Series you wish were to discontinue

Magical CC

I wouldn't want to just kill a game series, per se, but for games that have their own woven story, some games really don't need a sequel. You can only push continuity so much before you've had enough of it, or, the story would have been completely fine if kept.

I have the same feeling for some games. For example, the World Ends with You is a game that I really enjoyed and loved it to death. But it's also one of those games that I feel does not need a sequel. It ended well for what it was going for and I felt the story should not continue any further than that.

Edited by kingddd

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same feeling for some games. For example, the World Ends with You is a game that I really enjoyed and loved it to death. But it's also one of those games that I feel does not need a sequel. It ended well for what it was going for and I felt the story should not continue any further than that.

Don't worry. TWEWY is not getting a sequel, even though most Kingdom Hearts fans would gobble it up if they knew it was the same developers. Square Enix made that very clear a while ago. I bet if the box has a sticker saying "From the creators of Kingdom Hearts", TWEWY's sales would have doubled. Also, why make a game based entirely around "teamwork" and have the only multiplayer be a pointless minigame? (BTW, Street Smash ripped off Tin-Pin Slammer. FTL)

Well that's good, because that's what most fans wanted. Maybe have a cameo appearance of the original characters, but have a new story with new characters.

I think FE should be discontinued, just to see where the current fanbase migrates to.

I know you are going through a hard time and its why my wording was much gentler than what i would have said to anyone else with the same opinion. Its also why i know you are better than that. Theres loads of reasons why someone would not want Splatoon to continue, but simply "because i dont like it" isnt a good enough one. How would you feel if someone said "Luigi's Mansion should die because i hate it!" You wouldnt like that and you'd find it rather narrow minded, ja? Especially if the person expressing that opinion never played Luigi's Mansion. You know, i think we all would have been a lot less harsh if you'd have actually played Splatoon and drew your opinion from that. (i honestly dont think anyone here does have hard feelings over it btw.)

Honestly, I wouldn't care. Like I said before, you can't please everyone, so of course I know that some people hate Luigi's Mansion or Ike or whatever other favorite game/character I have. If they would love for them to be wiped off the face of gaming because of that, that's their opinion. I just move on with life.

Now, if they just blatantly bashed them, then I'd take issue, but that would be due to their wording, not the fact that they dislike these things. I didn't bash Splatoon in my initial post, I tried to be as civil about my opinion there as possible.

Sonic. Sega... Just stop. I personally think it was doomed from the start, because I didn't find even the original games to be that fun (I did enjoy the Sonic Advance games however).

Also FIFA and PES BECAUSE IT IS THE SAME FUCKING GAME AND THEY MAKE THEM EVERY FUCKING YEAR!!!

I'd like to do some explaining: yes, I have played CoD. I was into it for about six months or so (MW3, if you were wondering). And my post concerning it should definitely have been more fleshed out.

If I must be honest, I was bandwagonning. The reasons I dislike CoD are actual gameplay criticisms (sucky campaigns, general game imbalance, TTK is ridiculously fast rewarding twitch-based reactions over strategic choices and planning, ADS is basically auto-aim). But at the same time, I know there are people who like that.

I would honestly just want them to slow down their releases to avoid oversaturating the market.

Sonic. Sega... Just stop. I personally think it was doomed from the start, because I didn't find even the original games to be that fun (I did enjoy the Sonic Advance games however).

Also FIFA and PES BECAUSE IT IS THE SAME FUCKING GAME AND THEY MAKE THEM EVERY FUCKING YEAR!!!

I dont agree that Sonic was doomed from the start, but it could be because i was there when it started. The first two Sonic games were pretty ingenious and extremely fun. The appeal was real, and seemed more "cool" than something like Mario. They were also kind of challenging. The series was hella promising and we all expected a long, fruitful life for it.

Sonic has had a long life, but fruitful?? Welp. I feel like after like, the forth game, the series began embarrassing itself.

Embarassing itself? Definitely.

I feel like they didn't need to add 1-2 new characters with each installment. It gets tiring. Like, for one, Shadow should've been dead after Sonic Adventure 2.

Embarassing itself? Definitely.

I feel like they didn't need to add 1-2 new characters with each installment. It gets tiring. Like, for one, Shadow should've been dead after Sonic Adventure 2.

I would say the only games that in any way embarrassed the series was 06, Secret Rings, Shadow the Hedgehog, Boom and Sonic Labyrinth.

Shadow was originally planned to stay dead, but his popularity brought him back, much how Zero was originally going to stay dead after Megaman X1, popularity power is a driving force in the game industry.

I dont agree that Sonic was doomed from the start, but it could be because i was there when it started. The first two Sonic games were pretty ingenious and extremely fun. The appeal was real, and seemed more "cool" than something like Mario. They were also kind of challenging. The series was hella promising and we all expected a long, fruitful life for it.

Sonic has had a long life, but fruitful?? Welp. I feel like after like, the forth game, the series began embarrassing itself.

ITrue, it did seem more cool than Mario at the time. I guess it's just a personal thing. Otherwise I completely agree.

I'd like to do some explaining: yes, I have played CoD. I was into it for about six months or so (MW3, if you were wondering). And my post concerning it should definitely have been more fleshed out.

If I must be honest, I was bandwagonning. The reasons I dislike CoD are actual gameplay criticisms (sucky campaigns, general game imbalance, TTK is ridiculously fast rewarding twitch-based reactions over strategic choices and planning, ADS is basically auto-aim). But at the same time, I know there are people who like that.

I would honestly just want them to slow down their releases to avoid oversaturating the market.

Should go back and play Classic through MW1. MW3 is hailed by most non-12 year old fans to be shit (And it is) but the first four (and Black Ops and WaW) have pretty decent campaigns, MW1 especially (yes I do herald MW1 as the best game in the CoD Franchise sue me).

i dont agree only because its good to fight new bad guys and not just eggman.

about shadow, he still might just be a copy. when shadow comes back in heroes with his memory lost, i dont think he ever really gets it back. in shadow the hedgehog he kinda does....but in like every game other than that, he doesnt act like he remembers anything that happened in sa2...usually in stuff like this they eventually get the memory back, but not shadow

/tangent

Honestly, the only series I think should end are controversial ones, and I mean controversial as in sending bad messages or being offensive. Otherwise, I can't fathom wanting a series to end, even if I hate it for non-controversial reasons. Why would I want something I don't care about to end when others enjoy it, and it doesn't effect me at all?