What's your favorite pokémon?

Yari

Riolu/Lucario for their designs and Lucario's versatility and absurdly badass mega evolution(What's that? You resist fighting-type? Ha, not like that matters, close combat anyway). I also used Lucario back in Brawl.

Steel is also my favorite type.

Steel buddies!

Also I used Lucario a fair bit in Brawl as well.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh heh. ;P

Btw, does anyone have a shiny of their favorites? Doesn't have to be a top favorite, just any favorite. I actually have a shiny Aggron in X that I transferred all the way from Emerald. I caught it there by complete chance!

I have a shiny Rayquaza, I soft-reset many times to get that one back in Sapphire.. and then, years later, they have a shiny Rayquaza distribution..

1st gen: Articuno. When I played on Blue when I was young, it was the only Legendary bird I was able to catch, which made it really special and I also always loved its graceful design. Funny how it's based on a tropical bird, even though its typing is ice

2nd gen: Lugia. The movie probably helped, but again, I like it's design and it's lore and backstory are pretty interesting.

3rd gen: Metagross. This gen has my top 3 pokemon (Metagross, Sceptile and Gardevoir), but since I can only choose one, I have to give it to Metagross, which has been my favorite pokemon since I first saw it in Sapphire. It's design, typing, stats, shiny form and now it's mega, I appreciate them all.

4th gen: Dialga. While my favorite type is steel, dragon has always been a close second, so a pokemon that is both steel and dragon was right up my alley. It's connection to time as well as the Primal Dialga theme from PMD also contribute

5th gen: Volcarona. Not only do I love it's typing and design, but I often felt that beside scizor and heracross, the bug type was pretty poor in powerful pokemon. So when gen 5 introduced a bug type with a unique typing, 2 great signature move and superb stats, I was pretty happy.

6th gen: Tyrantrum. Ever since the first gen where fossils pokemon were introduced, I'd been hoping for a t-rex inspired one. Well X&Y delivered and not only was it pretty well designed, but it was a dragon type.

Oh cool, but that's really tough since I like a lot of pokemon

Gen 1: Articuno, it's just majestic, elegant. Pretty neat. Close second is uh, idk, I'm not a fan of Gen 1.

Gen 2: Suicune, pretty much the same as Articuno. I loved Suicune more due to Pokemon Crystal and being 'The pokemon' of the game. Close second is Houndoom (so badass), Espeon and Lugia.

Gen 3: my favorite Gen, I'd say Gardevoir definately. Favorite type, graceful and strong pokemon despite being wet paper against physical pokemon. Close second is Sceptile and Kyogre.

Gen 4: Not a fan of this one either but Palkia is at the top here. So stronk, the typing is cool and is a special pokemon. There's also Cresselia and Mismagius.

Gen 5: quint didn't play gen V eww.

Gen 6: Yveltal dayum. Close second is Delphox, I always wanted a legit fire psychic pkmn, and there I have it.

Favorite pkmn: bidoof Gardevoir

Edit: Luuuuuuuuuxxxxxx, we have some favorites alike!

Edited by Quintessence

Oh cool, but that's really tough since I like a lot of pokemon

Gen 1: Articuno, it's just majestic, elegant. Pretty neat. Close second is uh, idk, I'm not a fan of Gen 1.

Gen 2: Suicune, pretty much the same as Articuno. I loved Suicune more due to Pokemon Crystal and being 'The pokemon' of the game. Close second is Houndoom (so badass), Espeon and Lugia.

Gen 3: my favorite Gen, I'd say Gardevoir definately. Favorite type, graceful and strong pokemon despite being wet paper against physical pokemon. Close second is Sceptile and Kyogre.

Gen 4: Not a fan of this one either but Palkia is at the top here. So stronk, the typing is cool and is a special pokemon. There's also Cresselia and Mismagius.

Gen 5: quint didn't play gen V eww.

Gen 6: Yveltal dayum. Close second is Delphox, I always wanted a legit fire psychic pkmn, and there I have it.

Favorite pkmn: bidoof Gardevoir

Edit: Luuuuuuuuuxxxxxx, we have some favorites alike!

Seems like it haha

bidoof for best pokemon

You should give the 5th gen games a try if you can. I found them to be some of the most entertaining games to play, especially with the whole sequel business instead of the usual 3rd game. And there's some great designs in there (and some really awful ones though)

I have so many favorites from each gen! I'll type the ones that comes to mind

Gen 1: Ninetales, Clefairy, Lapras, Vapereon, Jolteon, Vulpix, Persian, Arcacanine, Articuno

Gen 2: Ho-Oh, Lugia, Suicune, Chikorita line, Cyndaquil line, Cleffa, Espeon, Larvitar line

Gen 3: Torchic line, Mudkip line, Gardevoir, Aggron, Delcatty, Metagross

Gen 4: Piplup, Shinx, Pachirisu, Buneary, Riolu and Lucario, Leafon, Glaceon, Gallade

Gen 5: Serperior, Oshawott, Liepard, Pansage, Whimsicott, Lilligant, Zorua, Minccino and Cinccino, Deerling and Sawsbuck, Female Frillish, Golurk, Larvesta, Braviary, Reshiram

Gen 6: Greninja, Talonflame (weird name), Floette, Fem. Meowstic, Aurorus, Xerneas

Favorites are based on designs

my favorite is sableye I like it a lot

from each gen

1: a lot. like, I never finished Fire Red because my team had a total of 16 or something. to name a few:

Bulbasaur-Venusaur, Pidgeot, Eevee, Jolteon, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Scyther, Seadra, Pikachu (I also really like Raichu but I have a new appreciation for Pikachu since HM slaves that don't have to completely suck), Venonat, Lapras, Beedrill, Abra-Alakazam, Porygon, Snorlax, and probably more.

2: Scizor. Didn't care for most these designs much, but I really like Scizor. Lugia's cool too. I also sort of like Porygon2, oddly enough.

oh wait umbreon is gen 2 that might top scizor or at least be tied with it

also houndoom and all three doggies.

also furret

3: Sableye! I like its design a lot. When I started Emerald again a while back (I hadn't finished it up until then), I caught one not even remembering that it existed. While it turned out to be useless later on, it was actually really useful at first. So after I restarted the game due to the fact that I taught my Grovyle cut not realizing that you couldn't forget HMs, I got another Sableye since I liked it, and ended up taking it to the end of the game. I really like Sableye.

ALSO I forgot about what might be my second favorite Pokemon, Zangoose. I have a sort of long story about this one, but let's just say I think Zangoose is super cool and I like it.

4: Didn't like the games I played or many of the Pokemon. I guess... Empoleon?

5: This is probably my least favorite in terms of designs. I could name all of them I like at all right now. But, I'll just say Lilligant. Sigilyph's cool too. Excadrill's okay, and Drilbur's eyes are silly.

6: Didn't play. I guess Dragalge or whatever it's called. I also really like the Fire and Water starters in all their phases, especially Greninja and middle fire starter thing.

Edited by maybe

My favorites from each generation:

1: Gyarados, Charizard, Mewtwo

2: Tyranitar, Ho-oh

3: Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Salamence, Metagross, Milotic, Altaria

4: Empoleon, Infernape, Torterra, Staraptor, Giratina

5: Reshiram, Zekrom, Haxorus, Hydreigon

6: Tyrantrum, Aegislash, Talonflame

1. ninetails, dragonair

2. pichu

3. grovyle, altaria

4. piplup, staraptor, gabite, azelf

5. larvesta, volcarona

6. aegislash

My favorites from each generation:

1: Gyarados, Charizard, Mewtwo

2: Tyranitar, Ho-oh

3: Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Salamence, Metagross, Milotic, Altaria

4: Empoleon, Infernape, Torterra, Staraptor, Giratina

5: Reshiram, Zekrom, Haxorus, Hydreigon

6: Tyrantrum, Aegislash, Talonflame

so much power

Edited by PichuMaster3000

• 3 weeks later...

Quite a few other Vulpix/Ninetales fans here. I feel like I'm in good company!

My favorite starter is Cyndaquil.

I main Charizard in Smash Bros. I probably won't pick up Pokken, but if I did, Charizard's playstyle seems similar enough there for me to pick up.

Gen 1: Jolteon (slick design, great sweep movepool and easy accesibility)

Gen 2: Ampharos (Great design, unique stats and a MAJESTIC hair in Mega form)

Gen 3: Rayquaza (It's a dragon, nuff said)

Gen 4: Lucario (could give an explnation why he is my favorite overall but that's for another day)

Gen 5: Samurott (Cool design, great movepool, good stats and he has swords)

Gen 6: Delphox (Interesting concept, good movepool, great design, IS ANYTHING BUT FIRE/FIGHTING, and deserves more love from people)

Gen 6: Delphox (Interesting concept, good movepool, great design, IS ANYTHING BUT FIRE/FIGHTING, and deserves more love from people)

All these points deserve reiterating. Perhaps I'm biased, though, as my favorite is another fox-like Fire-type.

Oh, and of course my favorite mythical 'mon is a certain other Fire-and-Psychic-type.

Edited by Tamarsamar