The overview trailer is out. September 11th, 2015 release date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9W_y8IlNro

Features include:

- building your own levels, building and setting up your own courses

- record and create custom SFX for 3 seconds

- Over 50 amiibo compatibility for your own powerups and characters

- 6 course themes

- 4 different Mario Themes from the original, mario 3, mario world and mario U

- Some feature will be locked for a set period of time. About 9 days. To unlock each feature, you must play around with Mario Maker for about 5 mins each

- 10 to 100 Mario challenges

- Share levels online

- Play sample courses

- 60 prebuilt levels to play around with

Amiibo Compatibility

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/games/detail/i7YeZxnWhEFX6ST-sLdUBGmLoZivzNP5

Anyone ready to create their own kaizo mario? I can't wait to see what creativity people will be making for something that people have been asking for a long time. A convenient way of making Mario levels.

Edited by kingddd

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been looking forward to this, we should like create an SF course.

Also has it been confirmed that you can only send out a stage if you can actually beat it? Kinda key.

Been looking forward to this, we should like create an SF course.

Also has it been confirmed that you can only send out a stage if you can actually beat it? Kinda key.

yep at 4:30 in the trailer. You must have beaten the level at least once. If you modify it in anyway, you have to beat it again to make it publishable again. I like that.

The game really does look both versatile and easy to use. It seems like they really did a good job with it. Of course, it's one thing if a game has a level editor but if the level editor is the game, then it really should be a good editor.

What still concerns me are bosses. I have yet to see anything that looks like a proper boss. Even the King of Koopas himself looks like he is just a huge grunt with a simple pattern and I doubt putting him into his flying clown car will suddenly turn him into the final boss of Super Mario World.

Edited by BrightBow

yep at 4:30 in the trailer. You must have beaten the level at least once. If you modify it in anyway, you have to beat it again to make it publishable again. I like that.

Well, that's kinda mandatory. If a level isn't actually possible to beat, why should it be sent out? xP

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this too! I don't like that NoA is releasing this on the anniversary of one of the worst disasters in US history, but I'm sure they've no intention of spitting on 9/11, and this game looks really fun anyway. Can't wait to play levels with my Ike and Luigi Amiibo. :3

That whole unlocking stuff business over nine days sounds seriously arbitrary and pointless.

I don't like that NoA is releasing this on the anniversary of one of the worst disasters in US history, but I'm sure they've no intention of spitting on 9/11

I know spitting is pretty unpleasant, but I think it's legal on the 9th of November.

That whole unlocking stuff business over nine days sounds seriously arbitrary and pointless.

Y'know, some people actually like unlocking stuff, as opposed to having all the stuff available from the start.

I know spitting is pretty unpleasant, but I think it's legal on the 9th of November.

Ha!

What still concerns me are bosses. I have yet to see anything that looks like a proper boss. Even the King of Koopas himself looks like he is just a huge grunt with a simple pattern and I doubt putting him into his flying clown car will suddenly turn him into the final boss of Super Mario World.

This is a simple level creator. If you want anything more fancy, then go download all three of the Kaizo World hacks.

This is a simple level creator. If you want anything more fancy, then go download all three of the Kaizo World hacks.

"Simple level creators" don't get sold by themselves for the price of a full game. Like, in the Advance Wars map editors, you can't do much more but place units and terrain on the map but you can't do anything complicated like in the actual campaign. But those limitations are okay because the editor is just a small part of the games themselves, games that are so good that they are still be brilliant even without the editor. But if those games contained nothing but the editor... then I would say the series would no longer be worthy of it's price tag.

Seriously, you make it sound like I am asking for something like the extremely powerful but complicated editors from the likes of Warcraft, Starcraft, Age of Empires or of course the Elder Scrolls series. Something like them obviously isn't possible because they are far too complex for a wide audience and the limitations of the Wii U. Not to mention that with unlimited power comes unlimited potential for critical errors.

But if a level editor gets sold, again: "by itself", for the price of a full game, then I would expect at least something as elementary as a freaking boss.

Edit: And while we are at it...

Y'know, some people actually like unlocking stuff, as opposed to having all the stuff available from the start.

And some people like to actually use the things that they paid money for. Man, those crazy people, right? Not to mention that waiting has little to do with traditional ways of unlocking content in video games in the first place.

Edited by BrightBow

Edit: And while we are at it...

And some people like to actually use the things that they paid money for. Man, those crazy people, right? Not to mention that waiting has little to do with traditional ways of unlocking content in video games in the first place.

Most games don't give the player access to all the content straight away though.

If I had a Wii U, I would be ready to go all out with experimenting with the game. Too bad I don't, it does look fun.

...Huh? No one said anything about November 9th.

Most of the world puts the day first, not month.

I have a feeling the custom sound effects are going to get outta hand real fast.

I'd be surprised if there isn't a level that you get Sonic in that doesn't have someone saying "Sanik" in it.

EDIT:The Splatoon amiibos are featured when they show the compatible amiibo.We can Squid-Kid in 8-bit.

Edited by ShadowShine

Most of the world puts the day first, not month.

Oh, right. I always found that weird. When people say a date out loud, it's typically "September 11th, 2015" so naturally, we'd write it in that order too: 9/11/2015. At least in English, that is.

I cannot wait for all the videos to spawn from this bad dog. The hilarity that will ensue!!

Obligatory dick shaped stage to follow... I would laugh my ass off if they made levels like those found in AVGN Adventures. But oh the anger that would ensue.

kingddd, update your feature list to say "Includes 60 pre-made levels"

Also, this looks like the Mario version of Bangai-O Spirits. If you're really interested in this, I recommend you check out that as well (I have a review of it in my profile).

Edited by Zera

I think it looks cool, and I'd love to use my Peach and Zelda amiibo for this, but I don't think I'll be getting it. I really want to try other stages, but I don't have any good ideas for my own.

Oh, right. I always found that weird. When people say a date out loud, it's typically "September 11th, 2015" so naturally, we'd write it in that order too: 9/11/2015. At least in English, that is.

Me too! I always get confused when trying to check dates! There's this Australian ig account I follow, and the dates on her Twitter are always in the other order, so I'm always like "how did she do that in the future" lol. But I'm sure other languages say their dates aloud "Day, Month, Year". I know Italian does!

Some updates pics and videos of nice levels that people have created. Yes autoscrolling is an option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SukO8GhKDZk

Peach Amiibo gameplay

Lanky Mario gives Mario Luigi physics

Qr33fgS.jpg

Some Amiibo Character sprites. Be aware, you can only use amiibo powerups in 8 bit original Super Mario Bros. theme unfortunately.

Although it would have been hilarious to see a Yoshi amiibo power up riding on a Yoshi in the Mario World and U theme games.

Megaman

LWAlFkm.jpg

Silver Mario

uKFNEdF.jpg

Squid Girl

m79HJ7Q.jpg

Edited by kingddd

Autoscrolling option?

Why do I get the feeling some peolple will really abuse this feature to create the evilest levels ever?

Because autoscrollers are the worst type of levels,everyone knows that.

Some updates pics and videos of nice levels that people have created. Yes autoscrolling is an option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SukO8GhKDZk

Peach Amiibo gameplay

Lanky Mario gives Mario Luigi physics

Qr33fgS.jpg

Some Amiibo Character sprites. Be aware, you can only use amiibo powerups in 8 bit original Super Mario Bros. theme unfortunately.

Although it would have been hilarious to see a Yoshi amiibo power up riding on a Yoshi in the Mario World and U theme games.

Megaman

LWAlFkm.jpg

Silver Mario

uKFNEdF.jpg

Squid Girl

m79HJ7Q.jpg

Uh...That last Mario.Couldn't they have done something else to give Mario Luigi physics?It reminds me of the purple man from FANF.