Are Sain's growth rates 100% accurate?

Alastor15243

His 20% defense growth is looking awfully small for the defense levels I typically get from him. I'm currently at level 20/14 with him and the averages say he should have about 14 defense, and he has 21. And a 20% growth rate is pretty ridiculous to get that blessed in, and I could've sworn I've gotten similarly high defense scores on him in the past when I played this game when I was younger.

FE7 growths are fully hackable and editable, so there's no question about it. RNG is RNG.

Even if it's not likely to happen, as long as it can happen, someone somewhere will have it happen. I mean, people do win the lottery once in a while, no

yeah personal experience means nothing

I only asked because that's how I always remembered Sain was, like, since I played the game as a kid. I always assumed he was a tank because I always got better attack and defense with him than Kent. I don't remember ever getting a Sain with bad defense.

I do. And bad speed. Bad everything but strength, really. Once I trained him and Isadora still outclassed him. RNG does not like me when it comes to Sain. Or FE7's unpromoted cavs, at that.

Meanwhile Rutger capped defense once, he's also a 20% def tier.

RNG's just a finicky thing.

While we're on the subject of RNG screwage, I was playing Tear Ring Saga and in 39 levels Narron got 2 speed points with a 20% growth. Pretty awful. Pretty sure I had to restart the final chapter once too but in my first try on that final chapter he didn't get speed.

Edited by Lord Raven

I mean I usually have super good Eliwoods, does this mean his str growth is better than the site says? No

PEMN.

Although I've had some very silly things in the past, a Shadow Dragon Marth with like 18 Defense for instance.

My first FE7 run gave me a 21 str Florina and a 24 str 24 spd Marcus. (I actually thought Marcus had good growths and that Florina has like 55% str until I looked it up)

I also had 30 Def Palla in my first FE12 run.

Edited by Gradivus.