Criminal OC Mafia - Game Thread - N5 ends 14/09/2015

Zkirsche

the problem was in order to use the fabricator or w/e we're gonna call it, is that you needed the sheet to know how to mess with things or else you were shooting blindly

scum didn't even have an info role besides paperblade which i would never use because of the cost of revealing a townie in exchange for their role info is only worth it in the case of the cop and the doc

Edited by SB.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

going on record to say that you might see the potential of a role, but you need to consider how people can actually realize that the role can do that thing

like, heavy non-obvious synergy roles within the mafia might end up being a flop (and possibly disappointing to the host) when the players don't realize that they can work that way

edit: this isn't the first time this has happened on #sfmafia, hell i'm pretty sure i've done it too as a host

Edited by Curly Brace

Pretty much what SB said

I had to mole my way into the sheet before I could mess with results, and by that time, I had to commit myself to those same early game actions for fear of appearing suspicious rather quickly. Redirector don't get to be Town Leaders

It's called Drug Dealer on other sites. I dislike the term fabricator tbh it's too vague and result fabricator is too long.

I'm pretty sure PB figured out the synergy and I don't think it's the host's responsibility if the mafia can't figure out how to use their roles effectively. It's possible to become town leader without moling (see: Refa this game) and ultimately you were able to mole thanks to your role and your fakeclaim so I don't think that was too bad. Elie brought up a good point about the mafia being too centralised around Walter though, I'll avoid that in the future.

I'm not criticising anyone for not figuring out the cool synergy that some of these roles had, I just want you to know that it existed. OC has much more potential for little intricacies like this imo and that's what I find coolest so I made it a point to give players a lot of flexibility in how they used their roles (The motivator was supposed to give Walter that flexibility so he wouldn't be stuck doing one thing).

Edit: I'll do player analysis tomorrow I think.

Edit2: I hope that noone is taking this the wrong way either, I am absolutely appreciating the critique. i just want to explain my thought process a bit more.

Edited by Executive kirsche

I was going to post how absolute bullshit Elie's role claim was (SB can account for me sending him some bitching at different points in the game, which I do in like every game) but I just was so over this game

I was going to post how absolute bullshit Elie's role claim was (SB can account for me sending him some bitching at different points in the game, which I do in like every game) but I just was so over this game

OMG this is what we expected tbh. We were like "Rein's lazy he won't do anything about it" and killed BBM because he probably would.(Well I think Eli knew about the potential MYLO thing anyway, I was slow on that one)

nothing about Elie's claim remotely made any sense and that anyone else believed you baffles me

[9/15/15, 8:00:15 PM] Reinfleche: "yeah i failed my vest like every night and there was already a doctor this role sounds really legit" -elie

[9/15/15, 8:01:27 PM] Reinfleche: post just reads "chances/10"

elie's claims are always stupid and never work because the claim itself is any good

It got me the sheet when i faked giving a vest to refa n0 and then faked it being shot n1 at least

No but you can chalk it up to another thing on the ever-growing list of "things Marth thinks that are wrong"

Edit: Actually your Void mafia claim sucked too

Edited by Reinfleche

You claimed your role exactly how it was I think but your fake win condition claim of "strictly more difficult than the town wincon" was the most blatantly obvious lie ever and nobody called you on it because ????????? voidtown

Edited by Reinfleche

oh yea it was "Survive until Endgame with the cult gone", which was actually "Ejected from the game if alive when the cult dies".

Still not worth the lynch that never happened thouogh

Ok in seriousness me and Refa definitely could have done a better job leading, but I've never heard of a role that fakes night results. We assumed that mafia had a killing role and at least one strongman to make up for the blacksmith+doc combo, which was further helped by us believing Refa got shot on N1. I've never heard of a role that can specifically give night results before, like most of us.The no lynch on D1 hurt us a lot, and I think even a mislynch would have been better in that scenario. Also, N0 cops are super stupid. I literally chose SB on a whim for being more cautious than others who talked to me, and that ruined his entire game. Everyone, especially Independents should get at least one guaranteed day u were info roles won't catch them.

All in all, it was still fun to play an OC game through to the end even if I could have done better, s/o to Marth and Elie who played very well in edition to their roles, thanks Kirsche for hosting.

Edit: Also actually using an info role to catch scum was probably one of the most satisfying things I've ever done in a mafia game.

Edited by Lord Gaius

Everyone, especially Independents should get at least one guaranteed day u were info roles won't catch them.

It's super suspicious to have a Cop scan fail on N0 because town Safeguard/Hooker/Redirect simply would not act.

My abilities:

1. Your action was successful/blocked.
2. You were redirected to <user> (if applicable)
3. <Info/Role result> (if applicable)
4. You received <item> <description of item> (if applicable)

on N0, i couldn't have been expected to use 1-3 effectively (or correctly even), pretty much restricting me to giving out "Items". The Items I could give out can't be something easy to trace, because of the fear of a theoretical item thief, or attempt to trade items. It can't be an item that gets used, since nothing happens if it would even be used. I admit going the X-Shot route would've been logical but still early game my options were limited.

This would be a much better thing IMO.

D1 starts>N0 starts though

Yea, and OC sux
Edited by Elieson