Do you prefer fashion or practicality in video games wardrobe?

IceBrand

Which do you lean to more?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Preference

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my favorite part of shovel knight is when you get the most expensive item in the game, the gold armor, and all it does is make your jump fabulous

depends really

is the game so hard that i'll need the more useful thing

or is the game easy

if the game is easy then fuck yeah i'll go for fashion

although really I like when the best thing is the best looking thing

Fashion unless it's cripplingly worse, or if it's hard enough as a game I need every edge I can get. When it doesn't make too much difference - Dark Souls for instance - then always fashion.

Fashion Hunter.

I am the man who equipped Gigginox armour as soon as I could get it because it looked fantastic, and never unequipped it afterwards, even when I would get OHKO'd. Other people who were minmaxing armour for all the fancy skills and stuff? None of 'em were as good as me.

RELY ON YOUR OWN WITS AND GUTS, AND YOU'LL GO FAR

And also fashion of course.

Edited by Nightmare

practicality so long as it looks at least reasonably okay

equips that don't matter so much I'll often switch out for less high-stat versions that match my important practical equips better

i couldnt give less of a shit about fashion in videogames

confession: i don't really like most monster hunter armour designs aesthetically so clown suits and full sets are all the same to me

edit: except fashion souls because armour isn't important so why not at least look good

Edited by fuccboi

No idea. In MH4U I went with Shagaru Magala armor and it's ok not the best armor but I like how it looks and the stats are good enough (natural Handicraft is niiice) but none of the other armor I have access to appeals to me as much so...

Edited by Tiki is my Wife P

I would say fashionable. Although it depends on whether or not I can get away with it. Like, using those sexy camos instead of the more practical Sneaking Suit in MGS V is no big deal. But Monster Hunter is an entirely different story. Without a set that supports your playstyle, you won't be able to keep up with the continuously scaling monsters.

confession: i don't really like most monster hunter armour designs aesthetically so clown suits and full sets are all the same to me

even gypceros armor

No idea. In MH4U I went with Shagaru Magala armor and it's ok not the best armor but I like how it looks and the stats are good enough (natural Handicraft is niiice) but none of the other armor I have access to appeals to me as much so...

*looks up armour*

omg what I love that set (both male and female but probably female moreso)

yeah I should probably try actually finishing that game...

practicality so long as it looks at least reasonably okay

equips that don't matter so much I'll often switch out for less high-stat versions that match my important practical equips better

^This pretty much. Of course, a lot of games I play don't even show your armor on your character so there's not really much of a choice.

A bit of both. It doesn't have to be one or the other. You can look cool/sexy/pretty/cute without flashing your panties like Camilla/Charlotte.

I dunno, at least make some sort of sense that isn't "hey lets just dress as sluts to bring over a shittier fanbase".

Edited by Soul o:

practicality if it's something that you can't control as a player ie. base character design. there's no reason that a practical outfit can't also be stylish

but if im tryna equip something better and it looks like shit, im probably not gonna equip it

A bit of both. It doesn't have to be one or the other. You can look cool/sexy/pretty/cute without flashing your panties like Camilla/Charlotte.

I dunno, at least make some sort of sense that isn't "hey lets just dress as sluts to bring over a shittier fanbase".

something tells me you came to this thread with an agenda of some kind

Yeah, but Camilla/Charlotte look damn good in those panties.

why are you this mad about video game girls on the internet

anyway topic: 1 0 0 % f a s h i o n

Edited by Integrity