13/11 Attacks on Paris

Life

Like, what the fuck? Are you fucking kidding me?

For those that don't know, there were four co-ordinated attacks of shootings and bombs in the last hour and a half in Paris. Places hit were a restaurant (The Guardian says that it was a McDonald's), an Eagles of Death Metal concert and nearby the stadium where there was a friendly match between France and Germany.

Those are where young people go. People my age go to those things. I go to concerts and restaurants all the time (considering I work in one).

There's 9/11 but there's this. You can have all of your conspiracy theories about how it was an inside job but these are executions and hostage taking situations. These are human beings rather than some shadowy agency.

This. This is not fucking excusable. This is beyond inhumane. This is the slaughter of the average person who just wants to live their daily life.

I'm beyond horrified because this is worse than what goes on here. At least in Israel, there is a lot of history and mistakes by both sides. But in France? In a first world democracy that doesn't have an ongoing conflict? Are you fucking kidding me?

This wasn't an act of terror. This was an act of war.

EDIT: Globe and Mail claims that it was a Cambodian restaurant. And the hostage situation is over.

Edited by eclipse

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people are saying 100+ dead in the concert hall ;////

It was 100+ held hostage. I'm still looking for updates.

This is wrong. This is just too fucking wrong.

After this I am perfectly fine with a reaction of violence against the masterminds and perpetrators behind this. I wouldn't be surprised if it is the IS. Screw negotiations with terrorists and intolerant despots, if they can not live peacefully then they must be erradicated.

Edited by Rapier

I wish I knew more about international politics to really have an opinion, but this has to be an alarming event to countries around the world about how real the threat is. It looks like most of the hostages have been rescued at least.

Edit: I also support taking it to the terrorists and blasting them the fuck up.

Edited by Lord Gaius

There isn't much to be said here.

It's not fully confirmed, but I bet my ass this was ISIS doing.

There is going to be a war very soon, which always sucks, but I feel that there's no escape to this situation, other than exterminate ISIS for good.

Edited by Great Lord Diego

There isn't much to be said here.

It's not fully confirmed, but I bet my ass this was ISIS doing.

There is going to be a war very soon, which always sucks, but I feel that there's no escape to this situation, other than exterminate ISIS for good.

You realize that you're suggesting razing Syria and Iraq, right? Because Israel's been fighting these type of people for decades of years and since we're not allowed to raze, we can't exterminate them (I'm referring to Hezbollah and Hamas).

Even if I support the NDP/Liberal I'm not sure if it is wise to bring in 25k of migrants as fast as possible since the end of the year. (Without proper checks)

Edited by Naughx

Damn, 100 deaths is just too much.

Life is something that shouldn't be treated so carelessly.

That being said, violence only begets more violence. Is killing them off really the only alternative?

There has to be a peaceful solution.

Edited by Water Mage

Damn, 100 deaths is just too much.

Life is something that shouldn't be treated so carelessly.

That being said, violence only begets violence. Is killing them off really the only alternative?

Do you go to restaurants? Sports games? Concerts?

These are people who want you dead for the sole reason of you being different. And you want to fucking equate them to human beings? You think that they can be talked to? To be reasoned with? They would sooner shoot you in the head than be listened to.

And it's all because you're different even though you've never done anything wrong to them.

These are people who want you dead for the sole reason of you being different. And you want to fucking equate them to human beings? You think that they can be talked to? To be reasoned with? They would sooner shoot you in the head than be listened to.

And it's all because you're different even though you've never done anything wrong to them.

Even so, violence isn't the only option, you would be lowering yourself to their level.

Maybe I'm too idealistic, but I always believe that there a peaceful way to solve things.

And this is coming from someone living in a very violent place.

Edited by Water Mage

honestly going to war is a terrible idea

look at the last time an industrialized western nation went to war over some terrorist attacks

You realize that you're suggesting razing Syria and Iraq, right? Because Israel's been fighting these type of people for decades of years and since we're not allowed to raze, we can't exterminate them (I'm referring to Hezbollah and Hamas).

Israel had other reasons as to why take military actions on that zone, and we know that well, mate. That's mainly why you weren't allowed to raze. Because it wasn't "convenient" for the western world.

Now the western world has the best incentive ever to engage, and you can be damn sure they are going to jump on this. Now it's "convenient"

And surprisingly, yes, I'm fine with it.

And would "razing Iraq and Syria to the ground" like you suggest make us any different? Not everyone in those countries is a member of ISIS. There's like a billion Muslims in the world. If even one percent of them were terrorists, we'd all be dead by now.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

Sure, Mr. Rainbows and Sunshine. Let's just do nothing and wait for them to kill us.

Us Jews went through that shit already. Where we let ourselves be herded like sheep to the literal slaughter. But "war is a terrible idea" is your response? Fine. When it's your family that's dead from these attacks, I'd like you to be as peace loving as you are right now. If you are, you're a sociopath which means you don't actually care and if you're not, you possess emotions of rage.

I really hope you get the fact that if you lived in Paris instead of wherever you live, that you could be you dead.

And would "razing Iraq and Syria to the ground" like you suggest make us any different? Not everyone in those countries is a member of ISIS. There's like a billion Muslims in the world. If even one percent of them were terrorists, we'd all be dead by now.

You confused my points but the fact is that these are the kind of people who use human shields. I've seen this shit first hand in the West Bank. The only way to get rid of organizations like ISIS and Hamas is to get rid of everyone in the area. Because they'll be the last ones living anyway.

Edited by Jim Moriarty

okay

what happened the last time an industrialized western nation went to war over a terrorist attack

this is a simple question which you declined to answer because either you're too stupid to know or you're too angry to acquiesce that the answer implodes your warmongering stance

so let me answer it for you

it ended in the creation of the state that is responsible for these attacks

Words can't describe how disturbed I feel.

I really hope these terrorists are brought to justice.

EDIT: I heard all the hostages were killed, so does the thread title need updating?

Edited by ZM.

Sure, Mr. Rainbows and Sunshine. Let's just do nothing and wait for them to kill us.

Us Jews went through that shit already. Where we let ourselves be herded like sheep to the literal slaughter. But "war is a terrible idea" is your response? Fine. When it's your family that's dead from these attacks, I'd like you to be as peace loving as you are right now. If you are, you're a sociopath which means you don't actually care and if you're not, you possess emotions of rage.

I really hope you get the fact that if you lived in Paris instead of wherever you live, that you could be you dead.

You confused my points but the fact is that these are the kind of people who use human shields. I've seen this shit first hand in the West Bank. The only way to get rid of organizations like ISIS and Hamas is to get rid of everyone in the area. Because they'll be the last ones living anyway.

Trust me, I understand this. I know that if I was in Paris I could be dead.

Here in Brazil, things are very dangerous, theft and murder are sadly increasing every day.

I know what's it's like to be in a place where you could die at anytime, that I could die based on the whims of a random criminal.

And yet I keep a positive outlook in life, nothing good comes from violence.

But there something else more important that we should be talking about right now.

We got french people here at Serenes Forest, right? I know B.Leu is french.

I'm...I'm seriously worried about them.

I really hope they are okay and that they didn't lose anyone important.

Edited by Water Mage

okay

what happened the last time an industrialized western nation went to war over a terrorist attack

this is a simple question which you declined to answer because either you're too stupid to know or you're too angry to acquiesce that the answer implodes your warmongering stance

so let me answer it for you

it ended in the creation of the state that is responsible for these attacks

And you know why? Because they spent time there trying to pick out the evil and simply created more.

The only way to stop these people who are hellbent on your death is to kill them. And everyone around them just to wipe them out. If nobody exists, no more evil exists.

In plain words, it would take a genocide to stop these people entirely. And am I saying to do it? Maybe I am because I know that they want me dead for sure. But that's the cold hard reality of the situation. You cannot reason with these people. Sometimes, extreme measures need to be taken, even if it costs us our souls.