Series you wish were to discontinue

Magical CC

Heroes of Might and Magic. Just stop it, Ubisoft. The more you try, the worse it becomes. The franchise went down hill since 4 and there is no way it gonna fly up again considered how you handle your games. If you just want some more cash, then make dlc for Far Cry or Ass Creed or something. It's not like your young fanbase like this kind of game.

Edited by Magical CC

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assassin's Creed if nothing else.

Just stop it, Ubisoft. The more you try, the worse it becomes.

Because this, basically.

Minions/Despicable Me/etc too. Hate minions so much.

monster hunter

THEY'RE ALL THE SAME, DAMMIT

WHY DO I KEEP BUYING THEM

Minions/Despicable Me/etc too. Hate minions so much.

YES THIS SO MUCH AHGHHH

Skylanders.

I liked the first game, it brought back Spyro whom I loved, the second was meh more of an expansion then an actual game but still decent, the third one was just ugh are we done yet and the fourth was when I stopped.Now we are getting a fifth.Activision I think you milked the series enough now that you can move onto other projects like maybe an actual Spyro game?

Eh, but what the fuck am I saying.I am talking to the people who own CoD.Speaking of which, CoD.Literally the same game every year with very minor additions to the point that you might as well make just one CoD game and just have yearly patches adding the stuff cause lets face it, no one plays CoD solely for Campaign mode.

Edited by Azz01

Lets see.

Flame Shield up

Call of Duty, and it's yearly released 60 dollar map packs

Online heavy games, I play games for the single player experience, and online multiplayer honestly doesn't appeal to me. Heck, the only reason I own Splatoon is the occasional squad match with friends, I don't play it unless they do.

Doesn't CoD qualify as an online heavy game, all well who cares, it's the big one anyway

Skylanders, for the same reasons mentioned above.

As much as I like them, I do with TYPE-MOON would stop milking the Fate/ series and get some work done on their other properties. I'm fine with them commissioning other companies to do stuff (like the anime adaptations by ufotable) but the main studio should start focusing more on other things like the Tsukihime remake and the Mahoyo sequel.

Oh, I have another.

The Bravely series.

Maybe it is just me, but I found Bravely Second tiresome.I played little of it but I played enough to know it was just not as good as Default IMO.I know they have a third planned but I heard it is going to be a different cast and I don't know, I just think the novelty has worn out, well at least for me.

Not so much the series itself but I did find some of Kingdom Hearts spin-offs rather tiring... Don't get me wrong, I love the main games but I just found some of the spin-offs like Re-coded kind of redundant. Still a great series otherwise.

In some ways I kind of want Mario Party to stop at some point or at least go back to the old formula before Mario Party 9 and 10 because I frankly find everyone riding in the same car and moving together, extremely boring.

Edited by carefreejules

I'm tempted to say Sonic. But then again according to the internet I'm a bitter Genesis baby with no respect for true Sonic so what do I know.

Also wouldn't mind if CoD vanished. How the hell did the game and genre reach the popularity its at?

Edited by JDT001

Any game series that decides to release something overly buggy upon release, including, but not limited to: Assassin's Creed, Battlefield, Elder Scrolls, unless they can get their act together.

^Hey the elder scrolls is only buggy because its Bethesda. I mean the modders will fix all the problems in a week so why actually bug test?

CoD, Assassin's Creed, and Mario Party need to die out though. Unless they switch back to the old style for mario party, I'd be ok with another if they do that.

I'm tempted to say Sonic. But then again according to the internet I'm a bitter Genesis baby with no respect for true Sonic so what do I know.

Also wouldn't mind if CoD vanished. How the hell did the game and genre reach the popularity its at?

No, id agree with you. Sonic is done and needs to go to bed for a while.

I think Final Fantasy needs to go to bed for a while too. A reboot in a couple of years would be nice, but just end the pain and that terrible numbering system.

I would also not complain if Mario took a breather.

Can I put out a blanket ban on further reality TV? Like, all of it?

Also, Assassin's Creed. I admit with the first two games they had a concept with a lot of potential, but after their recent announcement that literally the only settings I would care about (Hong Kong and Japan) are never going to happen due to the fact that it would require more than the absolute base minimum effort to adapt them, give it a rest Ubisoft. I know in the last several years videogames have become more of a production line product than before, but holy balls that doesn't mean they have to be soul-crushingly generic just to check them off on an annual report.

CoD and Assassins Creed need some break time.

Also Nintendo needs to stop milking Mario and work on literally every other series, I mean Mario Maker looks promising, but gdi.

Edited by Jedi

"Because it's Bethesda" isn't really a good excuse. Companies should work to get rid of their bad habits.

I was more joking, but I don't think TES needs to stop since they haven't released one since 11/11/11. Also, maybe I'm just lucky but I've never found too many bugs in Skyrim or Oblivion.

I want Pokemon to die. As someone who grew up and loved Pokemon all through Generations 1 to 5, I believe about every aspect of Gen 6 was a step in the wrong direction. As something so beloved from my youth, I'd want to grant it a peaceful death before it turns into a monster.

Fire Emblem :P:

Someone take the Conception series out back and shoot it in the head, please. So Atlus can bring over better things.

Conception...the game which you lay traps and combo the hell out of your enemies who you lured into your castle?