General Warriors Thread: Persona 5 Scramble

Jedi

Also question for the thread, what do you think DW9 will be? They said they were gonna change a few things to make it different than a regular hack and slash

Hmm, maybe they'll make the tactical elements more key? Or perhaps they are intending on trying something new entirely again like the 6 Renbu system.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any qualms with the current battle system, but I am curious to see what they can do. I think Renbu was a decent idea on paper, but had not-so-good execution. Actually, I liked how the skills in DW6E worked too, but I don't know if that would be tactical and not making things outright easy(easier).

Also, all I'd really like to see again is the duels make a return, preferably like DW6. I like the shift to a one on one in DW4, but I also liked how seamless the duels began in DW6 and with the troops surrounding you and whatnot. (But that's not new or tactical, is it)

Ohh! True, that does happen indeed. It's funny I just thinking about RoTK 11 before I posted

Give us some proper ways to confuse an enemy unit and I can see that being kinda fun. Duel strats go.

Also, this isn't really a tactical change, but I would really like for them to make the games less grind heavy and RNG dependent.

So, I've been messing around in Warriors Orochi 3U,...

And holy crap are there a lot of characters. I knew that there was 145 before I got it, but I didn't quite expect the game to handle it the way it did. New characters are just thrown at you at level 1, meaning you have to use BXP (I forget the exact term but it's basically Bonus XP) to get them up to a decent level. It's honestly a bit overwhelming, moreso than I expected.

Is it a good idea to have a core team of 3 or spread your character usage out? If the latter, how many is ideal? Yukimura, Wang Yuanji, and Sima Zhao are my core right now at levels 20-22 (I'd say I'm the majority of the way through Chapter 1; no repeating maps, just been finding some of the optional ones). Pang De, Hanbei, and Ma Chao are my back-up team at level 15-ish.

Are any of my character choices particularly bad, and if so who would you recommend instead?

So, I've been messing around in Warriors Orochi 3U,...

And holy crap are there a lot of characters. I knew that there was 145 before I got it, but I didn't quite expect the game to handle it the way it did. New characters are just thrown at you at level 1, meaning you have to use BXP (I forget the exact term but it's basically Bonus XP) to get them up to a decent level. It's honestly a bit overwhelming, moreso than I expected.

Is it a good idea to have a core team of 3 or spread your character usage out? If the latter, how many is ideal? Yukimura, Wang Yuanji, and Sima Zhao are my core right now at levels 20-22 (I'd say I'm the majority of the way through Chapter 1; no repeating maps, just been finding some of the optional ones). Pang De, Hanbei, and Ma Chao are my back-up team at level 15-ish.

Are any of my character choices particularly bad, and if so who would you recommend instead?

I usually go with recommended choices, because you have to spread EXP all around the characters. By chapter 4, you need to have all the characters and at least 90% of them have to be at least level ten. Always go with recommended choices, until you get to chapter 5.

Then STOP worrying about it, because the game turns extremely bullshit.

I usually go with recommended choices, because you have to spread EXP all around the characters. By chapter 4, you need to have all the characters and at least 90% of them have to be at least level ten. Always go with recommended choices, until you get to chapter 5.

Then STOP worrying about it, because the game turns extremely bullshit.

Need to have all the characters, as in actually "need to", or as in "highly recommended"?

I could wish for the combat to be as complex as Devil May Cry, but that would lose some of the games appeal I think haha.

I wouldn't be entirely opposed to that, or something like Ninja Gaiden except without every singe action you take opening up some different, and possibly irrelevant, move list.

Like, just use it to make charge attacks or something more diverse or more in general.

Edited by Soledai

I wouldn't be entirely opposed to that, or something like Ninja Gaiden except without every singe action you take opening up some different move-list.

Like, just use it to make charge attacks or something more diverse or more in general.

Yeah, although I highly doubt this is the change they'll be going for, likely they'll be changing things up from the dual weapon and triangle stuff with the weapon properties.

I dno it was fairly tactical in an RoTK game to confuse a unit then challenge their leader to a duel so :P:

In RotK 7, Zhuge Liang was a pretty powerful duelist because he had a high war stat (IIRC his other stats were good, but his war stat was somewhere between 90 and 100).

Need to have all the characters, as in actually "need to", or as in "highly recommended"?

In order to get the good ending(and actually continue the game) you need ALL of the characters. They're only a few you can past chapter 4, and they're exclusive to WO3U and they'll be recruit able later. So long as you have all the Wu, Wei, Jin, Shu, Samurai 1-3 and all the others except for Yinglong, Nehza(both forms) Susano'o, Kiyomori, Sun Wukong, Tamamo, Kyubi, Dodomeki and Gyuki, you'll be fine.

In RotK 7, Zhuge Liang was a pretty powerful duelist because he had a high war stat (IIRC his other stats were good, but his war stat was somewhere between 90 and 100).

That must have been before they retooled the war stat and added "leadership", I don't recall Zhuge being that great at dueling ever lol.

Dynasty Warriors where he can shoot laser beams is another story.

That must have been before they retooled the war stat and added "leadership", I don't recall Zhuge being that great at dueling ever lol.

Dynasty Warriors where he can shoot laser beams is another story.

Eventually I realized zhuge was great in dw3 multiplayer vs.

Also once I was Gan Ning and wanted to be emperor but every voter but me picked gitaroo man because he has 90 in every stat.

Edited by Sane Young Dog Man

Zhuge Liang gets so much credit in RoTK despite being terrible in actual history.

I mean, if Pang Tong had lived instead of Zhuge Liang, maybe Shu would have lived to see Jin, or even rival its power.

Zhuge Liang was just... bluh.

I mean, he was on bad terms with Wei Yan, who was said to question his... "brilliant" strategies, and even tried to demote him.

At least Lu Meng kept Gan Ning promoted because he knew his fighting capability.

One of his biggest mistakes was Liu Shan/Chan coming into power.

...Can we turn this into the Zhuge Liang hate club? That'd be fun.

I never did understand that, actually

Well its explained in the novel (But who knows if this is accurate because the novel is like 60% historical if even that).

Liu Bei didn't like the idea of Zhao Yun risking his life for a "suckling" and in the novel states that women and children are like that of clothing, but brave men are like that of limbs

Which is also why when Pang Tong dies, Zhuge Liang states that his lord lost an arm.

Edited by Jedi

Liu Shan was a somewhat competent ruler. Zhuge was right about most of the things, it's just that he's not very good at judging people ability. Jiang Wan turned out to be a disappointment.

Now that we have Liu Shan, I bet that Cao Rui is coming soon. We need more cows.

Edited by Magical CC

i want to point out that Liu Bei never spiked his child in history.

but he totally did that in the novel.

I tend to get certain facts and myths mixed up, since I dabble in both. My bad on that lol.

no problem, granted historical Liu Bei does have alot of actual bad points you can point out, but touch downing his son was something the novel made up to make him look GOOD to the chinese audience at the time it was released.

morals were very different back then.

Haha, it was, but now I'm imagining him doing like one of those football celebrations.

Liu Bei had a bad habit of backstabbing when opportunity opened up, granted considering the times. Almost can't blame for it, was kinda dickish though.

Haha, it was, but now I'm imagining him doing like one of those football celebrations.

Liu Bei had a bad habit of backstabbing when opportunity opened up, granted considering the times. Almost can't blame for it, was kinda dickish though.

Historical Liu Bei was by no means a saint, with that said he was still a very competent fighter and thinker, so he was a dangerous man even without all the backstabbing.

i wanna say right now that i don't like how white washed Liu Bei has been since DW6 in the series, with that said, he was more sympathetic in the three kingdoms 2010 series, even tho he did do the baby touchdown in it, if only because he was alot more human.(the show humanized a lot of its characters compared to the novel.)

granted i don't like Liu Bei in general and i don't think i ever will, but i tolerated him a lot more when he felt more like a human figure and less like Chinese Jesus (thats Zhang Jiao obviously lol jking)