Super Mario Maker

kingddd

I knew this game would have a lot of compatible Amiibo, but wow. :P

Also, I kinda hope a future update to the game will allow us to use the Amiibo powerups in level styles other than original 8-bit. I mean, the 8-bit still looks fun, but imagine the different sprites in SMW style and then the 3D models possible in modern Mario. lol

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Bowser Jr. will finally be able to beat up his dad. I'm kind of disappointed that the amiibo's don't give real power ups, it would have been fun to have the mega buster, Sonic's spin dash, or other things like that a la Super Mario Bros. Crossover. It would be difficult to come up with a power for 70 characters, yes, but give at least some of them something, that'd be cool.

Their very existence is a cool and unique feature. The fact that they play the same is even better, since any character can beat any level.

But you could make levels out of certain character's specific abilities, which would be much more interesting.

But you could make levels out of certain character's specific abilities, which would be much more interesting.

If that's what you want, you'll enjoy Bangai-O Spirits more since you can build levels that require specific weapons.

So Bowser Jr. will finally be able to beat up his dad. I'm kind of disappointed that the amiibo's don't give real power ups, it would have been fun to have the mega buster, Sonic's spin dash, or other things like that a la Super Mario Bros. Crossover. It would be difficult to come up with a power for 70 characters, yes, but give at least some of them something, that'd be cool.

Yeah, smooshing enemies with, say, Ragnell's shockwave attack when using Ike would be such a blast. ^^

some more amiibo characters leaked.

Rosalina

euPa3IT.jpg

Toon Link

TieQE8R.jpg

Pacman

FsJGifj.jpg

PacMan (and probably Sonic) looks weird being 16-bit in an 8-bit area.Oh well.That can't be helped.

It's cool how Rosalina still has her Luma.It looks adorable.

PacMan (and probably Sonic) looks weird being 16-bit in an 8-bit area.Oh well.That can't be helped.

It's cool how Rosalina still has her Luma.It looks adorable.

Wait that one on the bottom is Pac Man? He looks um different...

Wait that one on the bottom is Pac Man? He looks um different...

That sprite's from a PacMan game were you can control his entire life.I don't know what it's called but it's hilarious.

That sprite's from a PacMan game were you can control his entire life.I don't know what it's called but it's hilarious.

The game you're thinking of is Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures, but the sprite is actually based on Pac-Land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoXGhOAe1g4

Edited by Jave

Man, all the FE Amiibo costumes have been shown so far except Ike... (not counting Roy) :( Reddit has a whole list of the shown costumes so far and Ike isn't on it...

I like that Metroid stage in the first bit, a nice homage to Mother Brain's chamber. Love those Pokemon sprites too. It'd be interesting to see stages done with the design philosophy of the amiibo character chosen, like a Metroid stage that requires backtracking and exploring, or a puzzle-filled Zelda stage.

I'm worried that the Amiibo will be nothing more than a Small Mario transformation, in the sense that they can't use a Super Mushroom without turning back into Mario or something.

Man, Ike's not in that leak either! D:

I was glad to see Luigi, Toon Link, Rosalina, and Robin in these leaks, but Ike is still missing! I'll see him eventually though, I can be patient right now. :)

Well according to the video, the amiibos ARE like the Super mushrooms but instead of having Mario getting bigger, he transforms into another character.

Edited by Nym

Even the King of Koopas himself looks like he is just a huge grunt with a simple pattern and I doubt putting him into his flying clown car will suddenly turn him into the final boss of Super Mario World.

Put Bowser Jr. into the clown car and he'll chuck shells at you like Bowser does in SMW.

kingddd, there are a couple more things to add to your feature list -

- Unique mechanics for each style (Kuribo's Shoe in SMB3, throwing items up in SMW, triple jump in NSMBU)

- No desert, ice, jungle, mountain, or sky levels. (There is some kind of ice block though.)

Edited by Zera