SF Interviews 2.0 - Florete

Julius Nepos

1. Do you speak more than one language?

2. Any video game genres that you're bad at?

3. Favorite video game character of all time?

4. Thoughts on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

5. Any upcoming games you're looking forward too?

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Do you read Awkward Zombie? If so, favorite comic?
  2. Do you read any webcomics?
  3. Favorite newspaper comic?
  4. Trampolines. Like/dislike/don't care for them?
  5. First impressions on Three Houses?

15 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

f & g Funny. Though I find it extra hilarious that Wario is seemingly speaking German in g. (Is it "So ein Mist!" or "Oh, I missed!"?)

It's actually "So ein mist!", which translates to "Aw, crap!". 

7. Nope, I had no idea. To be honest, I don't even know what Arland is, but I will look into it.

Well, they're re-releasing the Arland trilogy (Rorona, Totori, Meruru) on PS4 as a package soon, so there's your chance.

8. Can't say I have, but that's impressive. It's certainly something I'd never be able to do.

That is certainly impressive enough, but the kicker? He only needed two tries to do it. Reading about stuff like that really makes you think, no? As gamers, we'd like to think of ourselves as being relatively well-skilled in our games of choice, but when you read something like this, it makes you wonder, "Just how good am I really?".

b - e Can't decide if terrifying or cute. Leaning towards

Lemme guess - creepy?

Least favourite:
Counter and Countermagic. Skills that are only useful when the enemy has them. I HATE that kind of thing.

Those bother me. At least they were nice enough to nerf Counter in Fates. Some more skills that bother me are the double-edged swords that help the enemy more than they do you (Life and Death and Quixotic), skills that actively harm the user (Misfortunate), and those that are rarely useful (Unmask).

Least favourite:
Cavaliers and Paladins for how overpraised I find them, and the characters in those classes are really, really bland for the most part. But when it comes to actual gameplay, I'd agree with you and say anything with an axe that's not on a Wyvern. So, Brigands, Fighters, Berserkers and Warriors. I simply hate how every time you try to use one, it's basically a gamble. If they miss, you'll have to have another unit clean up after them and then it's usually already to late. I can't tell you how many times I had to reset because Boyd, Dorcas, Vaike, Arthur, and Charlotte failed to do their freaking jobs.

How bad most of them are makes me think that IS just keeps tripping over the same stones when it comes to axe infantry. And it has me convinced that contrary to what most of SF likes to claim, they, not knights, are the one class that's most consistent about having crippling weaknesses and no meaningful strengths to compensate. Another class type that bothers me is physical/magic hybrid classes (e.g. Oni Chieftain). Some of them are just bad, and most of them suffer from the same problem - that being that it's hard to justify being in such a class when chances are you're going to be much better with what you were originally using before promotion. I hope Three Houses gets rid of some of the physical/magic hybrid classes that had no business existing.

Yeah, I forgot that Izumo was a thing, to be honest. Sorry about that.
And I remember the Amatsu level you're talking about. That stuff can really throw you off if you're not careful, I agree. I also distinctly remember having problems with the level where you first actually fight Hilda in. That's mostly down to her and her three lackeys being really, really strong for that point in the game.

I guess that's what happens when you have a tame-ish chapter sandwiched between two hellish ones.
Anyways, the end of the Amatsu arc gives me the impression that Hilda isn't as bad as the game seems to be painting her as...

11. Favorite mission types in Hyrule Warriors?
12. Least favorite mission types in Hyrule Warriors?
13. Favorite mission types in FE Warriors?
14. Least favorite mission types in FE Warriors?
15. Any obscure games that have you interested?

god damn it i prematurely posted my answers again. sorry i'm on my sister's computer and not mine. i'll edit and finish the post then add the rest of the questions later

9 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Well, they're re-releasing the Arland trilogy (Rorona, Totori, Meruru) on PS4 as a package soon, so there's your chance.

Sounds great. I'll definitely give that a go once it comes out. Thank you!

I guess that's what happens when you have a tame-ish chapter sandwiched between two hellish ones.
Anyways, the end of the Amatsu arc gives me the impression that Hilda isn't as bad as the game seems to be painting her as...

Yup, that's true.
How do you like Stella Glow so far? Any character your favourite already?

11. Favorite mission types in Hyrule Warriors?

12. Least favorite mission types in Hyrule Warriors?

13. Favorite mission types in FE Warriors?
14. Least favorite mission types in FE Warriors?
15. Any obscure games that have you interested?

11. I'll be honest: I haven't played HW in a while, so I don't actually remember specific mission types existed in that game. Most of the story missions were very well designed with what you had to / could do in them, however.

12. Whenever any of the big monsters showed up, my enjoyment went from "Yaaay!" to "Oh gods, no!" in a flash. So you can imagine how I feel about the missions that have you take on multiple of the things at once... An entire map full of pace-killers. Whoever thought that was a good idea should get their ideas checked out, is all I'm saying.

13. I never thought I'd say this, but through grinding supports for skills, I have developed a liking to Arena battles. You vs. a bunch of enemy officers without any mooks to bother you. It requires a different approach to the usual "press buttons 'til sh*t dies", which I enjoy. There is also less room for enemy officers to sneak up on you, because it's an open, pretty limited space. Though there are characters that are entirely unsuited to that kind of mission, namely anything that has a mount, because they're big targets. In addition, on 3DS, you can barely see what's in front of you when you use someone on a mount, meaning you usually can't react fast enough when the enemy is winding up an attack. Worse still when said mounted person has low Defence. Bottom line is: trying Arena with Elise is a nightmare.

14. "Kill as many enemies as you can in X amount of time" is a mission type I've learned to absolutely despise, especially when you're going for S-ranks for weapon scrolls. I can't tell you how many times I've had to retry that stupid Archers only mission to get the Sol Katti scroll and it's not much better with any of the DLC maps that have those missions, either.

15. You mean obscure games I haven't played yet? Not right now, I usually discover them through what I'd call a happy coincidence. But some of the more obscure games that I have played and very much liked include: Shining Resonance Refrain, 7th Dragon III, and Nights of Azure along with its sequel. Though how obscure the latter is, I have no clue, since its characters were apparently popular enough to make it into Warriors All-Stars.

How bad most of them are makes me think that IS just keeps tripping over the same stones when it comes to axe infantry. And it has me convinced that contrary to what most of SF likes to claim, they, not knights, are the one class that's most consistent about having crippling weaknesses and no meaningful strengths to compensate. Another class type that bothers me is physical/magic hybrid classes (e.g. Oni Chieftain). Some of them are just bad, and most of them suffer from the same problem - that being that it's hard to justify being in such a class when chances are you're going to be much better with what you were originally using before promotion. I hope Three Houses gets rid of some of the physical/magic hybrid classes that had no business existing.

On the topic of hybrids: I find it much worse when the secondary weapon type does nothing for a unit in terms of weapon triangle. The Dark Knight and Grandmaster classes in Fates comes to mind, since equipping a sword or magic doesn't actually make a lick of difference, because you're screwed against lances and daggers anyway, unless you use a Dual Katana or Calamity Gate, of course.
I can at least get what they were trying to do with Basara and Oni Chieftain, because they can use magic to attack axe users and sword users respectively without being at a disadvantage. And even then, that doesn't really count for much, because you have Dual weapons and other classes that can do the same so much better.
I think Echoes handled it best so far: You have the option to attack with a sword in close-range combat, which made the Priestess class a lot more durable, because they're not slowly killing themselves with every round of combat.

11. Is there anything you would like to change on yourself if you could?

12. Any videogame which surprised you in a positive way?

13. Do you enjoy videogaming on travels?

14. What's your opinion of Germany as a whole (politics, society, economy...)?

15. How would you describe yourself in three words?

3 hours ago, Necrofantasia said:

11. Is there anything you would like to change on yourself if you could?

12. Any videogame which surprised you in a positive way?

13. Do you enjoy videogaming on travels?

14. What's your opinion of Germany as a whole (politics, society, economy...)?

15. How would you describe yourself in three words?

11. Many things, in fact. For one thing, I'd like to be less cynical, less shy around other people (I can barely hold a conversation in real life, believe it or not), and less impulsive. My tolerance for stress and frustration is also quite dangerously low. I'm working on it, but there's little hope, to be honest.

12. Atelier Sophie, definitely. To be honest, I had no idea what the Atelier series was even about and when I heard / read it was about combining items with alchemy, I thought it would be a semi-boring loot-fest where you collect stuff to make stuff to collect more stuff. While that is partially true, the gameplay, the story, and the entire atmosphere of the game are just so pleasant and fun. It turned out to be one of the most relaxing games I've ever played in my life.

13. No, actually. When I travel, I'm usually busy sightseeing or just looking at nature or something to really think about video games. I also get car sick easily ever since I was a kid, so gaming on a car or bus ride was always out of the question for me.

14. If Germany has one thing going for it, it's incredibly beautiful landscapes. The people are alright, I guess, but there seems to be a disproportionate amount of egotistical alcoholics that don't give a crap that people, namely me, would like to be asleep at two in the morning. If you've seen any sports event with German participation, you can probably imagine what I'm talking about. It's really freaking embarrassing, especially during soccer world cups.
Politics-wise, our country is led by the most incompetent people imaginable; politicians face every problem with the apparently effective strategy of sitting on their hands and let the storm blow over. At least we'll be rid of the suit-wearing ventriloquist doll come the end of her term, but I'm not sure the next fool is going to be that much better. If anything, I'd wager it continues as it is now, unless the rest of the EU finally gets tired of Germany's shit.
I really, really do not blame any other country for making fun of Germany, all things considered, and were it not for the fact that I can't actually afford moving right now, and that nature here is nice, I'd be long gone. 

15. Introverted, emotional, friendly.
To be honest, calling myself "friendly" sounds like I'm bragging, but I do try to be friendly to people I meet and / or talk to.

21 hours ago, Armagon said:

1. Do you speak more than one language?

2. Any video game genres that you're bad at?

3. Favorite video game character of all time?

4. Thoughts on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

5. Any upcoming games you're looking forward too?

1. I speak German and English. I had French and Spanish in school and Latin during my first two semesters at university, but I've almost forgotten everything.

2. Fighting games and platformers are the bane of my existence. I can't even beat the first Mario Bros. Embarrassing, I know.

3. It's a toss-up between Arnice and Christophorus, the latter of which is in my profile picture. I find these two to be really well written and interesting characters and they stuck with me ever since I first played Nights of Azure. Really glad that they're both playable in Warriors All-Stars, as well.

4. It's a funny anime, but the memes and forced references are getting a bit annoying at this point. Though I will fully admit: the whole "You thought it was X, but it was me, Dio!" thing is hilarious, even if has gotten stale.

5. Etrian Odyssey Nexus and the PS4 remake of Tales of Vesperia hold my attention the most right now.

21 hours ago, Hawkwing said:
  1. Do you read Awkward Zombie? If so, favorite comic?
  2. Do you read any webcomics?
  3. Favorite newspaper comic?
  4. Trampolines. Like/dislike/don't care for them?
  5. First impressions on Three Houses?

1. My personal favourite is when Chrom tries to teach the rest of the crew to get their capes to flutter like his. I don't know why, but I laughed really hard at that one.

2. Not right now, no. I have been meaning to, but studies and other reading projects (currently reading Romance of the Three Kingdoms, which is LONG) hold that part of my attention right now.

3. There are some funny Garfield comics in the weekend newspaper. My grandma and I love them.

4. I like trampolines. Used to jump around on them all the time during P.E. at school, to the point our teacher got really annoyed.

5. I'm skeptical, honestly. Ever since the whole Fates fiasco, I've become wary. Echoes redeemed IntSys in my mind, but even then, SoV was a remake, so they couldn't break too much, if that makes sense. The Persona-esque artstyle is intriguing and certainly something new and I'm interested how the other characters will look. I'm trying not to spoil too much for myself this time, however.

Also, thanks for reminding me that I forget these two posts. I really didn't see them at first. My bad!

To the mods: Sorry for the double post, too.

Edited by DragonFlames

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, thanks for reminding me that I forget these two posts. I really didn't see them at first. My bad!

No problem. It's a pretty common mistake to make.

As for the questions:

1. Thoughts on my accidental advertising of Blustone?
  2. Do you play any mobile games?
  3. Thoughts/Opinions on Indiana Jones?
  4. Oldest book you’ve ever read?
  5. Oldest movie you’ve ever watched
  6. Favorite Fictional Villain?

hey everybody so i haven't had my computer for a few days and i still don't have it back. here are the rest of the answers!

and the edited post because sf isn't letting me finish editing the actual post back there. sorry for posting this again

On 11/2/2018 at 10:17 AM, Kinumi said:

1. tell us about your plants (pics would be great if you have any)

2. tell us about your webcomic!! what motivated you to start it in the first place? what about it are you most proud of? where can we read it?498347177865904129.png?v=1

1. I don't have my computer but I posted them on twitter here ; there's a ficus bonsai, a pachira bonsai (money tree), a new prayer plant (an offshoot of one that lived a while then died RIP), an aloe and another aloe that i propagated from it, and some assorted succulents from the succulent studio club. there's a sedum and a type of jade plant in there, and a type of aloe. i have had the ficus since my sophomore year of high school (i'm 25 now); it was a gift to me after i didn't make this choir audition forever ago and i love the shit out of that tree

2. I CAN TELL YOU MORE ABOUT IT LATER WITH PICTURES WHEN I GET MY LAPTOP BACK!!!!!!!! right now it's still in development! i hope it's not too disappointing that it isn't anywhere public yet HHHHHHHH but i'm working on kind of a broken-up series of stories based in a world made up of broken pieces of world called the Mosaic! there's going to be a game starring a moth named millie and another one starring a half-dream half-human cryptid who named theirself vicar. the comic will branch off into sub-stories, but it will first star an unnamed rabbit who's trying to solve the mystery of where he came from. vicar will play a semi-major role in this one (will probably play some kind of role in most of them; vicar is kinda omniscient) and starts in the dream in which vicar was born (an old yellow house with a piano in the attic). I have the first dozen panels planned out and some of them drafted, but i'm NERVOUS. 

i was definitely inspired by this webcomic and this webcomic to try starting my own webcomic, and try to get my art to the point i feel i'm ready to start one for real. it's been a really slow process because i have really bad anxiety about this (it's something i've been grappling with for at LEAST 9 years now) but i really hope to have progress by the end of the year

On 11/3/2018 at 1:29 AM, weinerboy said:

1. How does the present compare to how you thought your future would turn out in the past?

I definitely hoped I'd be out of the state by now. I thought I'd be studying entomology, didn't think I'd be a weed smoker, didn't think I'd make it to be this old sometimes to be honest. I think it's wild that I'm 25

On 11/4/2018 at 1:26 AM, Infinite Dreams said:

1. What do you value the most: free time, recognition, or money?

2. How do you think success should be measured?

3. What scares you?  Do you have any irrational fears?

4. Do you like things to be carefully planned or do you prefer to just go with the flow?

5. Do you think social media is making people more narcissistic?

6. Are there any unspoken social rules that you dislike?

7. What is the most awkward thing that happens to you on a regular basis?

8. What is something you have tried that you will never try again?

9. How comfortable are you speaking in front of large groups of people?

10. What are you most grateful for right now?

11. Do you enjoy overcoming challenges or do you prefer things to be easy? Why?

12. If you could time travel, where would you go?

13. What are your pet peeves? 

14. What are some of your favourite TV shows?

15. Do you like pineapple on your pizza?

1. free time, recognition second, money third

2. did you succeed at something (literally anything) that hasn't directly harmed anyone or yourself? then congrats you are a winner. you deserve everything good

3. i've had this phobia of thistles since i was a kid. this is what they look like. don't ask me why (because i don't know), but i am still very much afraid of them
(please don't send me pics of them to fuck with me or i'll eat you)

4. a mix of both? it definitely depends on the situation, because i do either or both of them depending on like, how important the thing is. if it's like, an important life decision or event, then i would want to plan it at least moderately, but for the most part i prefer to follow my intuition and try not to stress too much about it cuz like, i AM a very go with the flow kinda person, and also i have 3 anxiety disorders and i try to shave off stress whenever and wherever possible

5. if you mean it's helping people love themselves more (i really don't believe narcissism is what people think it is) then yes. but it has also made it very easy to get addicted to public validation and validation in general (getting it from other people and depending on that for your self-worth/self-esteem), and as someone who has been there, that fuckin sucks

6. i hate not knowing when people are comfortable with me being physically close to them or not
i don't understand social cues period and i hate that people are just expected to know them and you're labeled a creep if you don't. i'm not talking about being a creep on purpose, if you're a creep on purpose you can leave

7. i uhhhh, i Ummmm, umm. the only thing i can think of is probably something i shouldn't talk about here. let's say well i live with other people and sometimes i walk in on things :KnollRoll: i mean WALK IN on them because i never hear anything ever

8. pistachio ice cream....not really too much of a fan, and i thought i would be

9. depends! it LARGELY depends on what i'm talking about, and how prepared i am for it. i am usually not THAT bad at speaking in front of people. i used to be HORRIFIED, completely HORRIFIED of it, but a lot of that went away. it honestly felt impossible for a time being. but something in me kind of snapped during a huge breakdown i had a few years back, and some things about me (including some anxieties that i used to have) sorta disintegrated.

10. my sister
grace
vinny vinesauce
stuart "ashens" ashen
my friends
my cat
shovel knight
lapis lazuli from the steven universe cartoon

11. I love to be challenged, but I also like to feel like I CAN handle the challenge. I want to be challenged because I want to believe in myself, and I don't wanna cheese the one life I got

12. definitely the future over the past! i really really wanna see what happens! but on the other hand that'd ruin the surprise, and i kinda wanna see the dinosaurs for real, so i would probably do that instead

13. WHEN PEOPLE GOTTA FUCKING 1-UP YOU
"oh you think you have it worse well I <insertthinghere>" good for you scott do you want a misery medal?

really hate it when people talk to me like i'm a child

really hate it when people drag their shoes on the floor

REALLY hate it when people give me advice without my asking for it, like just assuming i don't know shit
ESPECIALLY in public

14. i havent really watched a lot of shows in a while all i do is read or play games...........but as for recent shows i really really liked regular show, it's a genuinely good recent cartoon. we bare bears in the same boat

15. yes.

12 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

No problem. It's a pretty common mistake to make.

As for the questions:

1. Thoughts on my accidental advertising of Blustone?
  2. Do you play any mobile games?
  3. Thoughts/Opinions on Indiana Jones?
  4. Oldest book you’ve ever read?
  5. Oldest movie you’ve ever watched
  6. Favorite Fictional Villain?

1. I advertise Nights of Azure and 7th Dragon III all the time, so I have no problem with it.

2. No. I don't even have a phone to play them on. I do have a cellphone, but a really old one that still works for... whatever reason. I'm also not sure I'm into the whole gacha / fee-to-pay stuff the mobile market is infamous for.

3. Awesome movies and an iconic theme song. I also like the character.

4. Hartmann von Aue's Iwein was thought to have been written in the late 1100's. Does that count?

5. I've seen a few of the Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy movies, which were made in the 20's or 30's I think.

6. Outside of video games, I have to give that one to Goldfinger from the 1964 movie of the same name. He was one of the best Bond villains, in my opinion.

On 11/4/2018 at 5:36 AM, Bartozio said:

Wait... Via is being interviewed and this is already the last day? How did I not know this? AHHHHHHH

I mean... sup Via!

1. First/current impresions of me?

2. Any great advice on how to not get lynched in a mafia game?

3. What's a show I've probably never watched but really should watch?

4. How do you manage to never roll scum these days?

5. Have you been enjoying your interview?

1. I think I often mixed you up with another SF user only because your names were similar in my head (baldrick? idr) but I don't mix you guys up anymore. I think you're definitely a cool guy. I don't know you all that well, but I think you have a good head on your shoulders. I know you play a mean scum game

2. uhh see some of it is building a reputation, and knowing how to make your town meta incredibly obvious in a natural way. i get mislynched or easily mislynched in other communities (although I haven't played on other communities in a while, so perhaps I wouldn't now? I know I've improved since then, so it might change); most of it was because a lot of my playstyle's hallmark traits are considered scumtells in usual context, and I think I came off like newbscum sometimes

3. last exile (the anime)
i don't know about the sequel because i haven't watched it, but the original series is fantastic

4. i just have a very high luck stat

5. i was enjoying it, until my computer broke! and it didn't last very long

On 11/4/2018 at 9:32 AM, Ken Masters said:

1- T-Rex or Dragon. What is best pet and why?
2- You get a million dollars, first thing you buy?

3- Have you heard of the High Elves?
4- What's your favourite song to listen to while giving a dramatic speech?
5- Sand or snow and why?

1. dragon obviously. i would say it might depend on type of dragon, but most dragons would still be better than t-rex. t-rex have bulk going for them but dragons have better dexterity and are more tactical, and some have the added plus of powers like fire or ice breath, and flight. flight is always +1 for mobility bonus
2. tickets out of my fucking hometown 
3. like, high elves or elves that are high? i have heard of both
4. nocturne no. 3 or gymnopedie no. 1 by erik satie. or this. or libera me from the faure requiem by gabriel fuare
5. depends on the situation. both have their pros and cons. snow definitely for aesthetic sake, but sand for practical sake.

and with that that's all the questions THANKS FOR THE INTERVIEW GUYS

1. Favorite Pixar Movie?
  2. Favorite Disney Movie?
  3. Favorite Fire Emblem Meme?
  4. Favorite Character in Super Smash Brothers?
  5. Favorite video game weapon?
  6. Favorite Fictional Invention?

1. Have you played Kid Icarus: Uprising?
  2. If you were to recommend a game to me, what would it be?
  3. Favorite superhero?
  4. Absolute worst game you've ever played?
  5. Absolute worst movie you've ever watched?

2 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:
  1. Favorite Pixar Movie?
  2. Favorite Disney Movie?
  3. Favorite Fire Emblem Meme?
  4. Favorite Character in Super Smash Brothers?
  5. Favorite video game weapon?
  6. Favorite Fictional Invention?

1. I liked the first Ice Age a lot. It was a good mix of comedy and heavier themes such as family, the latter of which spoke to me on a personal level.

2. Mulan, hands down. I love the plot of the movie, the characters, the artstyle, and "I'll make a man out of you" is one of the greatest Disney songs to ever exist.

3. I found NUNSWITHAXES pretty funny, while it was still around. Digimon actually semi-revived the meme for me by introducing NUNSWITHGUNS (literally)
Shout-outs also to the "I'M A GREEN UNIT!" meme, complete with retarded voice.

4. In Melee (which was my first Smash Brothers game), I absolutely loved playing as Pikachu. He's been somewhat of a main for me ever since then.

5. Jord (or Yorudo), the Blood Sword, Arnice's weapon in Nights of Azure. It has an amazing design, cool abilities, and a really interesting backstory.
Y'all are probably tired of me gushing about that game by now...

6. The warp drive, definitely.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:
  1. Have you played Kid Icarus: Uprising?
  2. If you were to recommend a game to me, what would it be?
  3. Favorite superhero?
  4. Absolute worst game you've ever played?
  5. Absolute worst movie you've ever watched?

1. No, I haven't. I heard it's a good game, though.

2. I definitely recommend giving Stella Glow a go, if you haven't yet.

3. Flash Gordon. It helps that he's one of the only ones I've ever seen a movie about.

4. A game I had almost zero fun with was Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. Compared to its predecessors (especially compared to the stroke of genius that was Explorers of Sky), it felt really, really weak, both in the gameplay and story department.

5. The thirteenth Pokémon movie was excruciatingly boring and nonsensical, I don't even remember most of what happened in it. I only remember the legendary beasts appeared in their shiny form, and there was talk about time visions or something.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

1. I liked the first Ice Age a lot. It was a good mix of comedy and heavier themes such as family, the latter of which spoke to me on a personal level.

...That's a Dreamworks film...

47 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

...That's a Dreamworks film...

Really? ... Well, this is awkward. I always kinda figured they were the same deal. My favourite Pixar movie is Finding Nemo, then, which would have been my second favourite after Ice Age.

1. Thoughts on Pirates of the Carribean?

2. Worst sidequest in any video game you've played? 

3. Game with the worst gameplay that you've played?

4. Thoughts on Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE?

5. Favorite game of 2018 (so far)?

Final set of questions from me:

1. Something you’re glad you tried, but will never do again?
  2. Something that seems to bother others, but never/rarely you?
  3. Something you want to like, but can’t for one reason or another?
  4. Something you wish had a sequel?
  5. Thoughts/opinions on the Elder Scrolls?
  6. Favorite/Least Favorite story trope/cliche?
  7. Favorite/Least Favorite character trope/cliche?
  8. Favorite/Least Favorite gameplay trope/cliche?
  9. Did you enjoy your interview?

I. Which of the classical and Chinese elements do you like most?

II. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you most relate to?

III. Hot or cold?

IV. Favorite type of sword?

V. Eastern or western dragon?

On 11/8/2018 at 4:57 AM, DragonFlames said:

How do you like Stella Glow so far? Any character your favourite already?

While I find most everyone likable in one way or another, my favorites thus far are Lisette and Popo.

12. Whenever any of the big monsters showed up, my enjoyment went from "Yaaay!" to "Oh gods, no!" in a flash. So you can imagine how I feel about the missions that have you take on multiple of the things at once... An entire map full of pace-killers. Whoever thought that was a good idea should get their ideas checked out, is all I'm saying.

Personally, I thought they were at their worst in "Defeat X enemies in time!" (X being a number from 3 to 10, multiplied by 100) missions when X was a number of 700 or higher (or at least, seeing Gohma or Argorok in such missions, since most other Giant Bosses are slow as molasses and are thus easy to keep away from). Doesn't help that the targeting prioritizes Giant Bosses even if they're nowhere near you. Nor does it that if you are trying to A rank, you have no time to get rid of them, and even getting rid of the captains trying to boost morale is dicey unless the captain in question is weak against your character. For added "fun", the one in A1 on the original Adventure map has you dodging both Gohma AND Argorok. And The Imprisoned for good measure, as if the former two weren't bad enough. Ya ask me, though, they aren't nearly as bad as a certain dick move FEW pulls on you... Aside from that, the level 8 KO Competition on the Great Sea map was also hellish - having to go against 4 high morale characters who also don't stagger when attacked means that A ranking is likely going to suck, especially when Argorok, Manhandla and the Helmaroc King enter the picture. About the only thing in your corner is the fact that with the exception of Sheik, everyone on the Rogue Forces (Ganondorf, Midna, Ghirahim) is weak to Light, and Toon Link is forced, meaning you can easily defeat them - and you WILL need to defeat them to have a chance.

14. "Kill as many enemies as you can in X amount of time" is a mission type I've learned to absolutely despise, especially when you're going for S-ranks for weapon scrolls. I can't tell you how many times I've had to retry that stupid Archers only mission to get the Sol Katti scroll and it's not much better with any of the DLC maps that have those missions, either.

That reminds me, I can't stand those missions, as well as the timed onslaughts, which I'd argue are even worse because unlike in HW, where the higher level timed onslaught missions were generous with their time limit (10 minutes), the inverse is true of FEW timed onslaughts (I cannot tell you how hellish it was to get Brynhildr's scroll because of those damn mages, which I swear are the single most annoying enemy type in the game thanks to their tendency to smack you with cheap shots from their energy ball attack [or Thoron, in the case of Sages, and the 3 sorcerers] when you're occupied with something else; the only thing that can come close is the dragons since their drill dive attack hurts to get hit by if you have low defense. Well, that, and unless you have Marth, Lucina, Chrom, or Lyn with their personal weapons or a good mage, they take a long time to go down. Oh, and said map has Lucina spawn with her Falchion, meaning if you thought to use Camilla or Minerva, you better watch out for her, else you will go over the damage limit in no time). Also, missions with a surprise Velezark. That's even worse than the Giant Bosses in HW since the Giant Bosses generally don't take F.O.R.E.V.E.R. to kill (to put things into perspective, aside from Ganon, I only need like 2 to 3 minutes tops to terminate one in boss missions, depending on who I'm using; some characters can annihilate GBs in about one minute). Facinna's scroll was also pretty bad to get because of that damn dragon. (Sure, I could've just quit after the fifth round, but that's kinda anticlimactic when I've been otherwise doing well) Another mission type that draws my ire are tome/stone only missions, largely because those missions have a tendency to spam high resistance enemies. Well, that, and the fact that Tiki's too dependent on Awakening to kill anything in a timely fashion (other than Manaketes, if you had the SD DLC). One of the final missions on The Path Is Yours (specifically, the one where you use the Nohrian characters against the Hoshidans - the other one is laughably easy in comparison) also SUCKS - who thought it was a good idea to have Ryoma hopped up on red aura Gatorade charge your base, which he has WTA over?? Oh, and let's not forget Shadow Elimination, which tends to be godawful, since there's pretty much always something knocking at your base. It gets even worse if you either have to fend off shadow mages while your commander is a General, or if you have to deal with lightning strikes ravaging either your base or the field.

15. You mean obscure games I haven't played yet? Not right now, I usually discover them through what I'd call a happy coincidence. But some of the more obscure games that I have played and very much liked include: Shining Resonance Refrain, 7th Dragon III, and Nights of Azure along with its sequel. Though how obscure the latter is, I have no clue, since its characters were apparently popular enough to make it into Warriors All-Stars.

Yeah, that's kinda what I had in mind.

On the topic of hybrids: I find it much worse when the secondary weapon type does nothing for a unit in terms of weapon triangle. The Dark Knight and Grandmaster classes in Fates comes to mind, since equipping a sword or magic doesn't actually make a lick of difference, because you're screwed against lances and daggers anyway, unless you use a Dual Katana or Calamity Gate, of course.
I can at least get what they were trying to do with Basara and Oni Chieftain, because they can use magic to attack axe users and sword users respectively without being at a disadvantage. And even then, that doesn't really count for much, because you have Dual weapons and other classes that can do the same so much better.
I think Echoes handled it best so far: You have the option to attack with a sword in close-range combat, which made the Priestess class a lot more durable, because they're not slowly killing themselves with every round of combat.

Not only that, the point of being a hybrid class is defeated when one of strength or magic is significantly lower than the other, which is often.

16. Is artificial stupidity funny?
17. Does Luigi need to do anything to win?
18. Have you watched any of The Runaway Guys' videos?
19. Funniest running gag you've seen?
20. Which of the Triforce's three virtues (Power, Wisdom, Courage) do you most embody?

12 hours ago, Armagon said:

1. Thoughts on Pirates of the Carribean?

2. Worst sidequest in any video game you've played? 

3. Game with the worst gameplay that you've played?

4. Thoughts on Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE?

5. Favorite game of 2018 (so far)?

1. Awesome! I love it. Especially the music is epic. Johnny Depp is also a really good actor.

2. Blitzball in FFX, because of how much I hate that minigame, if that counts. If not, then I'd have to pick the gathering quests in Etrian Odyssey, when people ask you to gather a very specific (sometimes rare as hell) item. I don't have anything against these kinds of quests, but if you're unlucky (since gathering yields are random), these quests will clog up your to-do list for a long, long time.

3. Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology had a pretty dull and repetitive combat system. The game was fine otherwise, however.

4. I'm not too much into the "idol genre", so that's a bit of a turn-off for me, thus I don't know too much about the game, but from what I've seen, it is severely overhated.

5. Since it seems to be the only game I've played this year that was actually released this year, since I've been playing catch-up with a lot of "older" games, I've got to give it to Shining Resonance: Refrain. I really liked that game.

10 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Final set of questions from me:

1. Something you’re glad you tried, but will never do again?
  2. Something that seems to bother others, but never/rarely you?
  3. Something you want to like, but can’t for one reason or another?
  4. Something you wish had a sequel?
  5. Thoughts/opinions on the Elder Scrolls?
  6. Favorite/Least Favorite story trope/cliche?
  7. Favorite/Least Favorite character trope/cliche?
  8. Favorite/Least Favorite gameplay trope/cliche?
  9. Did you enjoy your interview?

1. I went into a plane once in a technology museum. I'm not planning on doing that one again, though I am glad I at least tried it once.

2. Bad weather. I actually like rain and wind, at least when you're inside. It's relaxing.

3. Fire Emblem Fates. I don't think I need to go into why. That horse is dust by now.

4. I'd love to see another Warriors All-Stars, actually.

5. Not a fan, to be honest. I tried to play Skyrim and quickly figured out it wasn't my cup of tea. I can see why so many people fell in love with it, though.

Favourite: I always liked the Chekhov's Gun trope. I think it's a good surprise factor when it's done well.
Least favourite: I hate when there is romance shoved into a story just for the sake of having one. I noticed it's especially bad in most American movies, where the protagonists usually fall in love if they're of opposite genders.

Favourite: Then Let Me Be Evil. If done right, this can make for the most interesting villains.
Least favourite: This one is a toss-up between the "flirts with anything that moves" and the "asshole for no reason" characters. Whenever one of these appears, that character usually ends up being my least favourite in any game / movie / anime / tv show.

Favourite: It might seem weird, but I like games that have some kind of Relationship Values system, as it usually helps fleshing out characters, their motivations, and their thoughts of one another more.
Least favourite: The Computer Is A Cheating Bastard. For the obvious reasons. (See the Pokémon section in particular)

9. Yes, I did. I was pretty nervous at first, as I didn't really know what to say, but I really did enjoy it. Thank you for your many questions!
I sincerely hope I haven't worsened anyone's opinion of me, though.

2 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

I. Which of the classical and Chinese elements do you like most?

II. Which of the seven deadly sins and seven heavenly virtues do you most relate to?

III. Hot or cold?

IV. Favorite type of sword?

V. Eastern or western dragon?

1. Of the classical elements, I like air, since my Zodiac - Gemini - is also associated with air, it was kind of a given. But I do like it for other, possibly personal reasons, as well. You obviously need air to breathe, but it also stands for rationality, love and happiness, three things I wish I had or have.
As far as Chinese elements go, I like water the most, because it is the most balanced. It is able to rage like a river, but it is also calm like a lake, which does describe me to a degree.

2. I'm a bit lazy, so Sloth for the Deadly Sins. Temperance for virtues.

3. Something in between, actually. I hate it when it's too hot, I hate it when it's too cold.

4. Two-handed greatswords are really impressive-looking, though rapiers have a certain elegance to them, as do katanas, so I'd say a toss-up between those three.

5. Both. I like all types of dragons.

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

While I find most everyone likable in one way or another, my favorites thus far are Lisette and Popo.

I see you're a man of culture, as well.

Personally, I thought they were at their worst in "Defeat X enemies in time!" (X being a number from 3 to 10, multiplied by 100) missions when X was a number of 700 or higher (or at least, seeing Gohma or Argorok in such missions, since most other Giant Bosses are slow as molasses and are thus easy to keep away from). Doesn't help that the targeting prioritizes Giant Bosses even if they're nowhere near you. Nor does it that if you are trying to A rank, you have no time to get rid of them, and even getting rid of the captains trying to boost morale is dicey unless the captain in question is weak against your character. For added "fun", the one in A1 on the original Adventure map has you dodging both Gohma AND Argorok. And The Imprisoned for good measure, as if the former two weren't bad enough. Ya ask me, though, they aren't nearly as bad as a certain dick move FEW pulls on you... Aside from that, the level 8 KO Competition on the Great Sea map was also hellish - having to go against 4 high morale characters who also don't stagger when attacked means that A ranking is likely going to suck, especially when Argorok, Manhandla and the Helmaroc King enter the picture. About the only thing in your corner is the fact that with the exception of Sheik, everyone on the Rogue Forces (Ganondorf, Midna, Ghirahim) is weak to Light, and Toon Link is forced, meaning you can easily defeat them - and you WILL need to defeat them to have a chance.

I can definitely see your point and yeah, those missions were hell to go through, I agree. I remember one such mission, I think it was the level 8 KO Competition you mentioned, that I had to try at least 10 times before I got it.

That reminds me, I can't stand those missions, as well as the timed onslaughts, which I'd argue are even worse because unlike in HW, where the higher level timed onslaught missions were generous with their time limit (10 minutes), the inverse is true of FEW timed onslaughts (I cannot tell you how hellish it was to get Brynhildr's scroll because of those damn mages, which I swear are the single most annoying enemy type in the game thanks to their tendency to smack you with cheap shots from their energy ball attack [or Thoron, in the case of Sages, and the 3 sorcerers] when you're occupied with something else; the only thing that can come close is the dragons since their drill dive attack hurts to get hit by if you have low defense. Well, that, and unless you have Marth, Lucina, Chrom, or Lyn with their personal weapons or a good mage, they take a long time to go down. Oh, and said map has Lucina spawn with her Falchion, meaning if you thought to use Camilla or Minerva, you better watch out for her, else you will go over the damage limit in no time). Also, missions with a surprise Velezark. That's even worse than the Giant Bosses in HW since the Giant Bosses generally don't take F.O.R.E.V.E.R. to kill (to put things into perspective, aside from Ganon, I only need like 2 to 3 minutes tops to terminate one in boss missions, depending on who I'm using; some characters can annihilate GBs in about one minute). Facinna's scroll was also pretty bad to get because of that damn dragon. (Sure, I could've just quit after the fifth round, but that's kinda anticlimactic when I've been otherwise doing well) Another mission type that draws my ire are tome/stone only missions, largely because those missions have a tendency to spam high resistance enemies. Well, that, and the fact that Tiki's too dependent on Awakening to kill anything in a timely fashion (other than Manaketes, if you had the SD DLC). One of the final missions on The Path Is Yours (specifically, the one where you use the Nohrian characters against the Hoshidans - the other one is laughably easy in comparison) also SUCKS - who thought it was a good idea to have Ryoma hopped up on red aura Gatorade charge your base, which he has WTA over?? Oh, and let's not forget Shadow Elimination, which tends to be godawful, since there's pretty much always something knocking at your base. It gets even worse if you either have to fend off shadow mages while your commander is a General, or if you have to deal with lightning strikes ravaging either your base or the field.

Also fully agreed here. Velezark gets even worse when, again, you give him a big target. I tried one Arena mission with a surprise F-you dragon at the end as Shiida. I don't think I need to mention that I didn't get the A-rank. I think I got the Brynhildr scroll by complete accident, as well. I'm still missing the second-tier scroll (I think it was called "oath" or something) for Siegfried, however.
As far as Tome/Stone only missions go, I luckily did find a way to get used to untransformed Tiki, so those aren't as bad for me anymore, but I can definitely see your point.
Also agreed on your ire against enemy mages and sages. They even seem to be able to tank physical hits suspiciously well, sometimes.

Yeah, that's kinda what I had in mind.

Not only that, the point of being a hybrid class is defeated when one of strength or magic is significantly lower than the other, which is often.

Exactly. I feel like most characters that can promote into a hybrid suffer from that (Beruka, Orochi, Hayato, and Nyx, to name a few especially egregious examples). Though I did have a severely Magic-blessed Rinkah at one point, who, as Oni Chieftain, did more damage with Bolt Axes and magic than with regular clubs, which was incredibly ridiculous.

16. Is artificial stupidity funny?

17. Does Luigi need to do anything to win?
18. Have you watched any of The Runaway Guys' videos?
19. Funniest running gag you've seen?
20. Which of the Triforce's three virtues (Power, Wisdom, Courage) do you most embody?

16. When I don't need the A.I. to be smart, then yes.

17. According to a certain video series on YouTube, he doesn't.

18. No, but I will check him out.

19. I used to watch a lot of iCarly as a kid and I remember laughing at how anything a certain character built started burning for no reason.

20. I think Wisdom would fit me best. I'm not exactly power-hungry and I don't think I have a lot of courage, either. So if you can't be brave or powerful, ya might as well be smart.

51 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

18. No, but I will check him out.

I should've mentioned that The Runaway Guys are actually three people - Chuggaconroy, ProtonJon, and NintendoCapriSun - who also have their own channels. They also occasionally work with others.

51 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

16. When I don't need the A.I. to be smart, then yes.

Which I find hilarious about Mario Party's AI - if they're not cheating, they're hilariously stupid. Case in point: One instance from the Runaway Guys' playthrough of Magma Mountain where Wario had enough coins to buy a star, and rolled high enough to get there too. Except (1) he paid 10 coins to try to go the other path, and (2) lost the roulette, which meant he had to go the way he went, only without enough coins to buy the star. And the Easy AI in those games is laughably awful to the point where as stated earlier, it's possible to just watch as they defeat themselves.

Edited by Shadow Mir