General Warriors Thread: Persona 5 Scramble

Jedi

Sima Yi is a pretty big fit for manipulating schemer, at least.

Shu though especially doesn't really have anyone that comes to mind that is morally bankrupt. Ma Chao is the only one I can think of, and that's mostly because he's a hypocritical zealot.

Edited by Tryhard

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing I dont like about DN in general is there's so few "evil" character. The only one who is truly evil is Dong Zhou and he's just a clown. Everyone is more or less benevolence, nice, good. Even Cao Cao and Cao Pi can hardly be identified as evil. I just want some murderous psychopath or a evil chess master who is really into destroying/controlling/schemming or at least a coward, dirty bastard who knows how to get around.

Fa Zheng, to an extent. Not evil, but his morals aren't.. There, with the rest of the Shu faction.

Also, Sima Yi, and to another extent, Jia Chong, but he's one of the well intention extremist type of schemer.

I don't know if popularity applies to Zhou Cang, but Guo Jia can vouch for popularity playing a factor sometimes.

I'm not sure either, i'm just used to that being the thing of late, such as Chen Gong being added via a Poll in 8XL as well.

A little late, but I'm pretty sure Zhou Cang was added because Koei's been obsessed with Guan Yu lately, and they've run out of family members, fictional or real, of his to add.

Aside from that, anyone have a particular character or characters they'll hoping will be added? I'm still holding out hope that Empress Bian will finally be made playable, personally.

Chen Gong was way overdue as a playable character, though.

You could say that about plenty of characters, like Yue Jin and Yu Jin for example.

Edited by AzureSen

Preferably Yu Jin, but I assume they were added later due to Wei's already huge roster(since I believe they're the largest so far?)

Shu has the largest at 23 including Zhou Cang, actually. Wei and Shu have had about evenly sized casts for most of the series; if anything, Wu's the one whose roster needs bolstered. at 19 characters as of 8 Empires to Shu's 22 and Wei's 21.

Shu has the largest at 23 including Zhou Cang, actually. Wei and Shu have had about evenly sized casts for most of the series; if anything, Wu's the one whose roster needs bolstered. at 19 characters as of 8 Empires to Shu's 22 and Wei's 21.

Damn, my memory is rusty.

Wu definitely needs more members, at the very best.

I doubt it's going to be many per kingdom added, I'd like to see Liao Hua at least for Shu as well. It makes Jin later stages pretty boring when there isn't many unique later generals. Wang Ping was also considered one of the most popular ideas for an add last time.

Edit: Ma Yunlu could be a female Shu add, even if she was a kinda obscure fictional character, I see her name floated around on some fan sites.

Wei: Bianshi/Empress Bian. Cao Hong, perhaps? He's the last tiger general that isn't in Dynasty Warriors. Cao Rui is possible for a ruler if they want to offload Cao Cao/Cao Pi but I doubt it.

For Wu, Cheng Pu, Lu Kang, Zhuge Ke, Zhuge Jin could all be later characters. Wu Guotai is another possibility. But Wu definitely need some more characters the most. Zhu Huan could be fun because he turned himself in on the grounds of being insane, I believe.

Sima Yan to round everything out for Jin. Chen Tai. Oh yeah, and Jia Nanfeng if you want an evil female character, but that's probably going a bit too late.

Yuan Shu has been missing for a while, and is a pretty big douchebag. Gao Shun/Hua Xiong/Wen Chou also possibilities for "Other".

Still, I'm more or less happy with what is already there without being too upset about few adds.

Edited by Tryhard

Really? I don't think Shu felt like it was lacking in PC's for the Jin stages (on the other hand, I only really have 8XL for experience). But I do think someone like Liao Hua could be a good addition.

As an aside, perhaps they can also promote Wen Qin to playable. Because clearly what Jin needs is another PC that betrays them.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I didn't play 8XL but especially in DW7 it felt as though the Jin stages were four Shu invasions (Jiang Wei pls) mixed in with rebellions. Most were generic characters you were fighting if I remember correctly. It was a little better in 8, as I recall.

Damn, my memory is rusty.

Wu definitely needs more members, at the very best.

For Wei, Koei can add Cao Hong, Cao Chun and especially, Cao Zhi. His reaction with Cao Pi and Zhenji gonna be very awkward since other than the rivalry with Cao Pi, Cao Zhi was suspected for having a thing for Zhenji.

For Wu, they can add Shi Xie, the dude was very famous but since he didnt involve too much into the fighting, people seem to forget about him. Zhuge Jin, Sun Luban are also a notable characters. Cheng Pu, surprisingly, has not been in the official roster yet.

Zhuge Ke would be good addition. He gives Wu another leading character and an enemy for Jin to face. He also ensures the Zhuge Sima rivalry keeps going.

Sima Yan to round everything out for Jin. Chen Tai. Oh yeah, and Jia Nanfeng if you want an evil female character, but that's probably going a bit too late.

I think Jia Nanfeng would be a better choice for a Warriors Orochi game. She falls almost completely outside the Three kingdoms story but she might bring out interesting reactions in Jia Chong. He'd probably be a bit spooked by her undoing his and Zhao's hard work.

I think Jia Nanfeng would be a better choice for a Warriors Orochi game. She falls almost completely outside the Three kingdoms story but she might bring out interesting reactions in Jia Chong. He'd probably be a bit spooked by her undoing his and Zhao's hard work.

I agree, the War of the Eight Princes is probably too late for a Dynasty Warriors game, there's enough already there. I consider Sima Yan to be the 'end' of Dynasty Warriors since their inclusion of the Jin faction, so we might not actually see him playable for quite some time considering that.

Edited by Tryhard

In my opinion, it might indeed take quite some time before the series ever covers the definite end of the Three Kingdoms era (the conquest of Wu), considering the time gap between the conquests of Shu and Wu (17 years). By that point, even those that were still alive for the former were almost gone by the latter. With the current PC roster, such a stage would be just Jia Chong and Wen Yang among generics, both allied and enemy (then again, they're not above of putting people in battles they've long died before they happened; I'm looking at you 8's New Hefei). An almost fitting end, in my opinion, but I can see others wanting otherwise.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

In my opinion, it might indeed take quite some time before the series ever covers the definite end of the Three Kingdoms era (the conquest of Wu), considering the time gap between the conquests of Shu and Wu (17 years). By that point, even those that were still alive for the former were almost gone by the latter. With the current PC roster, such a stage would be just Jia Chong and Wen Yang among generics, both allied and enemy (then again, they're not above of putting people in battles they've long died before they happened; I'm looking at you 8's New Hefei). An almost fitting end, in my opinion, but I can see others wanting otherwise.

Yeah, but did much really happen in those 17 years aside from Zhong Hui rebelling? Wu was naturally declining and pretty much had no great generals after Lu Kang died. It would be fitting, but it would be kind of a waste to add characters just for that invasion, and Koei should honestly be careful with all their additions now they have a pretty ridiculous amount of characters (so I shake my head at Zhou Cang a little bit). Sun Hao would be the only one that really struck me, and he could easily be portrayed as a tyrant. But it really would only have to be one or two battles.

It just seems strange because there is a fairly long period (for the time, at least) before the downfall of Wu where not much happens. That is a definite end to the "Three Kingdoms" timeline though, and wouldn't be much of an extension over what they had in DW8 (imo)

Edited by Tryhard

Yeah, but did much really happen in those 17 years aside from Zhong Hui rebelling?

Bu Chan's rebellion, which both Lu Kang and Yang Hu participated in, along with some battles concerning defectors from Wu and border skirmishes and invasions in Jingzhou. Not enough to make a whole campaign, but more than enough to justify a few Late Wu additions, if only to flesh out Jin's campaign.

Edited by AzureSen

• 4 months later...

Ohh yeah, that was a thing.

Vaguely curious at "State Combo" but last time they did something "new" it ended up being Renbu.
Still don't like open world, but I'd really like more battles, since we have the "open world".

Also, it's adding Cheng Pu, but at this point, here's the collective: "Took you long enough"

EDIT: Oh, just saw your Cheng Pu edit lol whoops

Edited by Soledai

21 minutes ago, Jedi said:

They finally have all 3 Wu old dudes, it took way too long lmao.

I actually thought he was Guan Yu from the scans.

Anyways, not sure how I feel about "more realistic, period-appropriate" attires. Zhao Yun doesn't look bad, but I thought DW8's designs were mostly a step-down from DW7's and looked duller (see: Sima Shi's coat of many blues becoming a plainer white coat with a blue breastplate). They should be making them flashier and more colorful, not less (though as I said, you can't infer much from just Zhao Yun)
Also hoping it comes out on PC/Xbox/Switch whenever it gets localized, since I don't have a PS4.

Edited by The DanMan

3 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Anyways, not sure how I feel about "more realistic, period-appropriate" attires. Zhao Yun doesn't look bad, but I thought DW8's designs were mostly a step-down from DW7's and looked duller (see: Sima Shi's coat of many blues becoming a plainer white coat with a blue breastplate). They should be making them flashier and more colorful, not less (though as I said, you can't infer much from just Zhao Yun)

In this day and age there is always alternative costumes, expensive DLC ones yeah, but they're there. Retro costumes of course would be included.

The paradigm shift out of the DW7-8 one is going to need time, but hopefullyĀ KT realizes this and will proceed slowly.

The "state combo" I guess would be: trigger hit, followed by a checking to see what state the enemy is in after the trigger, are they: standing flinched, guarding, knocked down, or juggled into the air?Ā Then after a string based on the enemy's condition, you get the charge attack/finisher, perhapsĀ also based in part on the enemy's state of being.