Trinity Mafia - Game Over

charlie_

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, that wasn't the way I expected it to go.

Crysta, Vanilla Townie and part of the Trinity of Power, was lynched Day Six

Paperblade, Vanilla Townie and part of the Trinity of Wisdom, was endgamed Day Six

Oceanbourne, Mafia Goon and part of the Trinity of Power, survives

Congrats to the mafia. I'll probably post a writeup soon.

Edited by SB.

You guys fucked up :(

Regardless, thanks for the game SB. It was fun. Except for the part where people were inactive and we needed like a million subs.

refa/yolo were right from day 1/2 lol. except the for whole bbm part. kind of dropped the ball on that one.

I voted BBM on Day 1!

OMG I was right about an ability that only triggers off of night kills essentially clearing my entire trinity~!

Like, BBM should've flipped sooner, so that it would've fully reinforced my theory. But I'm just gonna blame Mancer for being inactive. :P:

Other than the astounding lack of activity, that was fun~! Dear future hosts, please make me a tree stump so I can dissect people after I flip~!

OMG I was right about an ability that only triggers off of night kills essentially clearing my entire trinity~!

[19/12/2015 23:17:12] SB: alignments were also randomised and stuff within trinities
[19/12/2015 23:17:19] SB: so like
[19/12/2015 23:17:23] SB: mafia could literally have been
[19/12/2015 23:17:27] SB: the trio of stumps

[19/12/2015 23:17:12] SB: alignments were also randomised and stuff within trinities

That would have been amazing. But logic wins in the end. . .or beginning.

my response to this:

[12/19/2015 6:18:39 PM] Rohan Kulkarni: see, the problem with RNGing unless you explicitly say it's RNGed is eclipse's thing about no scum stumps
[12/19/2015 6:18:59 PM] Rohan Kulkarni: where the logic is wrong but it ends up being correct anyways
[12/19/2015 6:19:05 PM] SB: yeah
[12/19/2015 6:19:19 PM] SB: i probably should have been more explicit about it in the rules
[12/19/2015 6:19:26 PM] SB: but i hinted about it in "dont rolespec this"
[12/19/2015 6:19:30 PM] Rohan Kulkarni: IMO it's better to purposely distribute it so that spec will fail
[12/19/2015 6:19:42 PM] SB: if i did that i would've done
[12/19/2015 6:19:45 PM] Rohan Kulkarni: everyone says "don't rolespec this" at this point
I was kind of annoyed that I got lynched when I wasn't around to defend myself but w/e, gj Ocean!

Obviously we should just D1 lynch Rapier from now on if the hosts allow him in the game at all. But seriously, can we just blacklist Rapier from all future games? He doesn't do anything.

So here's a speed postgame before I sleep.

The Trinity idea was semi-inspired by a mafiascum game which used a kind of similar layout but I wanted to add more to it. All Trinities were set up to have 2 vanillas and 1 buffed up version of a normally mediocre PR (except maybe the RB), with all of the Wild Cards filling in the rest of the PRs.

After how the rng went, I designed all the town PRs to be strong lategame roles that took time to ramp up, with the other town PRs being mostly there to buy time for them to come online. Town didn't get an info role to subvert expectations and give scum a solid fake. Both of the scum roles were things they could flex as town roles, and the QA was also able to help scum figure out the setup (eg if scum guessed the 2 vanilla/1 pr trinity makeup, they could've potentially PoE'd all PRs in one night depending on what was claimed).

Trinities all had factional powers mostly because I know that a lot of people don't like being vanilla and having a small mostly-useless passive sometimes motivates them. They were decided pre-rng and I don't think I would've changed anything unless all 3 scum rolled power because the entire scumteam being unlynchable d1 sounds questionnable. The Trinity names were blatantly taken from Zelda so I didn't have to think of them myself. It also meant that I could put a cool looking picture in the opening post which is a very viable tactic to make people want to join your game apparently.

I won't go into individual player stuff too much but I think that BBM, Ocean, Eli, Crysta and Paper before the last five minutes of the game played really well and a lot of others had decent games but I don't really remember because the earlier days feel like a long time ago.

Thanks for everyone who played and especially to everyone who subbed in. I think the game got a lot more interesting as it went on because of the subs putting in the effort and replacing the dead slots. It says a lot about some of my previous games that even with all the flakers this was probably the most fun I've had reading one of my games (after d3 started) but oh well.

Sorry clarinets lol

I'm honestly surprised I got lynched Day One. I thought I was playing better than all of my other games! I guess when the obligatory D1 protective role lynch calls nothing can stop it from happening.

Anyway, good game everyone! I had fun playing, I thought it was my best Town game yet. Also, I was right about my RVS read on BBM lol

I'm honestly surprised I got lynched Day One. I thought I was playing better than all of my other games! I guess when the obligatory D1 protective role lynch calls nothing can stop it from happening.

Anyway, good game everyone! I had fun playing, I thought it was my best Town game yet. Also, I was right about my RVS read on BBM lol

Alright, here's what I meant way back in D2:

- Ask questions. Someone pushing you? Ask about their motives and mindset and all that jazz until you can get in their heads, THEN do a counter ("I really want to respond to your case, but I can't figure out why you're pushing me" is an example of this). Not addressing things directly is scummy.

- If you're online, and doing everything else besides answering a case on you, I read that as scum. I believe you were active elsewhere on SF while you had a case going on you. I can understand not having time, but I believe you were searching for a new theme during your own lynch.

- If you're not sure if you're going to be around before lynch end, claim. Even if it's 24 hours before deadline. It's better to have some information about yourself out there than nothing at all, because your claim would've put pressure elsewhere.

Soooo. . .getting your views and mindset out there, and being as clear as possible should help to keep you out of early-lynch crosshairs. After that, you'll have more info. Not yelling at you, just hoping that you'll take this to heart so that you don't wind up being the obligatory D1 lynch!

The best way to not get lynched is to make wall posts. Everyone will be too lazy to read them, so you'll get off scot free!