General Warriors Thread: Persona 5 Scramble

Jedi

Honestly its kinda weird that Shu is shown as the epitome of morality or something in DW when Liu Bei is probably the most morally questionable out of the initial version of 3 Kings(i mean initial because nowadays Sun Quan is actually considered as the actual ruler of Wu lol)

While some of it could be attributed to how hard he need to climb(going from being essentially bandits), compared to Sun Jian and Cao Cao, it just really, REALLY sticks out.

Edited by JSND

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly its kinda weird that Shu is shown as the epitome of morality or something in DW when Liu Bei is probably the most morally questionable out of the initial version of 3 Kings(i mean initial because nowadays Sun Quan is actually considered as the actual ruler of Wu lol)

While some of it could be attributed to how hard he need to climb(going from being essentially bandits), compared to Sun Jian and Cao Cao, it just really, REALLY sticks out.

i wanna say right now that liu bei deserves to be respected and treated as an important Chinese historical figure, that dude worked long and hard without any progress to really show until later in his life, that kinda stuff would break most men, in addition his Silver Tongue was no doubt, the best part about himself and he would make very good use of this ability to secure the loyalty of various generals and ministers, i dunno what he did to get and keep Guan Yu on his side despite Cao Cao's good treatment of him, but that is impressive. thats why he almost always has max(or close) charisma in the romance games.

it does kill me that the series hasn't been showing this Silver Tongue off as well as it should be, i mean he should be as awe inspiring as Cao Cao himself, seeing how once Liu Bei managed to get a foothold of the land, it snowballed into handing Cao Cao his ass several times in a row that surely would've continued if it weren't for Wu's attack at Jing Providence, but i'll save that part for another time because Jing Providence is one of the hottest topics of debate that can get very ugly on message boards.

but yeah, Koei, pls add some prince charming into Liu Bei again.

it just kills me that this Silver Tongue

Historical Liu Bei was by no means a saint, with that said he was still a very competent fighter and thinker, so he was a dangerous man even without all the backstabbing.

i wanna say right now that i don't like how white washed Liu Bei has been since DW6 in the series, with that said, he was more sympathetic in the three kingdoms 2010 series, even tho he did do the baby touchdown in it, if only because he was alot more human.(the show humanized a lot of its characters compared to the novel.)

granted i don't like Liu Bei in general and i don't think i ever will, but i tolerated him a lot more when he felt more like a human figure and less like Chinese Jesus (thats Zhang Jiao obviously lol jking)

I've always liked Shu, even without the RoTK stuff, I always thought their constant struggles and eventually getting a foothold was impressive, (which you just mentioned in a more recent post).

I appreciate Koei giving more to Cao Cao and the Sun family. Although I am saddened that DW8 had little to no early Wu stuff considering thats my favorite part of Wu, is the Jian and Ce stuff.

*derail in 3...2...1...*

Wait... Ranmaru Mori is MALE???!!! What...? WHAT?

(Still doesn't change the fact his charge attacks are slow as molasses.)

Sorry. Back to the discussion.

Haha! Ranmaru strikes again, he was actually very feminine looking in Japanese history too. So at least thats accurate!

I like his normal attacks, the only charge attack I like really is the BLADE BEAM.

Edited by Jedi

*derail in 3...2...1...*

i know its hard to believe at first due to being nobunaga's page/next in line/bodyguard/boytoy, but yeah ranmaru's a guy.

the surname of Maru does give that away tho because its a typical ending first name of a man in japan.

Wu always gets the back seat in media, granted thats kinda what they were in history as well, but there are still interesting early events they could do, or even get into the political backstabbing of late Wu.

*derail in 3...2...1...*

Ranmaru is indeed male. Did you not notice it?

Historically, Ranmaru did look like a woman, and he was one of Nobunaga's lovers.. Probably.

*derail in 3...2...1...*

Haha, I'm sure many of us who didn't already know had this same reaction.

He's very deceptive in appearance, luckily Samurai Warriors 4 makes him look somewhat more male.

They really need to make Sun Ben portion of Wu a thing in the game lol

I do agree, another relevant Sun would be nice to see.

Edited by Soledai

Haha! Ranmaru strikes again, he was actually very feminine looking in Japanese history too. So at least thats accurate!

I like his normal attacks, the only charge attack I like really is the BLADE BEAM.

Ranmaru moveset is the shit. You can really feel the power coming from his slash and honestly its probably the manliest and heaviest moveset in the game(back in WO2). Just all around pure power slashes its awesome

Ranmaru moveset is the shit. You can really feel the power coming from his slash and honestly its probably the manliest and heaviest moveset in the game(back in WO2). Just all around pure power slashes its awesome

I'm playing Orochi 3U, and he's one of the few characters I can't "get". In the time I get one combo off with Ranmaru I would've already killed the officer (and everybody else around him) with Sima Zhao, Gaun Ping, or Keiji Maeda (and Zhuge Dan, and Sanada Yukimura, and Pang De, and...).

He feels like Kunoichi's (the other character I absolutely can't "get" so far) opposite; while Kunoichi is doing scratch damage and overshooting everyone, Ranmaru is hitting the ground where the were two seconds ago and leaving himself wide open.

Is there a secret to him, or did 3 just nerf him badly?

Edited by The DanMan

Ranmaru's trick is that he uses power attacks. Mash that Triangle button.

It's not as bad as Gracia, and no one is as bad as Gracia

What characters do you have? Do you have all of them so far? What chapter are you on?

Edited by Shadowfrost Zenbiniar

Ranmaru's trick is that he uses power attacks. Mash that Triangle button.

It's not as bad as Gracia, and no one is as bad as Gracia

What characters do you have? Do you have all of them so far? What chapter are you on?

i love Gracia as a character but good lord she is the prime example of never bring a fist to a weapon fight.

i know her main shit is kung fu magic, but she's be better if she focused on one or the other.

i love Gracia as a character but good lord she is the prime example of never bring a fist to a weapon fight.

i know her main shit is kung fu magic, but she's be better if she focused on one or the other.

Gracia is a half glass filled character, to me. I can like and hate her at points.

Sadly Koei realized that the horse trick for Gracia exists and they got rid of it. Also, laser beams

Also if I can say one thing on Gracia in general, her counterpart in history and Nobunaga's Ambition is pretty great, all things considered.

The part where she's everyone's daughter and the child of Mitsuhide and Motochika isn't.

Edited by Shadowfrost Zenbiniar

b/c motochikas friendship with mitsuhide

Magoichi is pretty good, man

only problem i ever really have with him is his C1. It's mostly an accuracy problem on my part

too many instances where i try to break an officers guard and i just barely miss them :T

Basara Magoichi is the best

I still remember in Samurai Warriors 2, where his last mission is literally getting into position to snipe Nobunaga. It was pretty intense.

b/c motochikas friendship with mitsuhide

Magoichi is pretty good, man

only problem i ever really have with him is his C1. It's mostly an accuracy problem on my part

too many instances where i try to break an officers guard and i just barely miss them :T

i met to say that i'm fine with magoichi's relationship with gracia because he's fictional, i'm fine with the dude and enjoy putting bullet holes into peoples.

I still remember in Samurai Warriors 2, where his last mission is literally getting into position to snipe Nobunaga. It was pretty intense.

i remember his last mission was to defeat mitsuhide while being on hideyoshi's side.

i met to say that i'm fine with magoichi's relationship with gracia because he's fictional, i'm fine with the dude and enjoy putting bullet holes into peoples.

i remember his last mission was to defeat mitsuhide while being on hideyoshi's side.

Hmm, whoops again, been years. SECOND TO LAST, I shall fix it.

I think you would like his missions in Samurai Warriors 1 then.

Nearly all of his missions involve you sniping Nobunaga, and they were tricky to get too.

I think you would like his missions in Samurai Warriors 1 then.

Nearly all of his missions involve you sniping Nobunaga, and they were tricky to get too.

That does sound interesting, also did you like the tower mode in SW2? Or for that matter the endless and random Xtreme mode in the various Xtreme Legends games?

I'm still mildy annoyed that all of Nagamasa's story was a dream in 2 lol like I know in the grand scheme of things he didn't last long but... comeon, I haven't played 4 or 4-II yet so I dno what they've done with him

Edited by Jedi

That does sound interesting, also did you like the tower mode in SW2? Or for that matter the endless and random Xtreme mode in the various Xtreme Legends games?

I'm still mildy annoyed that all of Nagamasa's story was a dream in 2 lol, I haven't played 4 or 4-II yet so I dno what they've done with him

I liked the tower modes, and my favorite mode in any warriors game is(Or should I say, was) Xtreme mode, actually. I want them to come back, even if they end up too easy because of current gameplay mechanics.

Also that reminds me, in SW1, in the abyss mode, if you make it to the 30th floor you can actually fight Lu Bu.

His story is more historical now, and as a result it's really short, I think he has 4 stages or so.

Edited by Soledai

I liked the tower modes, and my favorite mode in any warriors game is(Or should I say, was) Xtreme mode, actually. I want them to come back, even if they end up too easy because of current gameplay mechanics.

Also that reminds me, in SW1, in the abyss mode, if you make it to the 30th floor you can actually fight Lu Bu.

His story is more historical now, and as a result it's really short, I think he has 4 stages or so.

Nice to see someone else enjoys those.

I heard about the Lu Bu fight, even got a SW styled Remix too iirc.

4 stages? Not bad I suppose, he still using his Knight Lance?

that still more stages that Cao Ren got to play on in DW6,7, and 8 combined.

a-atleast WO2 still loves you Cao Ren ;_;

Poor Cao Ren, dude was hardcore and he doesn't get much attention :/

Heres hoping Cao Ren gets more stages in DW9 and had his Jiangling rampage added as a stage. His DW8 moveset is ridiculously fun. He basically make everything explode and then runs around charging to make sure everything's ded

then again the only reason Cao Ren did not had many stages in DW8 is because it would make the game too easy