Batmafia!!! Game Over

Mitsuki

Hey sorry for being majorly AFK yesterDay, but I will be around especially since I have a bit of time lately to just chill and read mafia.

If anyone could help with a brief highlights of what has gone down, I would be super appreciative.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baldrick replaces in for King Gilgamesh (limited access during the weekend)

I approve of Refa's ships [Votals 2.1]

Mancer (4): Yoloswag, Proto, Green Poet, Gaius

Clarinets (1): Refa

Not voting: Baldrick, Tiny Goddess, Rapier, Clarinets, Izhuark, J, Mancer, Dreamer, Sniper Knight

61 hours until the birth of The Batbaby! Get the diapers ready! It takes 8 votes to lynch someone.

So now there are a lot of people who want to lynch Mancer?

I don't think i'm going to support this.

scum!Mancer could easily vote for Diego. At that time a lot of people were already giving arguments against Diego. Mancer knows how to ask te right questions and a scum!Mancer would easily survive another round.

But he didn’t.

In fact he was one of the first who didn’t vote for Diego ( or mancer ) and he stayed that way during the game. That gives me the feeling that he wasn’t sure that Diego was scum at all and since it was to early in the game to assume that Diego was going to get lynched anyway, that couldn’t not be a reason for Mancer to not vote for Diego.

Conclusion: Scum!Mancer would have no reason to not vote for Diego

Result: I have no reason to think that Scum!Mancer is a thing.

I think I’’ll be back this evening.

One last question for Refa: I looks like you have changed you’re way of posting? Why?

Diego should of claimed like first thing that he was Weak Cop so that people would know he scanned a Mafia when he died. Unless I'm reading the role description incorrectly.

Actually tbh it still might have been useful. If he died while scanning a Mafia during the Night but eh, we still probably wouldn't know who it was unless someone tracked him which isn't the case unfortunately.

Also if you can do you mind answering my question?

Clarinets, I understand you were almost subbed out, but is there anything in particular about your null readings that lean more towards Town or scum? Any two of them you think is more likely to flip town or scum?

Also if you can do you mind answering my question?

Oh yeah, forgot

Mancer: Dreamer has a pretty ingenious argument against Scum!Mancer so I guess I'm leaning towards Town!Mancer.

Izhuark: Clearly Town unless both him AND Refa are Mafia and made that entire ability scenario up to make Izhuark seem less suspicious but I HIGHLY doubt that, leaning towards Town.

I think I'll go check to ISOs out and see what I can find.

I actually need to go right now and will probably be back later tonight (might not check SF until tomorrow though) but I'll just point out that Scum!Mancer has good incentive to not vote for Diego because Diego seemed to be the most popular lynch candidate, and scum!Mancer would know that Diego is not scum, and therefore, scum!Mancer would benefit from not being seen as an active supporter of Diego's lynch. Lynching Mancer wasn't really a popular idea until much later in the phase, well after Mancer's last post (so he probably didn't think there was a good chance of him getting lynched).

Also, I do want Mancer to come in and respond to Day 1 stuff and such. His disappearance is really annoying >_>.

I've only just realized night 1 ended. I've been busy throughout the whole of today and it's now 1am at my side so I can't really do much right now. I'm just going to post a short summary of my thoughts from day 1 written yesterday while it was still night 1. I'll go into more detail regarding everything else in day 2 in the morning, sorry...

Gaius is likely to be scum. Apart from the points I raised about him in the day time, I have a slight gut read on this as well. Something feels wrong somehow.

I think Diego's whole "informative roles can always scan Izhuark" was because of his role but of course that isn't important at all right now.

Bal and Refa are most likely town. Izhuark is null for me. Dreamer reads as new or confused town as well.

I'm not really sure about Proto. Gut is pinging me that he's scum but my head can't find any logical reasons for it. YOLOSWAG isn't being helpful at all with his almost single-minded read on me and if he continues that, I'd want him lynched as well.

I hope that players also do realize that I was telling the truth about my being busy.

Nothing much more to say right now. I'll get into more details regarding my thoughts tomorrow.

Gaius > Proto >>> YOLOSWAG are the players I want lynched.

##Vote: Lord Gaius

Good night guys!

Gaius is likely to be scum. Apart from the points I raised about him in the day time, I have a slight gut read on this as well. Something feels wrong somehow.

YOLOSWAG isn't being helpful at all with his almost single-minded read on me and if he continues that, I'd want him lynched as well.

Could you please explain again and update your reads on gaius when you'll have the time to ? because i still don't understand/remember them. (it's not an indicator of your alignement tought it's just that i genuinly don't remember your case on him)

uhh... ?! Is this yoloswag playstyle that bug you or the fact that he have reads on you ? Because the later could be interpreted as survival playing a thing that i already reproched you D1. (if it's just your playstyle say it outright because otherwise for me it can be a scumtell)

uhh... ?! Is this yoloswag playstyle that bug you or the fact that he have reads on you ? Because the later could be interpreted as survival playing a thing that i already reproched you D1. (if it's just your playstyle say it outright because otherwise for me it can be a scumtell)

Well, I got bored and read through some of SFMafia's Greatest Hits, and in there he was playing pretty much how he is now and he was Town there although I skimmed through the entire game. I think he's most likely a Town member.

Oh, I misinterpreted your comment lol

Still going to post this as it sort of still matters

My brother is still in town for the holidays, so I've been pretty short on time. Unlike when I was previously giving everything a thorough read, I've essentially skimmed to try to catch up. My current biggest scumreads are still Corinthian's slot, and a new one of Tiny, although I will admit that her is a little weaker, primarily an emotionally triggered response on my part, and without digging deep and getting a real case together I won't be voting her. I'm still not feeling the Mancer case 100%, but he has continued his unfortunate trend of pushing bad cases.

##Vote: Sniper

This should tide us over a bit for the meantime.

##Vote: Sniper

Curious - is this a pressure vote to try and get answers from Corinthian's sub?

Not necessarily. By not being seen on an easy wagon flipped town, scum avoids detection. If scum!Mancer felt assured that Diego could be lynched without his own vote, there was no reason to associate himself with Diego's lynch.

I think Diego's whole "informative roles can always scan Izhuark" was because of his role but of course that isn't important at all right now.

Bal and Refa are most likely town. Izhuark is null for me. Dreamer reads as new or confused town as well.

Agree with these.

Well, I got bored and read through some of SFMafia's Greatest Hits, and in there he was playing pretty much how he is now and he was Town there although I skimmed through the entire game. I think he's most likely a Town member.

Could you elaborate on what sort of similarities exactly you noticed about his play between Greatest Hits and this game?

I will admit that her is a little weaker, primarily an emotionally triggered response on my part, and without digging deep and getting a real case together I won't be voting her.

Which response are you referring to here? And do you have any questions for Tiny, given that you think you'll need to dig deeper in order to get a real case together?

It'd help if we got input from Gilgamesh, Rapier, J, and Sniper. We have little to no information on the table regarding night actions, and because of that, this day is progressing like D1 was, just without Diego.

Prod dodge because I'm busy. Everything I said before still stands. But hey, it's not fault, it'-hey, look over there!

giphy.gif

You know who else likes Pokemon? SF's favorite British person, SB. But did you know that British people have sworn on oath to only marry other British people to preserve their accents? It's true! That's why SB x Shin is such a great ship, because almost any other would just be wrong (#CallingOutTheBBMShippers).

Not playing

You know who else likes Pokemon? SF's favorite British person, SB. But did you know that British people have sworn on oath to only marry other British people to preserve their accents? It's true! That's why SB x Shin is such a great ship, because almost any other would just be wrong (#CallingOutTheBBMShippers).

This statement is objectively false. ##Vote: Refa

Not playing

Hello. Don't agree with mancer case because I think he was usually jumpy when he played before.

Balcerzak has waffled on dieggo, mancer and tiny.

Has your 3/sniper read changed since d1? If so, how? If not, what are you doing about it?

I want non-mancer reads from people without them. We need to apply vote pressure to make people talk.

Phone is dying so goodbye for now.

##vote: balcerzak

Could you elaborate on what sort of similarities exactly you noticed about his play between Greatest Hits and this game?

His speech was either voting someone or explaining why others should vote for someone, like here. He never bothered with Null or Town reads.

No.

SBXBBM is clearly best. Their names both consist of just letters AND they both like Pokemon. Clearly scum, no true Town would believe this ship

##Vote: Refa

I want non-mancer reads from people without them. We need to apply vote pressure to make people talk.

Hmm. Let me go see if I kind find any.

Obligatory "omg why didn't Diego claim weak cop what a noob" proclamation.

Looking at his wagon, Corinthian, YOLO, and Clarinets had the least amount of connection with scumreading Diego. Me, Izuhark, GP, Proto, and Refa all showed some early concern about his slot, with some pressuring him most of the phase while others moving onto different scumreads. TG and Bal were in the middle ground, mentioning him but not making him a priority (or awkwardly elevating a scumread in TG's case, more on this later.) Dreamer, Mancer, and the flakers (KG, Rapier, J) were not on the wagon.

Corinithian: An easy place to jump on for scum. He's gotten flak for it that I agree with.

Bal: I think he was more focused on other aspects of the game rather than rehashing what other people have said, not particularly bothered by his vote.

YOLO: Was also mainly casing Mancer, gut/meta town.

Clarinets: Ehh, there's not much effort from him because he wanted to sub out. Gonna wait a bit longer before reaching a decision.

TG: My biggest problem is with TG because she doesn't really leave herself in a clear state on Diego

Diego seems to be the one I'm the most mildly concerned about. His unvote seems to be from a lack of confidence. If he really wanted to make an impression, then he should have other cases to worry about and be voting for them instead of backing away and leaving us in the dark without a lead to follow. Also I don't like how he's telling investigative roles to scan Izuhark because of what he says his role tells him to do. However seeing that he wanted to get out of the RVS, I can get what he's saying slightly. Getting a slight bad gut feeling. His vote was a little silly, that's all.

There isn't serious conviction in this post at all, and it was also after about 6 people had already raised concerns about Diego. This quote was also part of basically a giant null read on the entire game from TG.

Moving on from that,i'll get to the rest of the stuff that happened over the weekend.

So now there are a lot of people who want to lynch Mancer?

I don't think i'm going to support this.

scum!Mancer could easily vote for Diego. At that time a lot of people were already giving arguments against Diego. Mancer knows how to ask te right questions and a scum!Mancer would easily survive another round.

But he didn’t.

In fact he was one of the first who didn’t vote for Diego ( or mancer ) and he stayed that way during the game. That gives me the feeling that he wasn’t sure that Diego was scum at all and since it was to early in the game to assume that Diego was going to get lynched anyway, that couldn’t not be a reason for Mancer to not vote for Diego.

I think I’’ll be back this evening.

One last question for Refa: I looks like you have changed you’re way of posting? Why?

Scum!Mancer would know that everyone not on his scumteam is town (or an ITP which is irrelevant) and therefore not want to associate himself with a wagon on a townie. There are reasons for both town and scum!Mancer to refrain from voting so it isn't alignment indicative imo.

So Mancer's major scumreads are me and Proto, with very little reasoning for either. Seems like he's grasping at straws here.

...not too much happened other than that (besides the fabulous ships Refa has been providing us with)

##Unvote

##Vote: Tiny Goddess

Mancer remains my #1, but I agree with Refa that we should be branching out to different players and cases.

I'm still looking for a sub for Rapier!

When in doubt, lynch the mods [Votals 2.2]

Mancer (3): Yoloswag, Proto, Green Poet

Balcerzack (1): Baldrick
Clarinets (1): Refa

Gaius (1): Mancer

Sniper Knight (1): Balcerzak

Tiny Goddess (1): Gaius

Not voting: Tiny Goddess, Rapier, Clarinets, Izhuark, J, Dreamer, Sniper Knight

37 hours until the birth of The Batbaby! Get the diapers ready! It takes 8 votes to lynch someone.

So let’s write another post.

Macer: So, my argument turned out to be not as good as i hoped, i, somehow, don’t believe that he is scum. Or at least not more scum than any other. But it’s not my job to defend him. So i wonder what he has for other things to say.

But what do you guys think of this post? I was suprised nobody talked about it.

Hint: Some people rolled scum! [Votals 2]

Diego (4): Izhuark, Refa, Green Poet, Corinthian
Mancer (2): Yoloswag, Gaius
Balcerzak (1): Dreamer
Corinthian (1): Balcerzak
Proto (1): Mancer
Tiny Goddess (1): Gilgamesh

It is vague, But it still says a lot. Diego wasn't scum, so the hint doesn't point to him. And 'some' points to more people. so it is possible that Mancer is meant with the hint. Or a combination between, for example, Tiny goddes and Proto.

Overal i think that this can be handy later. so it's a good thing to remember.