Which was the hardest game you ever finished?

Darrman

Maybe for some people it was, but think about it that I've played them on consoles not on emulators, while every time when I was dying I had to begin again, and that is one thing I don't like, plus I was a kid back then when I've played the game :)

I've beaten them all on consoles as well. They have infinite continues, you know...

I'm impressed that no one mentioned Mega Man games from back in the days. I remember getting Mega Man 1 and 2, played a little Mega Man until I got so angry I broke them both even though I didn't ever played the second game :|

And System Shock 2 was kind of a problem for me.

I've always found Mega Man to be pretty easy. I guess that's my problem, I don't consider any game that I've actually liked enough to have beaten hard.

Mega Man games from "Back in the day" ARE pretty easy. Only really hard ones are 1 and maybe 3 purely because of the repeat levels which are ridiculously difficult for no reason and also the boss weaknesses are impossible to guess.

Now, Mega Man Zero, on the other hand... THAT was tough. Probably the hardest I've beaten. Although I feel like the hardest Mega Man game is probably X6.

Also I beat Castlevania that was pretty tough

Mega Man games from "Back in the day" ARE pretty easy. Only really hard ones are 1 and maybe 3 purely because of the repeat levels which are ridiculously difficult for no reason and also the boss weaknesses are impossible to guess.

Now, Mega Man Zero, on the other hand... THAT was tough. Probably the hardest I've beaten. Although I feel like the hardest Mega Man game is probably X6.

In the end its all about how much you've liked the games, I personally don't like Mega Man games except for the ones like Mega Man Black Ace, thats why I mostly gave up playing them, they simply didn't appeal to me. As for Castlevania games, I like them very much, vety big fan actually. I had some problems getting started with the games but after a little while I really felt they were easy. Edited by vonretic

Really? You thought Bravely Default was hard? I personally enjoyed the last few chapters. I mainly liked it because it gave me a chance to play around with new job combos. Yeah, the game wasn't too hard after you get Spiritmaster. After Spiritmaster, you can break the game on your knee. *coughShippujinraiStilnesscough*

I never said the game was hard.In fact, I found the game quite easy.What I found hard about it was sitting through that last few chapters and not getting bored to point I drop the game.While yes getting the ability to play around with new job combos was fun, the last few chapters were just not, adding very little to any story(Which is not even the best to begin with)with the exception of the little development it gives to the Asterisk holders which in the end are very one-dimensional with the exception of a few, but I will not rant about BD since this is not the topics purpose.

MMZ2 is the only one that's really hard to beat with all S ranks. I personally found most MMX games to be harder

Hmm... Diablo 2 Hell mode or Uncharted 2 Crushing mode. I tried the first Uncharted on Crushing, but could never beat it.

I generally don't play a lot of difficult games because I'm bad, but those two were painful. Mainly because I always had shitty gear for the former.

Treasure of the Rudras was also pretty hard.

Edited by Tryhard

From somebody with limited gaming experience, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

Because that torture sequence. Good grief, that torture sequence. I skinned my right thumb and pointer finger to get past it.

Hardest to get through was bloodborne.

I hate that game so much.

MMZ collection was pretty difficult though, instant death spikes and hand cramps after dashing around all the time was painful.

I'd probably have an easier time beating it if I played on an emulator instead of breaking my L button again.

I never said the game was hard.In fact, I found the game quite easy.What I found hard about it was sitting through that last few chapters and not getting bored to point I drop the game.While yes getting the ability to play around with new job combos was fun, the last few chapters were just not, adding very little to any story(Which is not even the best to begin with)with the exception of the little development it gives to the Asterisk holders which in the end are very one-dimensional with the exception of a few, but I will not rant about BD since this is not the topics purpose.

Oh, sorry for the confusion. Nevertheless, I believe that they were a bit lazy with some dialogue. I mean Praline said the same things almost every time. Then there were the dreadful Mythril Mines. Though, Bravely Default did get slightly difficult with one certain boss that uses a nasty combo. And then there was Qada...But yeah. After the fourth world, I got bored too.