Super Mario Maker

kingddd

some preset SFX. Remember to shake the item to get the other extra items.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVC5FL2ZRf0

Edit:

Majority of the Smash bros Amiibos characters showns off with Sheik, Ike, Shulk, Dark Pit, Palutena, Pit, Zelda, Dedede, Villager, Falcon, Inkling Boy, Squid etc.

vid 1

vid2

Edited by kingddd

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm worried that the Amiibo will be nothing more than a Small Mario transformation, in the sense that they can't use a Super Mushroom without turning back into Mario or something.

If you have a mystery mushroom character, you can get a super mushroom and fire flower, but they have no affect. Starmen, Cloud, Kuribo Shoes and Koopa Clown Car work just fine though.

So how many non-amiibo Mystery Mushroom transformations do we know of right now? (as in, characters that you can transform into with mystery mushrooms that don't have amiibo of them) From what I've seen on GoNintendo, there's Waluigi, Ashley, Tingle, and Slippy.

So how many non-amiibo Mystery Mushroom transformations do we know of right now? (as in, characters that you can transform into with mystery mushrooms that don't have amiibo of them) From what I've seen on GoNintendo, there's Waluigi, Ashley, Tingle, and Slippy.

Tingle?If he doesn't he doesn't do his Tingle-oompa thing,I will be severely disappointed.

One of the level/amiibo showcases I've watched had Digby from AC:NL,but I can't link it because I'm on my tablet.It's from the same guy who did that Ashley video,though.

Donkey Kong Jr., too.

https://twitter.com/ChainBearz/status/634032185436016640

From the early review copies, it seems like you can just fastforward your internal Wii U clock and unlock everything without having to bother waiting for 9 days.

The best method of doing this is to set your Wii U 9 days earlier before putting in the game and then fastforward it to unlock the contents.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805618-super-mario-maker/72344436

Remember you can unlock a random costume if you complete the 100 Mario Challenge.

Edited by kingddd

From the early review copies, it seems like you can just fastforward your internal Wii U clock and unlock everything without having to bother waiting for 9 days.

The best method of doing this is to set your Wii U 9 days earlier before putting in the game and then fastforward it to unlock the contents.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805618-super-mario-maker/72344436

Remember you can unlock a random costume if you complete the 100 Mario Challenge.

Well that simplifies things.

I like how the 100 Mario Challenge uses SMB3 and SMW music for the little map thing.

Anyone know if those metroid sounds I hear in there are part of the game or have they just been recorded?

They're definitely part of the game. So you can have 8-bit Samus play through a Mario recreation of Zebes..... That is all kinds of awesome. I hope there's a mystery mushroom for a Sin & Punishment character; then I can make a bullet hell stage and have it in a suitable context.

Wait. You can't use Capes in anything but SMW? Super Leafs in anything but SMB3? So on so forth?

Yep they've tried to preserve the original mechanics of each era.

The only exceptions I've noticed are that the spin jump from SMW has been brought into NSMBU, which didn't have it on the Wii U. And the ability to run up certain walls in SMW has been removed (as have those walls)

The only exceptions I've noticed are that the spin jump from SMW has been brought into NSMBU, which didn't have it on the Wii U. And the ability to run up certain walls in SMW has been removed (as have those walls)

New Super Mario Bros. Wii had the spin jump however.

Yeah they both did however they function a bit differently compared to one and another. In NSMB, it adds extra air time, different fireball mechanic and revealing things covered by fog etc. Mario World spin jump breaks blocks and prevents you from getting injured by specific spike obstacles.

Edited by kingddd

Yeah they both did however they function a bit differently compared to one and another. In NSMB, it adds extra air time, different fireball mechanic and revealing things covered by fog etc. Mario World spin jump breaks blocks and prevents you from getting injured by specific spike obstacles.

Which was usually needed knowledge for the hard rom hacks of Super Mario World lol.

You can do the spin jump on the Wii U I think.It's the same button you use to fly with the squirrel suit,ZR I think.I've done it a couple times on accident I think.It's been a couple of months.

Edited by ShadowShine

Wait. You can't use Capes in anything but SMW? Super Leafs in anything but SMB3? So on so forth?

Kind of. Basic movements are limited by graphical style, so you can't grab stuff in SMB, you can't kick shells upwards in SMB3, you can only wall jump in NSMBU style. However, there's some crossing over - you can get Goomba Shoes in SMB1 style, even though they were originally SMB3 only. SMW and NSMBU style replaces them with Yoshi though. Enemies are available to all styles too. Mystery Costumes(Amiibo Costumes) are SMB1 only, replacing the flying item of the other styles, and each flying item is also exclusive to their own game style. There's a new spiky helmet and upside down shell (which can be used as a ride) that are usable in all styles too, alongside Koopa Clown Car and Lakitu Clouds.

Edited by NeonZ

You can do the spin jump on the Wii U I think.It's the same button you use to fly with the squirrel suit,ZR I think.I've done it a couple times on accident I think.It's been a couple of months.

You can. I remember.

I thought the entire thing with SMM is that it all controlled physics and whatnot like SMB1, every style, that way they could carry over mechanics from every single game but they'd all run on the same engine.

I'll be honest, being limited to whatever appeared in that particular style brought my hype down pretty far. I'll still get the game, but geeze.

I thought the entire thing with SMM is that it all controlled physics and whatnot like SMB1, every style, that way they could carry over mechanics from every single game but they'd all run on the same engine.

I'll be honest, being limited to whatever appeared in that particular style brought my hype down pretty far. I'll still get the game, but geeze.

You clearly don't understand what the devs were going for. By keeping each game's respective mechanics, Super Mario Maker is actually four level editors in one. Having four unique gameplay styles vastly increases the potential variety. I think your real complaint is that the visuals are locked to the gameplay style you choose.

Personally, I'm more disappointed by the lack of slopes, which have existed in every Mario game since SMB3. I WANT TO SLIDE DOWN THINGS.

https://youtu.be/htFJTiVH5Ao?t=1h52m

(Watching this video, I am reminded of how brilliant SMW's levels were. If only I could play my SNES on my HDTV without lag... :(: )

Edited by Zera

Most mechanics are shared though. The list of exclusive abilities is pretty much what I mentioned in my post above. So, for example, you can have a SMB1 level with doors, backtracking and Bob-ombs, even though that'd be impossible in SMB1 proper. The main exclusives are just the flying items, rides (Yoshi or Shoes) and basic abilities (SMB1 can't carry shells, SMB3 can't kick them upwards, NSMBU can wall jump).

It's just little mechanics differences, it gives the 4 modes a different feel and I don't mind considering my habits of all the Mario styles shown would greatly confuse me if they were all intermixed.