General Warriors Thread: Persona 5 Scramble

Jedi

WHOO NEW-

It's caught my interest to say the least. I think there were also rumors of Jin not being a part of this??? But I doubt that.

This game is officially dead to me. Great.

Just watched the trailer.

The new characters look like they might be MORE Mystics, or they might be from a different series. Especially the girl.

Edited by Shadowfrost Zenbiniar

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This actually seems pretty interesting

well from what's shown from this

can't wait to hear more on it

It's caught my interest to say the least. I think there were also rumors of Jin not being a part of this??? But I doubt that.

that sounds something to doubt

people love Jin, why take them out?

This game is officially dead to me. Great.

Just watched the trailer.

The new characters look like they might be MORE Mystics, or they might be from a different series. Especially the girl.

that sounds something to doubt

people love Jin, why take them out?

Take that with a grain of salt, I certainly did. Though I guess it depends on how far the story goes.

I can see where the FE comparisons come from somewhat now

In retrospect, I'm a little surprised at myself for never having heard of it.

However, now I know why Eiketsuden is the name, doing some research, the Eiketsuden (Lit. Legend of a Brave Hero) series seems to be a running franchise of sorts.

Starting with Sangokushi Eiketsuden, which focused on Liu Bei, and apparently there were alternate endings and such, theres other such games in the series as well, one that focused on Zhuge Liang, and a few that focused on the Japanese Warring States.

Apparently the most ambitious title was Sangokushi Sōsōden, which focused on you being Cao Cao with multiple routes and stuff, and was around 60 chapters long. According to further research, these games play somewhat similar to Fire Emblem, but the exact similarities are unknown to me as of right now as I need to do more research into it, like videos and stuff.

They seem to have been mostly games for the PC, Sega Saturn and Playstation, so when I can, I'll do some more digging on this series.

Hi, person who has played Sangokushi Sōsōden/Legend of Cao Cao and was part of the small English modding community for that here and yeah, there are some similarities to FE, but also a lot of differences. I can, if anyone's interested, write up a list of all of the differences between the two. Also, LoCC (as we used to call it) was more along the lines of 50 chapters long for each route (although except for the ending two of the routes had exactly the same stages).

Edited by AzureSen

Hi, person who has played Sangokushi Sōsōden/Legend of Cao Cao and was part of the small English modding community for that here and yeah, there are some similarities to FE, but also a lot of differences. I can, if anyone's interested, write up a list of all of the differences between the two. Also, LoCC (as we used to call it) was more along the lines of 50 chapters long for each route (although except for the ending two of the routes had exactly the same stages).

That would be very appreciated thanks.

That would be very appreciated thanks.

Here’s the major differences:

-Generally, there is no permadeath for player units. A few characters who died historically (Xiahou Yuan, Pang De, Dian Wei, Guo Jia) can die on stages about the event where they died, but you can prevent those with a little planning. Them dying usually gets you a treasure.

-Stat gains depend on two factors; a unit’s five base growth stats (leadership, war, intelligence, dexterity, and luck, up to 100) and a class’s aptitudes (S-C for each of the five stats).

-HP and MP gains are fixed.

-You can actually skip stages depending on your actions in earlier stages. (For example, you can skip Cao Cao’s famous escape from Chibi if you clear the Chibi stage by beating Sun Quan’s army instead of retreating, or by keeping Guo Jia alive.)

-There are fifty treasures, unique equips that provide special effects. You get a few by defualt, and others can be gotten by beating certain enemies and doing certain actions.

-A unit can equip a weapon, armor and an accessory.

-There is no weapon durability.

-All weapons and armor can gain levels. Normal weapons can go up to level 3, while treasures go up to lv. 9.

-Stat boosters increase base growths by 2 in addition to increasing their stats.

-There is a type triangle, but it’s of units. Infantry > Archers > Cavalry > Infantry.

-All player classes can promote twice, once at 15 and again at 30.

-While there are mage classes, most units can use magic as part of their promotions or by default and have an MP pool. Mage units instead get weapons that increase their magic attack.

-Unit attack ranges are much more varied. For example, Infantry can attack diagonal as well as adjacent enemies at all promotion levels, and mounted archers can’t attack diagonally like archers until their first promotion.

-There is a dedicated siege unit, the Catapult, that can attack at 3 range by default and up to 5 range after its second promotion, instead of units being able to use siege weaponry.

-There are two different routes in the game. The first is partially based on history, and ends with either Cao Cao becoming Emperor or declining the throne. The second is much more fantastical, and I’m not going to say much more than that because it is an experience. There is a route-exclusive character on the fictional route—Guan Yu.

-All stages have a time limit, usually around 20 turns.

-There is a new game+ bonus for beating the game; if you clear one route you can start at lv. 6 instead of level 3, and beating all three routes allows you to start at lv. 9.

I don’t know how much of this the new game will keep, but it’s something to keep in mind, at least. A lot of these differences have been consistent over all of the games from what I've seen.

(Also, fun fact: LoCC actually has a very active Chinese modding community despite its age. The engine is super-easy to modify.)

Edited by AzureSen

Someone who's actually played Legend of Cao Cao is on SF?

I too am curious at the differences, and how many routes are there in LOCC?

EDIT: Well, too slow.

Edited by Soledai

Here’s the major differences:

-Generally, there is no permadeath for player units. A few characters who died historically (Xiahou Yuan, Pang De, Dian Wei, Guo Jia) can die on stages about the event where they died, but you can prevent those with a little planning. Them dying usually gets you a treasure.

-Stat gains depend on two factors; a unit’s five base growth stats (leadership, war, intelligence, dexterity, and luck, up to 100) and a class’s aptitudes (S-C for each of the five stats).

-HP and MP gains are fixed.

-You can actually skip stages depending on your actions in earlier stages. (For example, you can skip Cao Cao’s famous escape from Chibi if you clear the Chibi stage by beating Sun Quan’s army instead of retreating, or by keeping Guo Jia alive.)

-There are fifty treasures, unique equips that provide special effects. You get a few by defualt, and others can be gotten by beating certain enemies and doing certain actions.

-A unit can equip a weapon, armor and an accessory.

-There is no weapon durability.

-All weapons and armor can gain levels. Normal weapons can go up to level 3, while treasures go up to lv. 9.

-Stat boosters increase base growths by 2 in addition to increasing their stats.

-There is a type triangle, but it’s of units. Infantry > Archers > Cavalry > Infantry.

-All player classes can promote twice, once at 15 and again at 30.

-While there are mage classes, most units can use magic as part of their promotions or by default and have an MP pool. Mage units instead get weapons that increase their magic attack.

-Unit attack ranges are much more varied. For example, Infantry can attack diagonal as well as adjacent enemies at all promotion levels, and mounted archers can’t attack diagonally like archers until their first promotion.

-There is a dedicated siege unit, the Catapult, that can attack at 3 range by default and up to 5 range after its second promotion, instead of units being able to use siege weaponry.

-There are two different routes in the game. The first is partially based on history, and ends with either Cao Cao becoming Emperor or declining the throne. The second is much more fantastical, and I’m not going to say much more than that because it is an experience. There is a route-exclusive character on the fictional route—Guan Yu.

-All stages have a time limit, usually around 20 turns.

-There is a new game+ bonus for beating the game; if you clear one route you can start at lv. 6 instead of level 3, and beating all three routes allows you to start at lv. 9.

I don’t know how much of this the new game will keep, but it’s something to keep in mind, at least. A lot of these differences have been consistent over all of the games from what I've seen.

(Also, fun fact: LoCC actually has a very active Chinese modding community despite its age. The engine is super-easy to modify.)

Thank you for all of this information, I'm actually really surprised I haven't at least heard of this series, since I'm usually all over everything Three Kingdoms related.

Someone who's actually played Legend of Cao Cao is on SF?

I too am curious at the differences, and how many routes are there in LOCC?

EDIT: Well, too slow.

I'm a member of The Scholars of Shen Zhou, one of the last places dedicated mostly to discussion of Three Kingdoms history, though I don't go there much anymore because of burnout. (But almost a decade of studying something could do that to anyone.)

Thank you for all of this information, I'm actually really surprised I haven't at least heard of this series, since I'm usually all over everything Three Kingdoms related.

No problem. I still have a lot of my old modding notes or just memorized this stuff at the time and never forgot.

It's pretty obscure, even for Koei's older stuff. Probably because unlike Destiny of an Emperor 1 and 2, none of the Legend games got an official English release.

the legend of cao cao is super fun, if abit dated.

its the "glorious heros of wei" simulator i always wanted.

i can talk more about it or give out my opinions on stuff about it or playable units in it (which are all famous wei officers and diao chan/Guan Yu)

"Glorious Heroes of Wei" is a good way to put it. Wei's always been my favorite of the Three Kingdoms, so it's nice to see a game where they aren't demonized.

Cao Hong is the worst unit, hands down. I am convinced that his Int and War scores got switched during development.

Cao Hong has his niche for navel battles, but thats about it, his wierd ass stat placement makes no sense what so ever other then that he can magical tank somewhat better then the other foot soldiers.

also i got the glorious heros of wei part from another fourm user on a different fourm that said "if wei won the battle of chi bi we wouldn't have romance of the three kingdoms, we'd have Cao Cao and the Glorious heros of Wei" or something like that.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

I'm a member of The Scholars of Shen Zhou, one of the last places dedicated mostly to discussion of Three Kingdoms history, though I don't go there much anymore because of burnout. (But almost a decade of studying something could do that to anyone.)

I was a member there a very long time ago... When I was a bit of a snotnosed kid... Haha

A Warriors Fire emblem does seem interesting...even if a Fire emblem Warriors would be more so :D: I'l probably check it out.

Zhao Yun apparently being the main characters is somewhat disappointing. He was always much to bland to impress me and as a result he never ever did. I can't really see him carrying a whole game by himself.

I'm pretty deep into the Warriors series. I tend to avoid the Extreme legends and Empire spinoff's to avoid burning out on a somewhat repetitive formula but the main games I tend to buy when I'm able. The best Warrior experience would be the Chronicles games on handhelds though. The morale zone and special skills really do add some depth to the combat and that its so character focused adds a great deal to a series that carries itself by the charm of its characters.

Dynasty Warriors is okay, even good in a lot of cases but I'm much more of a Samurai Warriors guy. Each character is more unique in both moveset and personality and the story interests me more.

A Warriors Fire emblem does seem interesting...even if a Fire emblem Warriors would be more so :D: I'l probably check it out.

Zhao Yun apparently being the main characters is somewhat disappointing. He was always much to bland to impress me and as a result he never ever did. I can't really see him carrying a whole game by himself.

I'm pretty deep into the Warriors series. I tend to avoid the Extreme legends and Empire spinoff's to avoid burning out on a somewhat repetitive formula but the main games I tend to buy when I'm able. The best Warrior experience would be the Chronicles games on handhelds though. The morale zone and special skills really do add some depth to the combat and that its so character focused adds a great deal to a series that carries itself by the charm of its characters.

Dynasty Warriors is okay, even good in a lot of cases but I'm much more of a Samurai Warriors guy. Each character is more unique in both moveset and personality and the story interests me more.

Zhao Yun has been Koei's poster boy since DW5. Why I don't know, because he's never seemed particularly popular among the fanbase, but it's not surprising that he finally got a game of his own.

I'm more into Samurai Warriors and DW Gundam myself, and Hyrule Warriors is my favorite game in the series so far just because of how much fun the gameplay is and all of the stuff in it. It probably doesn't help that my last main DW game was 6, which can only be described as a disaster.

Samurai Warriors is more interesting and better than Dynasty Warriors, I agree.

meanwhile i've been playing samurai warriors empires 4 and loving it every single bit

I'm curious to hear more about the management stuff outside battles

It probably doesn't help that my last main DW game was 6, which can only be described as a disaster.

I personally thought DW6 Empires is how DW6 should've been like, but overall, I didn't think it was too terrible.

Zhao Yun has been Koei's poster boy since DW5. Why I don't know, because he's never seemed particularly popular among the fanbase, but it's not surprising that he finally got a game of his own.

I'm more into Samurai Warriors and DW Gundam myself, and Hyrule Warriors is my favorite game in the series so far just because of how much fun the gameplay is and all of the stuff in it. It probably doesn't help that my last main DW game was 6, which can only be described as a disaster.

Don't forget in Warriors Orochi 1 he was also the main character of Shu's story haha.

You should try DW7 and DW8 they got really back into form to be honest.

Man gameplay wise 5 is probably the one game where they manage to hit it right on. 7 and 8 got some time to get used to since they officialy made the transition from DW being a very slow game into fast paced SW esque game.

Which isn't bad by any means, since amongst other things it gave some characters their own distinct characteristics in moveset(remember when Zhang Liao is literally Guan Yu moveset reversed?) but the gameplay feel is definitely different from the classic, because the classic had a very slow engine and all.

Of course me liking 8 is definitely not related to how they turned Xiahou Yuan from a meh character into an overpowered Musou spammer :)

the management stuff outside of battles isn't too complicated, but there is some stuff to it.

like first off, every character has three out of battle strats, leadership, wisdom, and politics, the higher the better and these stats are used for out of battle management, named characters will have 2 unique stratagems that they can suggest, meanwhile generics either have one or zero, elite generics will have 2 with that said.

first you pick your strategist, which should be someone with high stats in every category, this way your income stats will be at a good base

you got rooms in your castle (which will grow if you capture more castles) that give off further stats, you place two officers with the corresponding stats needed for good boosts, but the two officers will preform better if they like eachother and become friends/family, if the officers dislike eachother then your better off putting in someone else, even if they have lesser stats.

and yeah 7 and 8 are pretty good games.

speaking of, each officer will like some characters and dislike others, Yukimura gets along with afew people like Shingen, Nobuyuki, and Kunoichi(not all of them ofcourse, but just the ones that came to mine.) meanwhile he'll hate Masamune and Kojiro Katakura ( once again not all of them listed cause over 900 characters.)

So, I thought this might as well be the best place to ask this: is it true that the Xbox One version of 8: Empires hasn't received anything outside of the first patch, and is "rendered unplayable" because of it? I'm seeing Amazon reviews saying that, but googling it doesn't bring up anything.

Considering pretty much all of said reviews basically say "the game is unplayable" and "get it on PS4", I have to wonder if it's not just some Sony fanboys review trolling.

So, I thought this might as well be the best place to ask this: is it true that the Xbox One version of 8: Empires hasn't received anything outside of the first patch, and is "rendered unplayable" because of it? I'm seeing Amazon reviews saying that, but googling it doesn't bring up anything.

Considering pretty much all of said reviews basically say "the game is unplayable" and "get it on PS4", I have to wonder if it's not just some Sony fanboys review trolling.

Considering the Steam version is kinda.. meh, I'd believe it. Koei loves their Sony platforms.