SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sirius nominating me every week actually makes me really happy idk why he's too cool for me ;~;

Sirius

Ninjamonkey

We'll run out of actually popular people eventually.

isn't it better to vote for the less popular people though

i mean i know people are gonna vote for the ones they know but if we're gonna ask people a bunch of questions i feel like it should be the ones we don't already know a lot about

...granted i can't think of anyone off the top of my head to vote for but i don't know anyone here

isn't it better to vote for the less popular people though

Tell that to the bandwagon.

I only ever vote for someone that I want would want to know more about, whether I knew them or not, which most of the time made me an outlier among voters.

I'm too lazy to look back and name them all (cause there's a large pool of members I've voted for in the past), but as far as my current two votes go, I've been voting Aquakat for the longest time, which until lately, I was her only vote. As far as I can tell, only BLS and I have ever voted for Vashiane.

I'm certain I'm not the only outlier voter, and there are some who would vote X person literally because everyone else is and nothing more. But I digress

Edited by Hero-King

this whole thing is a popularity contest tbh; if you're not involved with a bunch of people on SF then you're never getting an interview lol

I have absolutely no idea how SF popularity works or who's where and how you become popular and stuff like that, but I'll vote for Zera since I know him and someone else voted for him.

I have absolutely no idea how SF popularity works or who's where and how you become popular and stuff like that, but I'll vote for Zera since I know him and someone else voted for him.

Generally, just being an active member is enough to at least get your name out there. Preferably not solely in fftf, cause thats the hardest place to standout, with the who knows how many members trying the same thing.

An example being Thane and Kirokan, who in my opinion, are one of the more well well known members of the Fates board; the former for his strong opinions and the latter for his translations on anything regarding Fates

Generally, just being an active member is enough to at least get your name out there. Preferably not solely in fftf, cause thats the hardest place to standout, with the who knows how many members trying the same thing.

An example being Thane and Kirokan, who in my opinion, are one of the more well well known members of the Fates board; the former for his strong opinions and the latter for his translations on anything regarding Fates

Oh, neat. Thanks for the info!

1. Be a mod/admin

2. Be good friends with popular mods/admins

3. be an ex-mod/admin

4. Be actively social/friendly with many people across the forum, the chat, including Skype, etc.

5. Be a big dick around the place

6. Be vocal about opinions that not many agree with

7. Any combination of the above

basically, getting noticed for whatever reason by people who vote in here often.

then it's all about which bandwagon picks up speed first

1. Be a mod/admin

3. be an ex-mod/admin

4. Be actively social/friendly with many people across the forum, the chat, including Skype, etc.

basically, getting noticed for whatever reason by people who vote in here often.

Has someone done all of that?

1. Be a mod/admin

3. be an ex-mod/admin

I personally try not to impact the proceedings much, on account of your points 1-3 and not wanting to make things worse, which is why I have never nominated any user, and only ask a few questions when I remember to do so. There's still probably some influence I can't control, but hopefully it's minimal and things are as organic as they can be... which is probably not very. I honestly think skype/discord groups are probably the biggest movers and shakers, but I cannot confirm or deny. Edited by Balcerzak

I honestly have no idea what dictates who is popular on this site. I thought that Quintessence was a decently well known member, at least among the people with whom I interact with on this site, but I'm pretty much the only person who has been voting for him for the past year, so who knows.