Which was the hardest game you ever finished?

Darrman

I'd say SMBLL. Did it warpless! I have very few hard games under my belt, though. Why is Nintendo Hard a thing when they make such easy games more often then not? Maybe it's all the late-game stages. *shakes fist at Corona Mountain, Wing Mario Over the Rainbow, etc.* Other annoying moments include me struggling to kill loads of Mother 3 bosses, getting stumped on Pokémon Ranger 2, spoiling the whole plot, then deciding to grind to get off some ship, the jog through the Temple of Fiends in FF1 (hurray for Nuke and Knight-power) and THAT STUPID CRESSCILA in PMD-Sky's true final dungeon. My mons were in the 80s when the boss finally keeled over dead. (I stunk at many things in Gen 5, but that's because of me being a noob. I never evolved my Oshawott.) And since this is an FE forum, I'll tell you I've never cleared an FE above normal mode. Yeah.

I would say Bravely Default.It is not a particularly difficult game, even on Hard mode but those last few chapters are just so tedious and did not need to exist and they just got so boring that I nearly stopped playing the.It did not help that the ending was not very satisfactory.

It's probably going to be EO2U: Untold, once I get around to actually doing everything I need to. . .like getting the last bit of experience so I can take on a few mandatory things, wrapping up exploration of the last two maps, etc.

The game itself isn't very hard... But 100% completion in under 2 hours for the best ending? Metroid Fusion took me... over a month to beat the last parts cause I wanted a 100% run. The techniques you have to perform are insane. Plus, what happens when you die? Restart!

I would say Bravely Default.It is not a particularly difficult game, even on Hard mode but those last few chapters are just so tedious and did not need to exist and they just got so boring that I nearly stopped playing the.It did not help that the ending was not very satisfactory.

Really? You thought Bravely Default was hard? I personally enjoyed the last few chapters. I mainly liked it because it gave me a chance to play around with new job combos. Yeah, the game wasn't too hard after you get Spiritmaster. After Spiritmaster, you can break the game on your knee. *coughShippujinraiStilnesscough*

It's hard to say. It often depends on when you do something, because the more you play a game the better you get at it. For example:

The game itself isn't very hard... But 100% completion in under 2 hours for the best ending? Metroid Fusion took me... over a month to beat the last parts cause I wanted a 100% run. The techniques you have to perform are insane. Plus, what happens when you die? Restart!

That was fairly easy for me. I've played Metroid Fusion so much that I know where everything is, know all the bosses, etc. (Also, you can save in a 100% 2 hour run. It doesn't take that long)

The hardest games I've beaten would probably be:

Fire Emblem, Hector hard mode, S rank (and many other Fire Emblem games on their hardest difficulty, but this was probably the hardest)

Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne

They Bleed Pixels - If I were to pick one game that is the hardest I've beaten, it's probably this one

It's hard to say. It often depends on when you do something, because the more you play a game the better you get at it. For example:

That was fairly easy for me. I've played Metroid Fusion so much that I know where everything is, know all the bosses, etc. (Also, you can save in a 100% 2 hour run. It doesn't take that long)

Eh, I kept dying on Yakuza. Took me a while before I figured out how and when to morph ball. Easiest boss was Nightmare though. Spam him with missiles when he comes up, and eh, easy. I only managed the 100% run once. Mainly cause it was my first time, so... I had to look at a walkthrough. The speedruns of Fusion that I've seen are really impressive though.

I'm impressed that no one mentioned Mega Man games from back in the days. I remember getting Mega Man 1 and 2, played a little Mega Man until I got so angry I broke them both even though I didn't ever played the second game :|

And System Shock 2 was kind of a problem for me.

Edited by vonretic

Eh, I kept dying on Yakuza. Took me a while before I figured out how and when to morph ball. Easiest boss was Nightmare though. Spam him with missiles when he comes up, and eh, easy. I only managed the 100% run once. Mainly cause it was my first time, so... I had to look at a walkthrough. The speedruns of Fusion that I've seen are really impressive though.

Yakuza definitely takes time to get used to.

Funny you'd have such an easy time with Nightmare, though. I often hear that cited as one of the hardest bosses, sometimes the hardest.

I've always found Mega Man to be pretty easy. I guess that's my problem, I don't consider any game that I've actually liked enough to have beaten hard.

I've always found Mega Man to be pretty easy. I guess that's my problem, I don't consider any game that I've actually liked enough to have beaten hard.

Maybe for some people it was, but think about it that I've played them on consoles not on emulators, while every time when I was dying I had to begin again, and that is one thing I don't like, plus I was a kid back then when I've played the game :)

Of games that I have beaten it would have to be LoZ Spirit Tracks because of the flute not working for me for a month, of games I am working on but have not finished I would have to say LoZ 2 is the hardest.

The 7th Saga for the SNES. So stupidly, unfairly hard with lots of enemies being able to one shot you.

B R U H. I never could finish this game. You have a stronger will than i.

I think the hardest game i ever beat was Legendary Wings for NES. And Legacy of the Wizard for NES. Those games are pretty damn tough.

Of games that I have beaten it would have to be LoZ Spirit Tracks because of the flute not working for me for a month, of games I am working on but have not finished I would have to say LoZ 2 is the hardest.

Funny thing is that I had problems with the flute as well, until I realized that you have to listen to the metronome in the background to start the melody in a good time signature.