2: Aquakat
1: MidoriMage
1: Regret/Toren
1: Ghast
1: NinjaMonkey
1: Quintessence

ErrantShepherd and MidoriMage

Lord Raven and ErrantShepherd

Despite I won't be able to follow this interview probably I vote for TheErrantShephard + Rezzy.

Edit: Read too late that first has opted out for this week.

Since ErrantShepherd has opted out for this week, I'm not counting any votes for him and you may nominate someone else.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. What was your reaction when you tried signing up and you found "Raven" was already in use?

2. When and why did you choose to name yourself Raven?

3. What is your most valued video game series, and which game is the best in that series?

4. Where were you when Serenes Forest lost about 3 months of data in ~June 2009?

5. What kinds of things inspires your wide range of avatars you've used during your time here?

1) Will you fight Raven to the death at some point?

2) I see you do LTCs, what makes you want to LTC?

3) Why is Path of Radiance your favorite Fire Emblem?

4) What do you think of fangames?

5) Have you ever considered working on a fangame concept yourself?

More than five questions?

1. Do you sleep well at night, knowing the nightmares that Homer Simpsichu causes?

2. Career aspirations in life?

3. Do you have any pets?

4. Does it bother you that the kilogram is the standard unit of mass and not the gram?

5. What is your favorite thing about physics?

1. What was your reaction when you tried signing up and you found "Raven" was already in use?

2. When and why did you choose to name yourself Raven?

3. What is your most valued video game series, and which game is the best in that series?

4. Where were you when Serenes Forest lost about 3 months of data in ~June 2009?

5. What kinds of things inspires your wide range of avatars you've used during your time here?

1. Same as my reaction everywhere... "Better add 'Lord' to it cause nobody else has it." Yeah it's a common problem at every forum so I go with LRaven or something to fix it.

2. I chose to name myself Raven cause I really like the name Raven. I also really liked the character in FE7 back when I was 12, partially because he kept killing just about everything because his offense was pretty ridiculous. It's also nice cause I'm from around Baltimore and our home team is the Ravens.

3. This is a really interesting/tough question. I would honestly say my most valued video game series is Pokemon, because when I was growing up I really had a shit time getting along with people at school and I was bullied and I was socially awkward and everything. I actually had like no friends. Then I joined a Pokemon forum when I was 11 and made a lot of friends there and it made me feel happy and accepted (and I still go there but it's a shell of what it was half a lifetime ago) so I would say Pokemon is my most valued in that sense. I also currently am a global moderator at another Poekmon forum, but it's not nearly as active as it used to be.

4. Where was I? No idea, I remember I didn't come on SF for a few months because the site kept crashing. There was also some toxicity from the tier list arguments that I wanted to completely avoid, so I had taken a momentary hiatus and when I came back it was really nice because the tier list arguments and the constant crashing was finally gone.

5. Honestly, I feel like a lot of people's avatars are too serious or fanservice-y or something and I just want to break the mould with some sort of goofy Simpsons or Rick and Morty avatar or something. I used to go for serious, since over the years I've done stuff like Yuri Hyuga from Shadow Hearts, some FE character, Amon from Shadow Hearts, and I can't even remember others, but then I decided to make my avatar goofy as hell so I went with shit like Abe Simpson answering an iron, Abradolf Lincler, Homerchu, and some scene with Mr. Burns and some tea. I really also love the Simpsons and I just love making people laugh as well, so that's what inspires my avatars, even if what I say on the forums may end up being a lot more serious than my avatar implies.

Opinions of suku?

What made you join SF after FESS?

1. It looks like a fatass Patamon.

2. Most of my FESS friends migrated from here once FESS died. There's still a few left, but this was at the time my last "refuge" so to speak to play my favorite game series. It doesn't help that I was fond of the community as well, even though there were rough patches all throughout, I'm really happy with my place in the community and with the friends I've made here, and I hope to continue being here.

1) Will you fight Raven to the death at some point?

2) I see you do LTCs, what makes you want to LTC?

3) Why is Path of Radiance your favorite Fire Emblem?

4) What do you think of fangames?

5) Have you ever considered working on a fangame concept yourself?

More than five questions?

1. I've beaten him a bunch of times in smash... so one could say it's already happened. (Blame latency).

2. I've only really done one LTC, my FE6 LTC, and the reason I do it is because it's kind of fun. It's also a bit of collaboration and group work, so people can comment and improve on your things and it's a really nice thing to talk about when you're bored. Another part of it was that I wanted to do something because I went through some very heavy depression that semester of college, so I figured some sort of hobby or work in the meantime would allow me to make myself feel good and productive again even if I'm not as good at it as a lot of other people. I would like to repeat I don't LTC much despite loving the style, because I don't play FE very much anymore and I play FE pretty casually and RPG-like in general.

3. Path of Radiance is my favorite Fire Emblem for just about everything but the gameplay. I actually think the map design is very neat as well, but overall the game is pretty easy in English and the map animations make it sort of a drag. I really loved the sense of grandeur it kind of had despite being kind of an underwhelming game in 3D as a whole, and I really liked Ike in Path of Radiance. I also felt like the characters were superb and completely unmatched by just about any other FE game. It also doesn't help I played it a lot in middle school because I didn't have many games and it just kept me entertained with how many interested characters there are even if it isn't necessarily balanced.

4. I have tried some of them and they all felt too cluttered with inventory or terrain or something. They just weren't very fun to play often, especially since the growths seemed kind of jank and the balance seemed pretty off. The face sprites also really irritate me because they're either very derivative or there is something wrong with the shading or the hair is too anime-like. I just find fangames to be inferior products to Fire Emblem as a whole and it makes them very hard to play. They also trigger my OCD.

5. I have considered it in the sense that I would add a lot of weird shit to the games (like 18th century rifles, more classes that mix Magic/Physical weaponry, and more traps than what Conquest/Revelation came up with), but I don't have the knowledge or energy to implement it. My idea of interesting games involves a lot of gimmicky stuff rather than what some other people believe in terms of great map design/clever terrain placement, so I may not be the best person to bounce ideas off of with a fan game.

Why are you such a doofus?

What happened to your Abradolf Lincler avatar?

1. I got a degree in physics and that somehow sucked all the smart from me.

2. I got rid of it because I remember someone said that my Homerchu avatar was horrifying a while back. So I decided to bring it back for that reason.

EDIT:

1. Do you sleep well at night, knowing the nightmares that Homer Simpsichu causes?

2. Career aspirations in life?

3. Do you have any pets?

4. Does it bother you that the kilogram is the standard unit of mass and not the gram?

5. What is your favorite thing about physics?

1. Yes, because I know I've done my job of fucking people up.

2. Ask me in a few years. As it stands, I really have a lot of options and I don't know which option I want to take. At this point I'm in grad school for a PhD in Physics but I'm not sure if I want to go all the way with the PhD, and if I want to stop at a Masters. Some things I was thinking of was working for some government agency or working as a teacher in some capacity. If I got my PhD, I was thinking of doing a post-doc or going straight into government work (the NSA sounds nice to be honest). Academia was something I considered, but after doing undergrad and going through graduate school I realized that it's not ideal due to the sheer workload those guys have to deal with.

3. Nope, not in Arizona where I go to school. My sister lives with my parents and she got a cat from Qatar, named Cat, and that lives with us at home in Maryland. If I had a pet in the future, I'd get a cat, because they don't do anything.

4. It doesn't because I'm so used to it, but I find it stupid in principle. I would much rather call our current kg a g then do everything else in terms of mg, but then we'd have micrograms for certain doses, so it may just be better off we leave the SI unit as a kilogram. I think for everyday stuff I'd rather use pounds and ounces, but when it comes to actual science I don't think it really matters too much with grams or kg cause it's sorta abstract anyway.

5. I would have to say quantum mechanics, because it's somehow such a coherent and relatively elegant theory while being completely abstract and unphysical. It is somehow a theory constructed purely from math that manages to be consistent with physical phenomenon, and just about everything except for modern GPS' and anything relativity related stems from Quantum Mechanics as well, which makes it all the more interesting. It helps that it's fucky as hell, because I don't think I'd like anything that wasn't really stupid.

Edited by Lord Raven