4Koma & Character Book Translations [COMPLETE]

Kirokan

Someone more well-versed with Japanese culture please correct me if I'm wrong (I don't want to spread misconceptions) but from my knowledge, I believe it's more of a cultural thing than anything else. Shared hotspring type bathhouses are very prevalent in Japanese media, at least.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

given how often people walk into the wrong gender bath time, those knives sure are necessary

Annoying anime trope is annoying.

Anyway, I liked the Felicia-Belka comic. It was very cute and actually made me chuckle.

EDIT:

I am getting gimmicky character vibes from these comic strips, though. Are most of the units in this game this one-sided, or are they not as bad as Awakening's cast?

Edited by Leif

In my opinion, the characters have a lot more depth than you'd expect from initial impressions. They might seem to play annoying anime tropes straight, but if you read their supports they're much better and well-rounded characters than the ones in Awakening (the fact that you have to read supports for any of this is another problem, but I digress...).

The whole shared-bath thing seems a little strange to me. Maybe maintenance or something might be a problem, but when you can create buildings out of nothing, I don't see why you can't have separate baths.

Someone more well-versed with Japanese culture please correct me if I'm wrong (I don't want to spread misconceptions) but from my knowledge, I believe it's more of a cultural thing than anything else. Shared hotspring type bathhouses are very prevalent in Japanese media, at least.

For practical, day to day bathing purposes, people would (at least in the modern day) have private baths. Going to a public bath is a social outing and/or special place to relax.

There are sentou (public baths) and onsen (hot springs) in Japan, but functionally they are practically the same. You soap up, rinse off, and relax in some hot water. Fates uses the word 'onsen' specifically but I don't think it makes a difference.

Nice call back to Ricken's Robin support. I like how it shows the differences between Tsukuyomi and Ricken, or at least their settings. Its good to see he's not just a boring carbon copy, ya know? I actually really worried about that.

I don't like Tsukuyomi thus far (if you don't want to be treated like a child, stop acting like one and at least eat your veggies!), and I was wondering if these comics will make me like him better. I was not disappointed.

Spells can be constructed just like that!? Feels like a mix of programming and engineering to me.

I've always wondered how magic works in Fire Emblem, especially since the previous games had durability. I thought they were spending the actual writing materials if they can't just memorize the contents and cast the spells freely, and Jugdral calling the used books empty tomes seems to support this.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Those comics make me wonder about the relationship between Mikoto and Yuugiri.

Mikoto didn't seem like the type that would have a murdeous woman as a bodyguard, but then again, that ruthlessness is probably needed to be the queen's bodyguard.

Who knows what sort of craziness you run in this job.

This comic really undersells her hard-on for killing dudes

"The moment when my naginata pierces the enemy’s skull is my favorite."

"If I could become a dragon like you, Kamui, I would have killed many more people."

"the person who did this had their throat ripped out in turn."

Edited by Wyvern_Lord