SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

1. Favourite branch of magic in FE, and favourite spell in that branch?

2. Do you have a Switch? If not, will you buy one?

3. On a scale of 1-10 how old is your boyfriend

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You make it sound like it's a secret mission or something XD

Well, I guess it isn't if you have a fly swatter and casually walk around smacking them. But if you don't have one, and there are a lot of flies that you really want gone (maybe they just kinda popped up in your college apartment while you were out for the summer, say), and you're stuck sneaking up on them with paper towels and/or strips of tape, because for w/e reason they don't react anywhere near as well to slow approaches as they do to fast ones...I'd say you've got a pretty epic secret mission on your hands.

Anyways...might as well add:

26. Have you played any Mario games? What's your favorite power-up, if so?

27. Have you played Tetris? Do you like it?

28. Imagine your dream house; if your dream house has only one story or does not exist, also imagine that it is no longer your dream house, and is instead your dream house + 2 stories. Regular staircase, spiral staircase, or elevator?

29. Does Canada have Father's Day? Is it this coming Sunday? If the answer to both is yes, are you doing anything special? Edit: ignore the first two. I went to Google.

30. What's your favorite snack food?

Edited by LordFrigid

4 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Reveal hidden contents

In game design, I believe that there is a balance to what makes a good game. As to what that balance is, that's subjective. 

Visuals: Not as important as Story and Game play, but important nonetheless. Good visuals are a plus. Bad visuals are an eyesore, and could sometimes hurt the game play.
Story: I find story to be quite important. The story should be the origin of the game. 
Gameplay: Game play is just as important as the story. Even if the story is good, the game won't be if it's too counter intuitive to play.
Characters: Kind of goes hand-in-hand with story, but important enough to get it's own explanation. If characters were all flat and boring, it would likely hinder the story. 
Entertainment: Somewhat important. Players will get bored immediately after beating the game if there is nothing else to occupy them with.

I'd be open to a group chat on rewriting Fates, or creating game plots from scratch. Anyone want to? 

I'd be down for this.  If you ever want to let me know.

16. If you could add one character class to FE what would it be and what weapon(s) would they wield?

17. Batman or Superman?

18. DC or Marvel?

19. What's one remake that you would absolutely love?(videogame, movie, etc) 

20. Fav Pokemon gen?

21. If you had to have a monotype team what type would you choose? 

A. Xander or Ryoma?

B. Camilla or Hinoka?

C. Leo or Takumi?(just for asking sake)

D. Elise or Sakura?

23. If you had to choose two retainers from either Nohr or Hoshido, who would be your retainers? ( Ex Oboro and Odin or Laslow and Effie)

24. Do you prefer to write in pen or pencil?

25. Are you right or left handed?

11 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You make it sound like it's a secret mission or something

That's because it is.*cue dramatic music*

7 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I'd say you've got a pretty epic secret mission on your hands.

I just wait until it flies in front of me and kill it with my hands heh

Or I whip out the Raid and spray like a psychopath. So it could be a mission, but it could also be a massacre MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

53 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

XVII. Eastern or Western dragon?

XVIII. Katana or broadsword?

XIX. Ever solved a Rubix Cube?

XX. Samurai or ninja?

XXI. Favorite Pokemon?

XXII. Favorite Pokemon type?

XXIII. Favorite Zelda game?

XXIV. What Hogwarts house do you believe yourself to be in?

XXV. Least favorite Roman Emperor?

XXVI. Is it better to tell a harsh truth or a kind lie?

XVII. ... Does it matter? I know they're dragons...

Spoiler

BQxMCyC.jpg

@Thane - borrowing this to answer my question, yo.

XVIII. Aesthetically, Broadsword. To not injure myself further, Katana. (My boyfriend owns one btw)
XIX. Nope
XX. Samurai
XXI. Charjabug, because it sounds like a BAMF accordian.
XXII. Electric, Steel and Ghost types.
XXIII. Wind Waker
XXIV. Slytherin, probably?
XXV. Not sure 
XXVI. Harsh truth.

46 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

46. Do you watch any competitive cooking shows? (Master Chef and the like)

46. Once in a while.

43 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

21. What is your opinion of...

Hide contents

22. What is your preferred method for eliminating flies?

23. Have you played, or do you play, Smash Bros.? If so, do you have a main?

24. Have you read Howl's Moving Castle?

25. Have you watched Howl's Moving Castle? If the answer to both this and #24 above is "yes", which did you like better?

21. OMG HOW'D YOU KNOW GERUDO VALLEY IS MY FAVORITE.
22. Villager style. (butterfly nets all the way man) Fly swatter if I dont have a net, I guess... :/
23. Yes, I have it for 3DS and WiiU. As for mains, I have yet to really have one. 
24. I watched the movie. does that count?
25. ""

41 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You make it sound like it's a secret mission or something XD

@TheTuckingFypo If the answer to this is yes, you BETTER be ready to catch this bowser

Uh oh. Please don't be one of "those" Bowser Players...

35 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

1. Favourite branch of magic in FE, and favourite spell in that branch?

2. Do you have a Switch? If not, will you buy one?

3. On a scale of 1-10 how old is your boyfriend

1. No idea.
2. Not yet.
3. What? He's 4 days older than me...

20 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Well, I guess it isn't if you have a fly swatter and casually walk around smacking them. But if you don't have one, and there are a lot of flies that you really want gone (maybe they just kinda popped up in your college apartment while you were out for the summer, say), and you're stuck sneaking up on them with paper towels and/or strips of tape, because for w/e reason they don't react anywhere near as well to slow approaches as they do to fast ones...I'd say you've got a pretty epic secret mission on your hands.

Anyways...might as well add:

26. Have you played any Mario games? What's your favorite power-up, if so?

27. Have you played Tetris? Do you like it?

28. Imagine your dream house; if your dream house has only one story or does not exist, also imagine that it is no longer your dream house, and is instead your dream house + 2 stories. Regular staircase, spiral staircase, or elevator?

29. Does Canada have Father's Day? Is it this coming Sunday? If the answer to both is yes, are you doing anything special? Edit: ignore the first two. I went to Google.

30. What's your favorite snack food?

26. Yes. 
27. Maybe once or twice...
28. I stop imagining.
29. Yes. It is this Sunday.
30. I'm not really picky. Just don't give me dill chips, black licorice, cinnamon jelly beans or candy corn, we good.

14 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

I'd be down for this.  If you ever want to let me know.

16. If you could add one character class to FE what would it be and what weapon(s) would they wield?

17. Batman or Superman?

18. DC or Marvel?

19. What's one remake that you would absolutely love?(videogame, movie, etc) 

20. Fav Pokemon gen?

21. If you had to have a monotype team what type would you choose? 

A. Xander or Ryoma?

B. Camilla or Hinoka?

C. Leo or Takumi?(just for asking sake)

D. Elise or Sakura?

23. If you had to choose two retainers from either Nohr or Hoshido, who would be your retainers? ( Ex Oboro and Odin or Laslow and Effie)

24. Do you prefer to write in pen or pencil?

25. Are you right or left handed?

That's because it is.*cue dramatic music*

16. Hmmm... How about a Bounty Hunter? Wields Bows, Daggers and Swords?
17. Batman
18. Marvel
19. Not sure.
20. 4
21. Electric, Steel or Ghost.
22. Leo > Everyone else. Don't make me choose >_<
23. Subaki and Oboro for Hoshido, Laslow and Effie for Nohr. 
24. Pen
25. Right handed, but also ambidexterous because of my wrist injury.

----

@LordFrigid @Arcanite - Are we having a smash tourney or something?

1 minute ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

@LordFrigid @Arcanite - Are we having a smash tourney or something?

Wha-huh? I just asked if you played/had a main =P . I mean...I'd be up for it, but I wouldn't say I'm great at smash or anything...or that I practice much...or at all. I've never really played outside of family, so I don't really know. But if you want to do it...lmk so I can brush up on my everything =P .

So I guess the logical next question here is...

31. Are you organizing a Smash Tournament for your interviewers (& self)?

Just now, LordFrigid said:

Wha-huh? I just asked if you played/had a main =P . I mean...I'd be up for it, but I wouldn't say I'm great at smash or anything...or that I practice much...or at all. I've never really played outside of family, so I don't really know. But if you want to do it...lmk so I can brush up on my everything =P .

So I guess the logical next question here is...

31. Are you organizing a Smash Tournament for your interviewers (& self)?

I'm not great at it either, but being good does not dictate whether or not it is fun.

31. Sure, why not? Are we using WiiU or 3DS? How many of us are there?

1 minute ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I'm not great at it either, but being good does not dictate whether or not it is fun.

31. Sure, why not? Are we using WiiU or 3DS? How many of us are there?

I have both but I prefer Wii U

I'd prefer Wii U as well. We may also have entered PM territory here.

In a blatant show of pretending to be on topic, uh...

32. What's your favorite shoe brand?

I have to hop away for a bit, I'll see how things are shaping up when I get back.

Just now, LordFrigid said:

I'd prefer Wii U as well. We may also have entered PM territory here.

In a blatant show of pretending to be on topic, uh...

32. What's your favorite shoe brand?

I have to hop away for a bit, I'll see how things are shaping up when I get back.

Fair enough. I can set that up too.

32. Birkenstocks. They're comfy.

I'd be willing for a Smash Tournament, but not if it happened anytime soon. Maybe I should arrange something in July or so...

Anyway;

XXVII. Favorite book?

XXVIII. Favorite video game?

XXIX. Favorite movie?

Just now, Rex Glacies said:

I'd be willing for a Smash Tournament, but not if it happened anytime soon. Maybe I should arrange something in July or so...

Anyway;

XXVII. Favorite book?

XXVIII. Favorite video game?

XXIX. Favorite movie?

Sounds good.

XXVII. Lord of the Flies
XXVIII. RIght now, I'm digging Echoes. 
XXIX. You got me. I don't watch movies all too often because of migraines. But I like action movies.

Wow, your interview turned into the organization of a Smash Bros tournament.
In all the 128 interviews before this, I have never seen anything like that, haha.

11 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Yeah. I'm very very mild though. Anxiety, occasional stutter, and a literal case of writer's block (writing reports, stories essays and the likes) were my only real indicators. I'm not sure if the term is still valid, or if other countries just mushed it into the spectrum and just called it Autism. 

I'm pretty mild too. Anxiety, attention to detail and technicalities, and social interaction problems are my biggest indicators. Oh yeah, and I can be pretty prone to thinking blockades sometimes (or whatever they're called in English).

6. Did you know that Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is called Autismespectrumstoornis (ASS) in Dutch?
7. Are you familiar with Tolkien's works (The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings etc.)?
8. How do you deal with writer's block?
9. How did you become the Strategists Three's guinea pig?
10. If you could teach the whole world one thing, what would it be?

6 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I just wait until it flies in front of me and kill it with my hands heh

Or I whip out the Raid and spray like a psychopath. So it could be a mission, but it could also be a massacre MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

This is what makes people think you're an evil robot.

5 hours ago, Hattusili I said:

In all the 128 interviews before this, I have never seen anything like that, haha.

There's a first time for everything hee hee hee hee

5 hours ago, Hattusili I said:

This is what makes people think you're an evil robot.

They can think whatever the heck they want, just know that if you do think that I'm evil, your chances of survival go down the toilet

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

They can think whatever the heck they want, just know that if you do think that I'm evil, your chances of survival go down the toilet

But I thought you were a virtuous robot guided by objectively good judgment, free of personal bias.

Or maybe your superior designs are simply too complex for my human mind to understand.

20 minutes ago, Hattusili I said:

But I thought you were a virtuous robot guided by objectively good judgment, free of personal bias.

I am

I was only kidding

Hence the strikethrough :P

Whoever is saved is based on whether their worthy, not my own choices

Time for another salvo:

1. Leather, suede, or velvet? Or something else?

2. What appeals to you the most about your pursuit of a career in business?

3. Do you follow sports?

4. Opinions about giving tips in restaurants?

5. Where's my super suit?

6. Underrated show or film you enjoy?

7. f2p btw?

8. What is most important in any character's design, to you?

9. Favorite Kirby Copy ability? (Alternative Question is "Are you familiar with H.G. Wells or Orson Scott Card? Any other science fiction works you prefer in particular?")

10. List at least 5 different words and phrases that can be used to describe a Double Post.

8 hours ago, Hattusili I said:

Wow, your interview turned into the organization of a Smash Bros tournament.

I'm pretty mild too. Anxiety, attention to detail and technicalities, and social interaction problems are my biggest indicators. Oh yeah, and I can be pretty prone to thinking blockades sometimes (or whatever they're called in English).

6. Did you know that Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is called Autismespectrumstoornis (ASS) in Dutch?
7. Are you familiar with Tolkien's works (The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings etc.)?
8. How do you deal with writer's block?
9. How did you become the Strategists Three's guinea pig?
10. If you could teach the whole world one thing, what would it be?

Wait, no one has done this before? Huh... I just like to make sure people have a good time. 
I think we're also planning a Mario Kart Tourney too. If we all just made a Skype or Discord channel, this would be so much easier to coordinate. 

6. I do now. The more ya know, right?
7. I know of them, but never read them. For some odd reason, my dad didn't want me to read them...

8. I try to write fanfics to overcome this. I have written three so far, and can be read here. I have two in the works, and various plots floating around. I think, the more I practice, the better I'll get. Hence the term 'practice makes perfect', right? 

9. @Arcanite called me a guinea pig. Actually, I like to think that I was the catalyst or glue of it's formation. I needed help with a GHB... (Was it Michalis or Navarre?), and a bet happy @Arcanite, and @MrSmokestack jumped to my aid... With differing opinions... After the most civil argument I've ever seen occur over the internet, it turned into a bet between them (Iirc, i think i suggested a bet, and Arcanite took it from there, so I'll give credit to them), where the the losers had to say that the winner is the best tactician. This is about where @MaskedAmpharos jumped in.Thing is, the results were completely reliant on my completion of the map (guinea pig). 

Spoiler

I won. They weren't too happy with me...

While the bet was whomever's team cleared the map in the fewest amount of turns, and I was in the bet under technicalities (as a guinea pig, not an active better), I won because I couldn't even beat it with their suggested teams.

They still honoured the bet, and for a day, they proclaimed that I was the best tactician. Not true, btw. If I was, I wouldn't have asked for help in the first place...

Because of what went down. I suggested that they could form the StrategistsThree. And thus, it was born. 

Actually, while we're on this... @Arcanite @MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos - I still can't beat 11-5 on Lunatic.... Suggestions?

10. Hmm. Everyone can't be good at everything, but everyone is good at something. If we trust in ourselves, and in each other, we can find out what those things are, and make the world a better place. 

55 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Time for another salvo:

1. Leather, suede, or velvet? Or something else?

2. What appeals to you the most about your pursuit of a career in business?

3. Do you follow sports?

4. Opinions about giving tips in restaurants?

5. Where's my super suit?

6. Underrated show or film you enjoy?

7. f2p btw?

8. What is most important in any character's design, to you?

9. Favorite Kirby Copy ability? (Alternative Question is "Are you familiar with H.G. Wells or Orson Scott Card? Any other science fiction works you prefer in particular?")

10. List at least 5 different words and phrases that can be used to describe a Double Post.

1. Leather and suede are the same thing.
2. The security of a steady job. If everything works out, my boyfriend will be a chemical engineer, and I could do Accounting from home. 
3. Not really.
4. Depends on the service. But really, servers should be paid at least minimum wage. It's unfair that they have to rely on tips to make ends meet. No wonder why some of them can be so bitter.
5. I-uh.. put it away!
6. Hmm.... No idea.
7. Not anymore. I have this talent of buying things in my sleep when passwords aren't necessary to purchase. I was quite saddened at this. So, I had to cut my losses, and I've now spent just under $200, and netted Raven, Jaffar, Eirika and Leo. Wasn't expecting to get him, but I did. Was Leo worth $200? Absolutely. Haven't spent a cent since though. 
8. Personality and thought processes. Knowing one's motivations for their goals is key to good character portrayal.
9. I don't know...
10. Bump, bump, bump, ignore this, and that weird SF glitch that causes double posts, so the same thing is repeated..

I don't backlog sorry if these were repeated

1) Hey hi hello it's been awhile!!
2) how are you?
3) what's your favorite book?
4) do you like ed sheeran?
5) have you played echoes?

Just now, Shadowess said:

I don't backlog sorry if these were repeated

1) Hey hi hello it's been awhile!!
2) how are you?
3) what's your favorite book?
4) do you like ed sheeran?
5) have you played echoes?

1. Hello.Yes, it has been awhile. I don't run into you nearly as much now considering the chat box has been forgone in favor of discord.
2. I've got a cold, and one nasty cough, but fine otherwise.
3. Lord of the Flies
4. Sure.
5. Yes.