4Koma & Character Book Translations [COMPLETE]

Kirokan

Wow, if it's not even revealed in the route where things relating to Kamui's real heritage is part of the plot, then supports are literally the only place where it's revealed. This is pretty much bullshit. There was no reason to make Kamui not related to the Hoshidos other than to make them eligible for marriage. Screw this plot.

Did Mikoto at least reveal Shenmei to be her sister as she's dying?

That I know for sure: Yes. You will always discover that Aqua is Kamui's cousin in IK.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That I know for sure: Yes. You will always discover that Aqua is Kamui's cousin in IK.

It's like they want this to be Incest Emblem, seriously ;/

It seems they don't consider cousin x cousin real incest, especially in this game where the intended love interest is your canon cousin and many 2nd gen characters are possibly cousins. Nephew x Aunt and Niece x Uncle is also acceptable. The only thing off the table is getting romantically involved with your nuclear family members, and even then, the line is blurred. Accusations of incest in Fire Emblem may have been overplayed in the past, but it's undeniable now.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Ϲharlie, November 7, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Ϲharlie, November 7, 2015 - No reason given

Edit: Double post, please delete.

Edited by NekoKnight
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Ϲharlie, November 7, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Ϲharlie, November 7, 2015 - No reason given

Edit: Triple post, please delete.

Edited by NekoKnight

[spoiler=Story stuff]

I haven't played IK but since Kamui's heritage is apparently more of a central topic in that route, does Kamui learn she's not blood related to her Hoshido siblings there? In that case, for IK, it wouldn't (assuming you romance them after the plot revelation) be known incest to romance the "nephews" of Kamui.

Well, this forum went full out thinking Fates would be GoT stuffs before release. Guess they were more right than they thought.

It seems they don't consider cousin x cousin real incest, especially in this game where the intended love interest is your canon cousin and many 2nd gen characters are possibly cousins. Nephew x Aunt and Niece x Uncle is also acceptable. The only thing off the table is getting romantically involved with your nuclear family members, and even then, the line is blurred. Accusations of incest in Fire Emblem may have been overplayed in the past, but it's undeniable now.

Not directly relating to the discussion, but... triple post. Just pointing that out.

I'm praying for the localization. Probably not going to happen, but one can hope.

Not directly relating to the discussion, but... triple post. Just pointing that out.

I'm praying for the localization. Probably not going to happen, but one can hope.

Thanks. Not sure how that happened.

Yeah, I think Fates has too many weird implications for the localization team to deal with completely, unless they remove certain support levels for certain people. This plot just looks like too much of a mess for localization to do anything about, I would not be surprised if localization team was tearing their hair out over this game.

Kamui is super strong, eh? Don't remember that being brought up anywhere else in-game. Makes sense, though, being a magic dragon with a massive golden sword and all.

Although I'd probably gain super strength if I was carrying Nishiki too

I love how Kamui is like, "I have super strength cause I'm a princess!" and not because she's a flipping dragon.

Well, All dragons from the fire emblem series tend to be strong by a degree. (Tiki, Kurth, etc) But this does raise questions to how much the dragonstones suppress their power.

Well, All dragons from the fire emblem series tend to be strong by a degree. (Tiki, Kurth, etc) But this does raise questions to how much the dragonstones suppress their power.

They supress their power as much as the writer feels like it. Kinda like kriptonite in anything with Superman on it, it could do absolutely nothing in some stories just as it could outright kill him in others.

Lol I immediately thought of Zero when Lazward said "ascend to heaven".

I was creeped out by the grey Slender Man thingy with cotton candy pigtails, then I realized it was just the back of Pieri's head.

Edited by RidellCrimea