General Warriors Thread: Persona 5 Scramble

Jedi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So

XL brings a lot of new characters to each game, and with this large amount of characters comes issues with balancing.

You know what that means:

Top 5 worst stages go. Nanman DW3/4 does not count.

Off the top of my head, I can easily say they came from DW6 and 8

He Fei Castle DW6

He Fei Castle DW8

Wuzhang Plains DW6

Wuzhang Plains DW8

Battle of Nanjun DW8

There are so many more, especially from those, but I'll just list what comes to mind first.

So

XL brings a lot of new characters to each game, and with this large amount of characters comes issues with balancing.

You know what that means:

Top 5 worst stages go. Nanman DW3/4 does not count.

but Nanman of 3/4 is clearly one of the worst maps ever.

anyways, i'd have to say it involves any stage with a secret objective that there's no way you'd figure it out with a guide, like the battle vs the magical old man in DW8 on Wu's side, to get to the hypothetical route you had to go off the beaten path to a random ass room and destroy a pot., who would even go there or do that without knowing first hand?

also i'm putting WO2 Wu's final stage on here because the fire attack kills your frame rate, actually Chi Bi kills your frame rate most of the time period.

I remember when I was younger disliking the DW4 battle

Assault on Liu Biao

Because the trap they lure Sun Jian into, I wasn't 100% sure the first few times how exactly to get him out, but its alot easier now lmao.

My solution when I was younger was to just be Sun Jian.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually come to think of it, I didn't like the layout of quite a bit of DW8's stages, the aesthetic was nice, but traversing some of them, was not.

That said, I'll do the reverse:

5 stages you liked? Have at it

Fan Castle, DW7 after it flooded stands out clearly to me. (due in no small part to DW7XL)

Yiling, DW6 when you're near the river and the sun shines off of it, nice. I know that game reused a lot of maps, so I think it was Yiling

Hefei, DW8

Xiapi, DW8

Guan Yu's escape, DW5 (Had good music, and it was pretty much officers only)

Edited by Soledai

DW4 Wu Zhang Plains had such an awkward mechanic

WO1 Shu second or third mission where you need to rescue Yue Ying. Its WAY over the difficulty spike, and is super tedious at times

WO1 the stage where you recruit Keiji Maeda. Seriously all you do is push drums or some shit. Theres many other stages in WO that had special objectives to unlock a specific character, and none of them is as annoying as this shit

DW4 battle vs Ma Chao when you want to unlock Shadow Harness - it had such an awkward timing that you need to do ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING just right

Also yeah WU Finale with the Fire Attack in WO2 is so shit.

Also the less mention about DW6, especially stages with TONS of swimming, the better

Edited by JSND

one of the most frustrating battles was

Race against the Dragon of Oshu in SB3, where you have to chase Masamune and Kojurou across the map, and if you're using Kanbei or Yoshitsugu, it's nigh impossible

Also, Rescue of the Heavenly Emperor in WO3U. But that's more buggy than anything. Using Cai Wenji and Sima Yi in a stage where they can die easily is not okay. It's also the place where you get Mitsuhide's fifth weapon, so.

And finally, the any battle in SW4, 4-II or Chronicles 3 where you can't let three officers die. That's just annoying as shit.

I hated getting rare weapons in SW4-II so much it made no sense, thus I didn't do it, and that's a first for me.

I just used the dlc weapons for every character and called it a day. For some reason, I really don't like playing that game.

Edited by Soledai

Least favourite stages are the battle of Mt. Jiangdong in WO3, and both 7-X and 8 of Shu in Warriors Orochi.

Also most of the Jin campaign in DW8, never liked Jin.

Anyway there's two empty spaces on the HW Legends character select, who's guessing what for DLC?

Also I'm guessing Naotora Ii coming to DoA5 is probably too off topic

I'd need to re-familiarize myself with LoZ before I could make some guesses, but hold on..

Also I'm guessing Naotora Ii coming to DoA5 is probably too off topic

What?

I've never heard of this, but it doesn't surprise me in hindsight

But yeah, I always thought they'd use Yueying, Xingcai, Lianshi, a Wu princess, Caji, Yuanji, or Kuniochi

Well, nobody in DoA uses their weapons, so I suppose she is the best fit.

Edited by BrightBow

• 2 months later...

So its been awhile since this thread has been active, I think I have something to spice it up a bit however. (Note this trailer is in Japanese)

http://nichegamer.com/2016/04/21/debut-trailer-strategy-rpg/

Koei Tecmo has shared the debut trailer for their newly announced strategy RPG entry within the Dynasty Warriors series, Dynasty Warriors: Eiketsuden.

Featured above, the roughly minute and a half trailer gives us a look at the new strategy RPG, which focuses on protagonist Zhao Yun (also from the Dynasty Warriors series).

Dynasty Warriors: Eiketsuden is launching across PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PS Vita in Japan sometime this year.

We have no idea if this will be going outside of Japan, the shift is kind of strange, but then again we did have the Dynasty Tactics series. Makes me wonder why they didn't just use that title and go with Dynasty Tactics 3? But then again I guess the name Dynasty Warriors or Shin Sangokumusō as its known in Japan. Makes more sales.

So what do you think of a tactics based game? Although the trailer seems to indicate its fairly new in development... I think lol, but anyways. Yeah Dynasty Tactics was really great, and this has alot to live up, especially Dynasty Tactics 2.

However, now I know why Eiketsuden is the name, doing some research, the Eiketsuden (Lit. Legend of a Brave Hero) series seems to be a running franchise of sorts.

Starting with Sangokushi Eiketsuden, which focused on Liu Bei, and apparently there were alternate endings and such, theres other such games in the series as well, one that focused on Zhuge Liang, and a few that focused on the Japanese Warring States.

Apparently the most ambitious title was Sangokushi Sōsōden, which focused on you being Cao Cao with multiple routes and stuff, and was around 60 chapters long. According to further research, these games play somewhat similar to Fire Emblem, but the exact similarities are unknown to me as of right now as I need to do more research into it, like videos and stuff.

They seem to have been mostly games for the PC, Sega Saturn and Playstation, so when I can, I'll do some more digging on this series.

Edited by Jedi

Ah yeah, I've been following this ever since it was announced back in early April.

It's caught my interest to say the least. I think there were also rumors of Jin not being a part of this??? But I doubt that.

Ah yeah, I've been following this ever since it was announced back in early April.

It's caught my interest to say the least. I think there were also rumors of Jin not being a part of this??? But I doubt that.

Pardon me for being late on it haha, do you know more about how it actually works then?

Nah, there hasn't been any real info on it besides setting and the two new characters; that trailer is actually the only thing they've shown regarding it, screenshots notwithstanding.

I'm thinking when we hear about it next, they're gonna talk about the mechanics and all that.

Edited by Soledai