Criminal OC Mafia - Game Thread - N5 ends 14/09/2015

Zkirsche

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going to have a results fabricator you should probably label the game bastard.

I mean when I was spectating the game from Mitsuki's POV, the first thing I thought wrt Elie's role is that it made no sense in a game with a fulldoc, unless the mafia had several shots of strongman. Literally the first thing I thought after that was that the vest was fabricated, but then I saw the broken vest result and concluded that it couldn't be fake. I hadn't thought that such a role could exist, and I think if the game had been labeled bastard then anybody could've at least considered the possibility of something like that happening even if they hadn't seen the role before.

Edited by Vhaltz

Considering I gave fair warning that the results you get at night may be fake and there have been many similar roles out there, I don't think Drug Dealer should be considered bastard. It's not game breaking to consider if the result you got was accurate or not it should be the standard but SF doesn't really use roles like these anymore even though they're so cool. =(

Another thing I forgot to mention about the set up was that Crooked's flavour was supposed to make him more paranoid about the cop and to make Town leaders think "huh why is there two characters from the same series in the game?" but that never happened lol good job for not fooling for flavour traps! (That's why Crooked is denoted as "flavour miller" on the game sheet).

Yeah I guess, Iunno I might just think differently to people. If I think a BPV is fake if it breaks I'd consider the breaking being fake too. I am more suspicious when it comes to night results.

Still don't think it's bastard though.

Edited by Executive kirsche

Town didn't lose because of the fabricator or because Elieson became town leader or whatever. Town lost because people stopped trying, and waited for others to lead them to victory.

I'll definitely pay more attention to roles next time. Good job Elie, I think your general play was outstanding.

I literally chose SB on a whim for being more cautious than others who talked to me, and that ruined his entire game. Everyone, especially Independents should get at least one guaranteed day u were info roles won't catch them.

I'm not 100% sure if you're talking about me not wanting to give up role information but that's exactly what I would've done as town. SFtown is usually way too lax with their role info in OC.

I pretty much played as a townie until I outed myself.

I'm not 100% sure if you're talking about me not wanting to give up role information but that's exactly what I would've done as town. SFtown is usually way too lax with their role info in OC.

I pretty much played as a townie until I outed myself.

No it was your word choices and kind of passiveness. I don't remember asking you for your role?

No it was your word choices and kind of passiveness.

I actually agree with this, your play wasn't like town SB, meta wise speaking. It wasn't exactly scum SB either, but it was closer to scum SB than the town one.

Yeah I guess, Iunno I might just think differently to people. If I think a BPV is fake if it breaks I'd consider the breaking being fake too. I am more suspicious when it comes to night results.Still don't think it's bastard though.

if it was just fake bpvs that would be one thing, but elie's role can do anything and even if the target suspects it might be fake they are still taking a huge risk

Considering I gave fair warning that the results you get at night may be fake and there have been many similar roles out there, I don't think Drug Dealer should be considered bastard. It's not game breaking to consider if the result you got was accurate or not it should be the standard but SF doesn't really use roles like these anymore even though they're so cool. =(

what's bastard or not changes depending on the meta, in typical forum mafia it's not bastard for a cop result to be a false negative or false positive, or for a tracker/watcher/follower/voyeur result to be a false negative, but everything else is questionable

either way don't rely on rolespec to find scum u goofs, fabricators are a thing anyway

E: when I say Fabricator I mean "makes fake items". I know result faker as Illusionist (one word role names are generally better) which means that if a player flips Illusionist in spellcard 2 they're probably an insomniac ninja. I would not consider item fabricator bastard in a community that integrates a lot of EiMM, but what do I know.

Edited by Prims

Whenever I'm not lazy

edit: wait how'd you quote that one, that was like the least salty post you could quote out of anything I've said postgame

Edited by Reinfleche