Least favourite maps in each Fire Emblem game?

Icemario

Fire Emblem 11 Chapter 10 - You gotta handle that sniper with the silver bow very carefully or he'll murder the crap out of everyone.

Fire Emblem 13 Paralogue 11 - This map was just overall way too hard, especially considering the fact you've got villagers to protect.

Funny you day that, as I consider it the least bad of all the Sacae maps (which reminds me, the other Sacae maps can go die in a fire. Or a ditch. I don't care which.).

so you like the chapter with an 80+ avo swordmaster boss but dislike the chapter with a somewhat bullshit pirate boss

okay

I don't understand the hatred against desert maps. FE6 Ch.14 in particular is really good ... one of my favorite maps in the game.

Edited by Yojinbo

FE3: Book 1: Chapter 1 - I never liked this map, even in its remake. I found the design to be silly and the over abundance of pirates to be boring.

FE3: Book 2: Chapter 20 - I expected a more epic map when you face Hardin. Instead they reused Book 1's boring map design. Hardin was placed awkwardly in the south eastern part of the map, when he should have been at the top of a tower or large throne room. =/

FE4: Prologue - Boring map, with boring enemies. You could say that there are boring enemies in chapter 1, but Chapter 1 is 10x better due to the awesome map music. Prologue's map music is my least favorite in FE4.

FE5: Chapter 4 - Tedious map. I would have liked it better if you got Asvel in this map instead of Chapter 4x. You get a ton of sword users in this chapter and you face a crap ton of soldiers and armors. It's obnoxious and requires a ton of turtling and reinforcement blocking. Plus, you have to save all the villagers while avoiding the infinite reinforcements.

FE6: Water temple gaiden chapter. I hate gimmicky maps, period.

FE7: Night of Farewells - See FE6's entry.

FE8: Volcano chapter (forgot the name): I hate the Gorgons and their stupid stone spells.

FE9: Bridge Chapter: Another map with a gimmick. I find the pitfall traps more annoying than the warp spots in Chapter 24x in Thracia.

FE10: See FE9.

FE11: See FE3.

FE13: Tiki's Defend map. It was Awakening's pitiful attempt to create a defense objective map.

Edited by Leif

FE9 Chapter 26 was a long slogfest with a frustrating boss to boot.

FE7 Chapter 14/FE6 Chapter 4 are early game maps that really frustrate me for some reason

so you like the chapter with an 80+ avo swordmaster boss but dislike the chapter with a somewhat bullshit pirate boss

okay

I never said I liked it - I only said that I found it less bad than the other Sacae maps, bullshit swordmaster boss aside. And it isn't JUST the bullshit pirate boss that sends chapter 1 over the edge for me - it's the fact that the go-to strategy is based on hitting axers with javelins.

Edited by Levant Colthearts

lesse...

FE4: Chapter 4 - idk, the Lenster crew leaves and this map isn't particularly exciting after fighting Eltshan and the more threatening Chapter 2 enemies.

FE5: Chapter 14x - REWARPING DARK BISHOPS AND PEGASUS KNIGHTS ARE COMING FROM FOG TO STEAL THE NPC'S AND LINOAN

FE6: Chapter 8 is beyond stupid, as is the Sacae chapter where the real boss is randomized. People hate on FE4 for big maps but Chapter 8 in FE6 is worse than any FE4 map.

FE7: any one of the stupid defence chapters, Denning's Vaida's, Battle Before Dawn. I don't dislike BBD because of Jaffar dying or w/e, I just hate it because it's 15 turns and if you kill the boss no more enemies spawn meaning you just sit around for ~8 turns or so doing nothing.

FE8: Fort Rigwald. It's similar to Chapter 8 in FE6 but not as stupid.

FE11: Chapter 13. I love playing roulette with the ballista.

FE12: All the prologue maps. I love when you have to manipulate the AI to win. Also all the maps until the last one (which I do like actually) are small boxes. Literally all of the gaiden maps suck too. Wrys's is probably the least terrible.

FE13: Chapter 24? I haven't played the game in a while. The lategame route chapter that has no plot relevance and is just an open field full with risen enemies.

Edited by General Horace

I don't understand the hatred against desert maps. FE6 Ch.14 in particular is really good ... one of my favorite maps in the game.

I don't mind most desert maps, though that may be because in comparison to the desert map from Hell, pretty much all of the ones I've played are like innocent little puppies and kittens.

FE6: Chapter 8 is beyond stupid, as is the Sacae chapter where the real boss is randomized. People hate on FE4 for big maps but Chapter 8 in FE6 is worse than any FE4 map.

Even compared to the backtrack-heavy FE4 maps (chapter 2 is the only one that stands out for being such off the top of my head)?

FE4 - Ch.1: Long, very linear chapter at a point where you don't have a lot of the cool resources the game gives you yet. The huge forest with its big chokepoints is annoying too as are the recruitments of Aira and Jamka

FE5 - Ch.12x: The whole map is pretty much one huge 1-tile chokepoint with thieves and mages cockblocking your path. The thieves have like 12 bld and can still your weapons pretty easily while being hard to double and very dodgy. Tina also steals your stuff and wastes uses for the Thief Staff. It's a very trollish map, the only redeeming trait about it is the fact that you can warpskip it.

FE6 - Ch.S20x: At least you can warpskip the other gimmicky gaiden chapter. This one is just retarded.

FE7 - defense maps: This game really suffers from the amount of unnecessarily long defense chapters. It really kinda ruins the FE7 endgame for me.

FE8 - Ephrain Route: Has a couple of shitty chapters, some of which also have ugly map design. Ch.9, 10 and 13 are big reasons why I pretty much always go Eirika's route

FE10 - Part4: all of it.

I never said I liked it - I only said that I found it less bad than the other Sacae maps, bullshit swordmaster boss aside. And it isn't JUST the bullshit pirate boss that sends chapter 1 over the edge for me - it's the fact that the go-to strategy is based on hitting axers with javelins.

no it's not. in my 8-turn strategy there was only 1 mandatory javelin hit against a pirate.

4: chapter 7

5: fucking 24x

6: the Sacae route one where you have to rig for the right throne before I knew how to rig the throne

7: the Berserker, also defense maps are boring

8: the Taziel one

11: chapter 1

12: haven't actually finished 12 yet chapter 3 so far doing NM next time b/c I'm weak

FE6: Chapter 14 for being Fog of War + Desert Map AND also putting a mounted Cecilia in that map! 99Sofia is a bit more understandable, but Cecilia was unnecessary.

FE8: Don't know to be honest.

FE 13: Paralogue 3, for having the stupidest villagers who rush head-on into the enemy, and not being able to detain them like you could in FE6/8.

FE2: Just about any swamp map, really. There is nothing challenging about them, it just draws things out. Also sending a Bow Knight as a reinforcement against Alm as early as Chapter 2 is just trolling.

FE3: Rebellion of Macedonia

This map is just a pain if you want to recruit Matthis. But then again, why would you want to?

FE4: Chapter 2

You literally need to have Sigurd and Cuan solo half the map to get the Bargain Ring. The Pursuit Ring requires Arden and his slow ass to go completely of the rails, as if the game didn't hate him enough already. And of course, you have to worry about training Lachesis while keeping the members of her suicide squad alive. Such joy.

FE5: Chapter 7: The Shield of Thracia

I have no idea how to recruit Shiva without cheesing the map by killing the boss. This chapter just doesn't seem to work.

Tear Ring Saga: Map 15: Oasis Market

I didn't even know until now that this encounter counts as an actual chapter. It's literally Holmes' army against two little girls. This map is just a waste of time. And what is it with Holmes that draws dangerously stupid 14-15-year old girls to his group anyway?

FE6: Chapter 8x: The Blazing Sword

Hening. That's all, really.

FE7: Chapter 29x: Battle preparations

Oh yeah, forgot about that one.

FE8: Chapter 8: Scorched Sand

Giving how amazing the scenario is, it's such a shame that the map itself is so weak. Valter and Caellach deserved better.

FE9: Chapter 21: Without a King

It's long and boring. Given how the map is designed and the convenient presence of a second boss, I am left to wonder if Ena was intended to actually chase you around. But whatever the case, in it's final incarnation, this map is just a drag.

FE10: 1-9: One survives

This can be such a frustrating map and it feels to me like it's mostly based on luck unless you know were all the enemies are.

FE11: Eh, nothing really stands out.

FE12: Chapter 19: The Final Battle

Reinforcements are the main reason why I am probably never going to play this game again. But even by the standards of this game, that final wave of reinforcements really takes the cake in terms of being unfair. An utterly obscure trigger, and a ridiculously large amount of reinforcements who are more then capable of killing whoever stepped foot into that General's movement range, not even counting the Siege weapons.

FE13: Chapter 14: Your approval fills me with shame.

Due to Awakening's map design being what it is, I choose this chapter because this is were the game's writing goes from "Bad" to "Just what the hell is wrong with the people who wrote this?". And I suppose, those Pegasus Knights are even worse then what you usually.get in terms of reinforcements, seeing how they can appear just about anywhere.

Edited by BrightBow

Having thought about it, my least favorite map in FE8 is chapter 18, because while Sacred Stones' writing was already laughably bad, it hits a really big low there on Eirika route.

• 1 year later...

FE6: Ch 14 Desert, fog of war, items to collect and a time limit for a gaiden chapter, this chapter hurts me every time i play it

FE7: Ch 26 fog of war and defense, its almost as if elibe wants to to play this game blind, but this chapter isn't too bad after about 5 turns

FE8: Ch 6 another fog of war and defense mission, but isnt all that bad since your units can typically kill the boss before anything bad happens to the villagers

FE9: Ch 17 doesn't start off too difficult, but it takes forever and if you aren't prepared, you may have a weapon shortage on your hands

FE11: Ch 1 honestly this game doesn't give me much trouble so the slugfest chapter is probably the worst

FE13: Ch 19 the massive amount of open space and everyone being a mounted unit besides a handful of generals gets annoying

FE14 Birthright: is there really a hard chapter in this game?

FE14 Conquest: Ch 17 its called the ninja rape cave for a reason

FE14 Revelations: Ch 17 this chapter wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't attached with the previous one, and the leap up in difficulty really makes this one a pain