+ it's potentially useless to use, so having a motivated doctor seems out of place even still.

@Gaius: I subbed in because SB asked me to. I wasn't about to make this game a priority. I've already addressed the BBM stuff, and while mayor(doublevoter - elie did mention this title) was brought up, it was only brought up after BBM had been directly told that you were hammerer, by yourself nonetheless.

But even ignoring all this, let's go to your vote

By voting me you're saying that Weapons is scum, and that:

1)He's third party cop/role cop who scanned Shinori N1

2) He thought outing the wolf immediately in a 15 p setup, where the mafia's 3 players (I'm assuming based on numbers), instead of letting him loose and reducing the town population a little more, was a good idea.

3) He thought that this was such a good idea, that he'd risk getting lynched in order to shut this wolf down.

4) He thought that getting buddied by gilga with a collaborating voyeur report was a good idea.

Is that reasonable?

I subbed in because SB asked me to. I wasn't about to make this game a priority. I've already addressed the BBM stuff, and while mayor(doublevoter - elie did mention this title) was brought up, it was only brought up after BBM had been directly told that you were hammerer, by yourself nonetheless.

But even ignoring all this, let's go to your vote

By voting me you're saying that Weapons is scum, and that:

1)He's third party cop/role cop who scanned Shinori N1

2) He thought outing the wolf immediately in a 15 p setup, where the mafia's 3 players (I'm assuming based on numbers), instead of letting him loose and reducing the town population a little more, was a good idea.

3) He thought that this was such a good idea, that he'd risk getting lynched in order to shut this wolf down.

4) He thought that getting buddied by gilga with a collaborating voyeur report was a good idea.

Is that reasonable?

1) Completely reasonable.

2) The wolf is just a big a threat to mafia as it is to town. A late game wolf can often have protection from the mafia if they don't handle it accordingly. I've known scum teams that want to get rid of the ITP ASAP.

3) In reverse, you can gain towncred for getting rid of a third party if your play compliments it.

4) Gilgamesh messed up his Voyeur fake claim anyway? This is the most valid point you have.

I still can see it.

1) Completely reasonable.

2) The wolf is just a big a threat to mafia as it is to town. A late game wolf can often have protection from the mafia if they don't handle it accordingly. I've known scum teams that want to get rid of the ITP ASAP.

3) In reverse, you can gain towncred for getting rid of a third party if your play compliments it.

4) Gilgamesh messed up his Voyeur fake claim anyway? This is the most valid point you have.

I still can see it.

2) Yes but if you have 3 people, the town has 9, and there's a wolf, if the wolf dies before it has a chance to impact the game (the mafia would know that the wolf/3rd hadn't since they called the night kill, that would leave the setup at 8/3, which puts them in a bad spot, as opposed to leaving the sk alone for a day to whittle down the numbers before using them as a an ML. TLDR is it makes the game easier for town, which isn't what the mafia's objective is supposed to be.

3) If you can pull it off, otherwise you just lost a mafia member d2 AND gave the wolf town-cred. It's an incredibly huge risk, which isn't really worth it at that point in time.

@BBM does Omega's Doc role not make sense as a potential actual role given the game's two faction kills and no claimed kill stopping aside from a the rogue flip and conditional bpv claim?

Also can you elaborate on your PoE case of me being scum, and my potential buddy? I can't quite put it into words but it sounds to me like you agree with my thoughts on Gaius but I guess you think I'm hardbussing him since I admittedly lazily wrote him off as town for the middle half of the game and am now finding him to actually be scummy.

Also @ Snike and others I do remember being hassled in Toonami postgame for including Hamtaro as a limitted Multidoc and I can see the logic for it existing as being a pretty hardcore element of just downright mean play to have potentially happen in a game (but this is getting into crazy rolespec)

I'll be mobile locked for the remainder of the phase but out for the next 5ish hours but still checking out the game

(2) BBM: Omega, Snike

(2) Gaius: Elieson, Gorf

(1) Elieson: BBM

(1) Snike: Gaius

(2) Not Voting: Prims, Bluedoom

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. There are roughly 18 hours and 31 minutes left in the phase.

uhhh what

my kneejerk reaction to gaius claiming follower and going for SNIKE of all people is that he's scum trying to fuck with us on a role paranoia level. gaius, why were you totally OK with the hannah lynch d2 if you had a no visit on her? did you suspect she was mafia with no action?

BBM's post kinda sucks if he thought there was 5 hours to deadline. He's like "please don't lynch me" but he doesn't try to rally people up to vote Elie or anything, which is weird since I was at least interesting in that direction at the time.

I don't think Doc is a mod-given fake. Conditional BPV, Stump and Rogue can't protect other players, and you guys overestimate how likely it is for Rogue or Marth's BPV to even block a kill. BBM, what changed your mind on the rolespec?

go prims hes our man if he cant do it nobody can

i am also seriously perturbed by the fact that there is a thought roaming that yolos doc could be fake cuz of stump rogue and bpv. stump is el oh el, rogue is a crapshoot, and that conditional bpv is also a crapshoot. doc being essentially the only solid protect makes sense.

##Vote: Gaius

Reading BBM and Gaius didn't really turn up anything of note for me, but Gaius' claim is extremely jarring. It's all easily available information if he's scum and the timing / vote seem to capitalize on confusion. Why doesn't town!Gaius keep it to himself and use the double follow tonight? It's just totally unnecessary to bring up.

Gaius > BBM > Elie > other people. BBM's most recent post is bad; the Omega turn-around seems super convenient like he just needed a second suspicion if he couldn't justify scumreading Gaius.

like seriously Gaius if you're town what was going through your head when you made that post? it looks like you claimed follower for the sake of defending yourself when both town and scum didn't need to know your role info at that point

it also looks like you looked into Snike and nobody else when you didn't know when to vote so yeah what

I also think Snike is being a total lamer by making his focus today a scumslip case nobody seems to agree with. Thoughts on Gaius and Elie? Do you have reasons for suspecting BBM other than him saying Gaius is a mayor?